GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Apr 2020, 18:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

A question about MBA concentrations

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
A question about MBA concentrations  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 11:26
Hi folks,

I have a B.S. in Business Administration and majored in Computer Information systems as an undergrad. Since then I have been working as a Business Systems Analyst in the Information Technology field for 12 years. My question is, should I be looking at a MBA concentration that is tailored to IT or should I explore another area such as as Finance? Does it really matter looking at the bigger picture? Thanks.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Re: A question about MBA concentrations  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 17:12
I'll be that guy that answers your question with a question!

What is it that you are hoping to do career-wise after completion of your MBA? This should help answer your question.

In general, IMHO, the MBA concentration is nice -- but it's like deciding whether to put ketchup or mustard on the hot-dog. A different flavor.. but it still all comes down to making sure you have a great hot dog.

Brian Lange | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | North Carolina

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile
Intern
Intern
Re: A question about MBA concentrations  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 18:24
brianlange77 wrote:
I'll be that guy that answers your question with a question!

What is it that you are hoping to do career-wise after completion of your MBA? This should help answer your question.

In general, IMHO, the MBA concentration is nice -- but it's like deciding whether to put ketchup or mustard on the hot-dog. A different flavor.. but it still all comes down to making sure you have a great hot dog.

Good question. I have a supervisory position and also perform project management so I may stay in the IT field and move up to senior management. I don't have a specific direction I want to take but I am hoping earning a MBA will open up more doors for me in management, whether I stay with my employer or not. I mentioned Finance because I have an interest in the basics but it doesn't have a direct relationship in my line of work. It's more of an interest. I probably answered my own question so please help me decipher. :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: A question about MBA concentrations   [#permalink] 31 Jul 2013, 18:24

A question about MBA concentrations

new topic post reply Update application status