Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: 750, Q48, V44 - test-day experience & prep review [#permalink]
That was a detailed debrief. I can understand your frustration, but a 750 is still an outstanding score and you should go out and celebrate.

On a side note, your note about Holborn brought back a swoosh of memories. I used to take a bus from Hackney to Liverpool Street and hop on the Central Line to get to Holborn and walk to LSE every day. Best summer :)

I hope, in about one month, I'll be in your position as well. Good luck for your applications. What schools are you targeting?
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Ha, 'bio break', I like it. Good euphemism. Yeah, I have no idea how I ended up doing that during quant, ridiculous really as I have always found it really difficult to finish on time.

Thanks for the congrats all. Whiplash, I've just been in the Liverpool St area having my celebratory drinks. Coincidentally there was a celebratory drinks reception tonight for a nonprofit project I've been involved in so I was up in Reed Smith offices on the 31st floor with panoramic views over London and free champagne. Good way to celebrate! Am now back in Bethnal Green - so all similar areas to those you mention. Glad you had a good time here! Good luck for your GMAT - one month eh? In terms of schools, at the moment I'm looking primarily at Yale SOM, Rotman and Stern, and will be visiting all three in a couple of weeks. I may pull in visits to one or more of Columbia/HBS/Sloan/Wharton as well if I can, but don't have much time. If you have any suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them. Good luck with your prep, I'm sure you'll completely ace it!
SVP
SVP
Send PM

Bethnal Green sounds so familiar; I used to take the 48 or 51 everyday. :)

Those are good schools. What concentration/post-MBA industries are you looking at? And yeah, it's in a month. I'm just hanging in here. Don't want to get complacent with the GMAT Prep. And I feel like I still need to do some more because I haven't even started working on the OG yet.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V44
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
Those are good schools. What concentration/post-MBA industries are you looking at?

General management/strategy, with a view to going into management consulting. That's the short-mid term goal. Long term I expect I'll move into social entrepreneurship in one way or another, but that's quite far down the line. I want to find a school that will help prepare me for this big transition (I work in nonprofit now) and that will enable me to spend my days with inspirational and creative people.

After almost 1200 posts, if anyone knows how to prepare a good strategy to achieve their goals it's probably you ;)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
mattdrummer wrote:
whiplash2411 wrote:
Those are good schools. What concentration/post-MBA industries are you looking at?

General management/strategy, with a view to going into management consulting. That's the short-mid term goal. Long term I expect I'll move into social entrepreneurship in one way or another, but that's quite far down the line. I want to find a school that will help prepare me for this big transition (I work in nonprofit now) and that will enable me to spend my days with inspirational and creative people.

After almost 1200 posts, if anyone knows how to prepare a good strategy to achieve their goals it's probably you ;)

Haha, thank you. I try :)

Your post MBA plans are similar to what I want to do as well, except I am a much younger applicant (I'm 19, if only for one more day) targeting only HBS for now (because of their 2+2 program). I guess you mentioned it, but is there any reason why you're not making it one of your top choices? This might just be because I am besotted with their program, but I visited the school and it's fabulous. I love the case study method and I love the atmosphere and resources. :)
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V44
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
Your post MBA plans are similar to what I want to do as well, except I am a much younger applicant (I'm 19, if only for one more day) targeting only HBS for now (because of their 2+2 program). I guess you mentioned it, but is there any reason why you're not making it one of your top choices? This might just be because I am besotted with their program, but I visited the school and it's fabulous. I love the case study method and I love the atmosphere and resources. :)

There are reasons, but perhaps they are not all good reasons. I will take another look and give it some more thought.

More to the point though, happy birthday for tomorrow! Have a good one, and try not to even think about the GMAT for the whole day, let alone look at a book/forum!
:woohoo
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
WOW...for both debrief and score.
Good luck for applications.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Haha, thank you :) :) I will try and probably fail because I don't have much else planned.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
great post man!! congrats for the score!!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts