Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [8]
Given Kudos: 387
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [2]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Send PM
Re: A recent study conducted by Armald company found that the main reason [#permalink]
I would go with B.
If the actual quality of the product is bad then it does not matters whether or not the uniform will have any impact.
If suppose the sales employees wear new uniform and quality of the product is still bad then this will scrap off the reasoning given by VP .

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: A recent study conducted by Armald company found that the main reason [#permalink]
I would go with A . If the conversion ratio is inline with the industry standard then the quality of clothes do not matter.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 387
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
A recent study conducted by Armald company found that the main reason [#permalink]
A recent study conducted by Armald company found that the main reason for the low conversion ratio (number of customers made to number of potential customers approached) is that the sales employees of Armald do not appear as serious and formal to the prospective customers as do employees of other companies. The company’s vice-president has suggested that the possible reason could be that the current uniform of sales people is perceived to be of lower quality by the people. The vice-president has therefore proposed replacing the existing uniform of salespeople with better and more expensive uniform.

Which of the following would it be most important to ascertain in determining whether implementing the vice-president’s proposal would increase the sales of the company?

A. Whether the conversion ratio for Armald is lower than most of its competitors.
B. Whether the appearance of sales employees plays a more important role than the actual quality of the product of the company.
C. Whether there are cases where prospective customers don’t even agree to meet the sales employees of Armald.
D. Whether most of the sales employees of Armald wear their existing uniform prescribed by the company while going to prospective customer visits.
E. Whether Armald continually monitors the performance of all its sales employees

Like==1 kudos please!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1779 [0]
Given Kudos: 2562
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
I really cannot find the original source of this question on gmat. Pls help me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
This is a evaluate question. Can anybody give a much more detailed explanation per the process of evaluate question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
It has to be B.
Can anybody tell me why D?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
D clearly suggests that the employees are currently wearing the existing uniform while going to prospective customers. The result is clear from the stimulus that the conversion rate is low. Hence it is the low quality of the uniform which the VP believes is responsible for the low conversion rate.

Hence evaluating the above with a Yes or a No helps in determining the correct answer.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
832 posts