Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Stern '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 243
GMAT Date: 11-01-2012
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 276
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
780 ( Q50, V47) - Never too old ! [#permalink]
deependra1234 wrote:
sayantanc2k wrote:
This post is not meant to elaborate my study plan for GMAT or to provide valuable tips and tricks for the test - there are already excellent posts on such matters - but to draw attention to certain aspects not related to studying, yet significantly contributing to my 780.

(A note on Manhattan tests pricing: I do not consider it wise spending $50 for the Manhattan tests; these tests come free with purchase of any of its test prep books. I purchased an IR book for $26 and got all these tests in addition to an online IR question bank. I still do not understand the reason that Manhattan fixed such pricing.)

Hi @sayantan2k ,

Congratulation and thanks for supporting us.

Which of the two version of IR Book should I buy??

https://www.amazon.in/Integrated-Reasoni ... 1935707833
(This one mentions in the description

Purchase of this book includes one year of access to Manhattan GMAT’s online computer-adaptive practice exams and Integrated Reasoning and Essay Question Bank

https://www.amazon.in/Integrated-Reasoni ... b_title_bk

Nothing is mentioned here.

Will it be the same 6 test series which is on their website for analysis?? How do i avail it?? any codes given in book or i hv to mail manhattan something???

Hi deependra1234,

Manhattan has changed its policy about the test series.
Beginning mid-March 2017,Book purchasers will have limited access and Manhattan Prep course students will continue to have unlimited access. If you purchase one book only you will get access to only 1 manhattan test.

However,

MGMAT is running promo until July 10th - you can purchase 6 of their CAT's for only $10, normal price is $49, so this is a great deal! You can of course get them free if you purchase the MGMAT Book Bundle but it is a great offer for everyone else preparing out there!

These tests have the new Section Order feature available in them too!

To take advantage of this offer, use promo code PERFECT10
Link: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/stor ... ice-tests/

Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Hi

@sayantan2k

I need a piece of advice on how do I improve my Verbal score on GMAT. After a few months of practice, I am stuck in the V30s range (from V33 to V 38). I want to improve upon my verbal so that I could score at least close to V44.
I gave 7 Veritas prep exams, and the scores are (in the same sequence, as I gave exams) :-
Q51, V30
Q51, V35,
Q51, V38
Q51, V36
Q50, V33
Q50, V36
Q47, V35

I gave one free GMAT prep exam:- 710, Q49, V38.

I am really confused at this stage. I find CR and RC somewhat more difficult on verbal section than the SC part.
I used Manhattan GMAT books for RC and CR. For sentence correction, I used e-GMAT resources, free Magoosh resources, and Manhattan SC (i found it difficult to understand compared to other SC resources).
For Quant I have relied on material from Gmat Club only.
I have started to feel helpless now about my GMAT score, (as you can see I don't seem to be able to improve my score, it has been more or less constant for the exams I gave).I don't know what more resources to invest in. Please help!

Also, if you could guide me on the strategy to adopt in the real exam. The most recent Veritas test I gave, I obtained a score of Q 47. I got the first 3 problems correct, the 4th problem I got wrong. And similar patter continued for rest of the Quant section ( I got a problem wrong after getting around every 3-4 problems correct. But when I saw my detailed Quant analysis, to my shock, I never got a problem form the 700 or above level (i did not even get a problem in 650-700 level) in the entire quant section. i am unable to understand what went wrong.

I would really appreciate your help!
Thanks in advance
Manu
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts