It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 19:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A new weight-loss drug causes the loss of body fat in all

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1078

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: A new weight-loss drug causes the loss of body fat in all [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2017, 00:37
Hussain110 wrote:
chesstitans wrote:
Hussain110 wrote:
hi GMATNinjaTwo, mikemcgarry.
Could you please look into this?
Option A states that fat will not melt necessarily. but the passage does mention that fat will melt, with no exceptions stated.
Option C is more apt which brings a new element into picture, the chemicals and yes we can infer that from the passage, although not stated directly and that is what inferences are all about...
Is my understanding correct?

there is no information in the passage about chemical and fat CELLS.
by the way, how you tag name of other members in your post?

Yes...exactly,there is no info about new chemicals, but that is what inferences are about. Options for inferences may introduce new elements, right?

P.S: You use @ProfileName to tag someone.

first, thanks for showing me the way to tag the name of a member.
Next, an inference has nothing to do with a new information, but an assumption often does.
Oh Gosh, you really need to work on the inference question b/c such type of question is the main type in reading comprehensive in gmat.
It is not hard to do inference questions in reading, but in CR, inference questions are hard. The point is an answer for an inference question must be always true based on information from the passage.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 32

CAT Tests
A new weight-loss drug causes the loss of body fat in all [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2017, 00:51
chesstitans
Ok..now tell me what makes you believe that option A is correct? Doesn't the passage say that the subject causes the loss of body fat(paraphrase: will lose body fat). But the option A states that they will not "necessarily" lose body fat!! How correct is this?
I will be happy to stand corrected.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 32

VP
VP
S

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: A new weight-loss drug causes the loss of body fat in all [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2017, 15:03
Hussain110 wrote:
chesstitans
Ok..now tell me what makes you believe that option A is correct? Doesn't the passage say that the subject causes the loss of body fat(paraphrase: will lose body fat). But the option A states that they will not "necessarily" lose body fat!! How correct is this?
I will be happy to stand corrected.

A is a common pattern in gmat b/c A concerns with the amount vs the percentage.
Clearly, in A, both the amount of fat and amount of non-fat decrease. For example, the total body mass is 10, fat is 6; the percentage is 60%. Now, fat is reduced to 3, and body mass is now half => percentage is still 60%.
The other way to check whether A is truly right is to use POE method. That is, all wrong choices will be eliminated, and A is left.

Re: A new weight-loss drug causes the loss of body fat in all   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2017, 15:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

A new weight-loss drug causes the loss of body fat in all

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap