Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: 770 - 99 percentile - Q50 , V45 [#permalink]
awesome!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 294 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE 1: 3.75 IT
WE 2: 1.0 IT
Send PM
Sanlitun.. Congrats on your score and Thanks for your debrief which was truly inspiring!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
wow! That was inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
Good luck in your MBA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi , Congrats ! I seek some advice from you and from all others whoever is reading this. Took the GMAT yesterday and scored a 660(Q48,V33) ..I am disappointed. I have studied well.
Practised IMS materials which are up to the mark, have taken 3 MGMAT (only the maths, all the 800 score tests both new and old ( mostly maths) , 4 Princeton Review test(all maths ..very easy, I got only 1,2 mistakes), 2 Kaplan (found maths easy and english very tough) and some papers here and there.
I have taken few English tests..the 800 score ones ( have scored 89% and 93% in 1-2 ..but mostly in 60-70% )..initially i would make many mistakes, but then I studied the OG12 in and out, went through each explaination of the SC and most CR s and by now can almost sequentially remember all the 140 SC and 124 CRs and the their related flaws. However , when I took the gmat prep test during the last 2 weeks
I started scoring 650 , 660 and max 710.
Here comes the funny part ; the GMAT Prep Tests surprised me more than anything , I would make as much as 16 mistakes in Quants (which I consider very poor) or lesser.. but manage at least a 48, less than 10 mistakes will get me a score of 49. However , I will perform comparatively better in the verbal , 10 , 7 , 12 mistakes dispersed evenly throughout the test and get a 30 - 35 score. I was soo astonished , i presumed my quant and verbal scores are getting exchanged by some software gap:) ...i could not rely on the GMAT Prep ...
But the real test was exactly like the GMAT Prep Tests...maths seemed tough and Verbal easy..but alas my verbal score got stuck to a 33. My question is what about people who score 40+ in english ..do they get all questions correct..
I am feeling very low because i think i could possibly make a 710 if not more..I am poor in RC ..but found GMAT prep and GMAT rc s to be pretty easy and doable..usually i would randomly mark the last rc to answer the last crs and scs correctly. I am clueless how to start prepare again ...looking for some good quality advice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
What were your scores on MGMAT tests ? and were they timed ?

As far as I know no one has figured out how the GMAT computer adaptive system works, so trying to figure out how many wrong answers one can score in an exam is not useful. For example: Since the system adapts the level of difficulty as the exam progresses, is getting 5 wrong answers at a high level the same as getting 5 wrong answers at a lower level ?

I am sure very few people get all the questions right in verbal (there was someone on gmatclub with V51) but the rest of us get enough of the lower level questions right and make mistakes at the higher level.

Also , I do not recommend guessing RC questions instead of tackling them. By doing so , you are probably lowering your GMAT score. It will better if you focus on RC for sometime, till you are able to handle RC questions within 2 minutes/question. Since verbal is clearly the weakness, I would suggest using MGMAT SC and CR books.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management and Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton,Insead,LBS,IMD,Kellog,Haas,Duke
Send PM
I am really amazed how you guys achieve hell lot of grades in such a short time???

well congrats it is an outstanding score
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts