GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2019, 11:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

96 to 109 with 2 days of preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
96 to 109 with 2 days of preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 04:37
I took toefl first time in March 2015. Scored 96(R26 L23 S20 W28). This was a hurried attempt and did not involve any serious preparation. The main thing was that I didn't practice speaking section. All I used was the free stuff on Noteful.com. I read the guidelines for reading and listening & followed the frame work for speaking and writing.

However, most of the schools require min of 100 for full-time mba programs and some put min cut off in speaking, and some put cut off for all the sections and even some put cut off in speaking for merit based scholarship. 96 was not enough for me and also speaking score.

So booked a date in October 2015 again. This time also I used Noteful.com videos. I practiced a lot, especially speaking. If you don't practice you don't get flow, if you are not in flow, you cant speak fluently on the test. But like many students, I am also a working professional and didn't have time for this. so I practiced a lot with my wife just for a day. that set the tune. Also, record your answer on a mobile and listen to it later, to check how you sound. if you don't like how you answered, then probably toefl will also not like it. Practice until you like it.

For Reading and Listening, you need to be diligent while answering. Summary question in Reading is tough, so practice a lot for that. For writing, you can follow the framework on Noteful.

New score is 109(R27 L29 S26 W27). Decreased 1 point in writing :-D .

For those who don't have much time for preparation, this will do.
96 to 109 with 2 days of preparation   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2015, 04:37

96 to 109 with 2 days of preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass