Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9242 [1]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: 800 Score.com [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Gmatprep550 wrote:
Hi AjiteshArun

Earlier I had scored 27 and 25 in Verbal on 800Score.com and yesterday I tried on GMAT CLUB Test where managed to score only 21.

I am on RUSH as I am on leave from office right now as had planned to give GMAT in 1st week of Apr and I am sure if I cancel this leave then not gonna get in near future as slots are already booked by others.

I have not gave any official mock yet hence thinking if should give one.
I assumed that you had time because I thought you'd planned to take the actual exam only after getting close to your target score. However, if you plan to take the test in April, you should take an official practice test as soon as possible.

As for test slots, it's usually not that tough to find slots in April. Are you sure they're all booked?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Quote:
I assumed that you had time because I thought you'd planned to take the actual exam only after getting close to your target score. However, if you plan to take the test in April, you should take an official practice test as soon as possible.

Yup that was the initial plan but it didn't worked and things got changed as got leaves from office so.....

To my near location only one date is available in 1st week of Apr ie on 2nd of April, which is in less than 2 weeks.

I found few week points of mine in SC ie, Subject verb, Pronoun, modifiers, and Comparison(I know its too much :( ). Hence planned to revise that today and might give one official practice test on tomorrow or day after tomorrow. I will share score here after that.
examPAL Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1777 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Kudos
Gmatprep550 wrote:
Hi All,

Need help badly, I am not sure whats going wrong But I am doing very bad in Verbal and need help for the same.

After my last mock I was mainly focusing on Verbal as I know that I can score good quant for sure. I gave only verbal section yesterday on GMAT Club test and scored only 21 and I was like what?????

If I observe my study of last few days than I can surely say that my knowledge has really increased after I gave my last mock still my score decreased from 25 to 21.

Not sure whats going wrong hence I am planning to give one on official site today to make sure I get real score. Any advise If I should not give it today and why?

Let me know if you want any report of my last mock.

PS - I am not focusing much on quant right now and just practicing few questions a day as Quant is big + for me and I can prepare that quickly whenever needed.

TimNollan wrote:
This is a great result, keep going!
I have not achieved such a result yet (I don’t even want to talk about it), but I try very hard!

Hi TimNollan,

Believe me it is not, Just keep practicing and you will achieve better then this for sure. :)

Hey Gmatprep550,

Suggestions on debugging Verbal -
A critical part of improving is to understand that you need to learn and not just practice.
More specifically, when you look at the questions you get wrong, do you notice a trend? Details you tend to miss? Traps you tend to fall into? Words you don't know? Logic you don't understand? If you do, then you know what you need to focus on to improve. If not, then you are still in a more 'preliminary' learning phase, meaning that you should take the time to read and understand the official answers to each question. Over time, you'll be able to emulate the logic of these answers and thereby to identify what, exactly, you need to improve.

Suggestions on taking the official test -
As many above have said, try to do the whole practice exam in one sitting. At a minimum, do a full section without any breaks or interruptions. Otherwise, this will be a good 'practice session', meaning you'll get good practice at solving, but a very bad 'test simulation', meaning you'll get very little information on how well you'll do on the exam.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2