GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

December 15, 2018

December 15, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Get the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
CAT Tests
A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2018, 08:06
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

95% (hard)

Question Stats:

19% (01:21) correct 81% (01:27) wrong based on 163 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found that, because of the number of international companies establishing their business in the United States, the contribution of local entrepreneurs to the IBC is almost negligible. In order to get more local businesses to contribute, the club has proposed to host seminars on how local entrepreneurs can establish their businesses in other countries
Which of the following, if true, provides the strongest reason to expect that the proposed seminars will be successful in attracting local entrepreneurs to support the IBC?

The IBC participation of many international companies has decreased considerably in the past few years.

Most local entrepreneurs do not contribute to the IBC because they cannot afford the membership rates of the club

Some local businessmen have been long-term supporters of the IBC, contributing actively to the organization

Many prominent entrepreneurs who are CEOs of multinational companies will be delivering talks at the seminar.

Some local businessmen have been voicing their interest in launching branches overseas.

Not Giving UP! Kudos if you like the question :)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2018, 10:35
Could someone please former the answer choices according to the "guidelines"? :)

Furthermore, I am very surprised by the OA and would be very interested to hear the OE or the take from on of the experts.

Best regards,
Chris

A couple of things that helped me in verbal:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-strategies-268700.html#p2082192

Gmat Prep CAT #1: V42, Q34, 630
Gmat Prep CAT #2: V46, Q35, 660
Gmat Prep CAT #3: V41, Q42, 680

On the mission to improve my quant score, all help is appreciated! :)

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 12:51
If possible kindly provide OE for this question
in my opinion answer should be E, not D
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V26
A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 13:03
Cbirole wrote:
A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found that, because of the number of international companies establishing their business in the United States, the contribution of local entrepreneurs to the IBC is almost negligible. In order to get more local businesses to contribute, the club has proposed to host seminars on how local entrepreneurs can establish their businesses in other countries
Which of the following, if true, provides the strongest reason to expect that the proposed seminars will be successful in attracting local entrepreneurs to support the IBC?

The IBC participation of many international companies has decreased considerably in the past few years.

Most local entrepreneurs do not contribute to the IBC because they cannot afford the membership rates of the club

Some local businessmen have been long-term supporters of the IBC, contributing actively to the organization

Many prominent entrepreneurs who are CEOs of multinational companies will be delivering talks at the seminar.

Some local businessmen have been voicing their interest in launching branches overseas.

In my opinion its D.

The IBC participation of many international companies has decreased considerably in the past few years. Its actually weakening the statement.

Most local entrepreneurs do not contribute to the IBC because they cannot afford the membership rates of the club Same as A

Some local businessmen have been long-term supporters of the IBC, contributing actively to the organization only some of them cannot guarantee the success of seminar we need maximum support.

Many prominent entrepreneurs who are CEOs of multinational companies will be delivering talks at the seminar. This looks better as CEO's will attend the seminar as speakers they will extend the support. Its like include all the important people in decision making and they all will help in implementing the same

Some local businessmen have been voicing their interest in launching branches overseas. Some not all or most of them.

I am not the expert and V26 in my gmat proves that :lol: :cry: . So experts please correct me if i am wrong in my explanation.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 13:41
How can local entrepreneur support IBC ? If local entrepreneurs participate in seminar ? No way . The only way to support IBC is that if local entrepreneurs increase their share of business by opening overseas branch. So Answer should be E.

Participating in seminar will do nothing for IBC. So I think, no way D can be correct answer.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V26

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 13:50
shiblee wrote:
How can local entrepreneur support IBC ? If local entrepreneurs participate in seminar ? No way . The only way to support IBC is that if local entrepreneurs increase their share of business by opening overseas branch. So Answer should be E.

Participating in seminar will do nothing for IBC. So I think, no way D can be correct answer.

My answer is based on the reasoning given in the below lines

the contribution of local entrepreneurs to the IBC is almost negligible. In order to get more local businesses to contribute, the club has proposed to host seminars on how local entrepreneurs can establish their businesses in other countries

To lure LE its a good idea to get prominent figures in the seminar. also its given that contribution of LE in IBC is not too much.

does someone have the OA for this question.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 14:46
The current hit rate on this question fuels my earlier suspicion that the OA might be incorrectly stated.

Could one of the experts give this one a try? :)

GMATNinja , nightblade354 , VeritasKarishma could one of you shed some light on this?

Regards,
Chris

A couple of things that helped me in verbal:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-strategies-268700.html#p2082192

Gmat Prep CAT #1: V42, Q34, 630
Gmat Prep CAT #2: V46, Q35, 660
Gmat Prep CAT #3: V41, Q42, 680

On the mission to improve my quant score, all help is appreciated! :)

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 22:02
Can it not be B?

My thought process behind choosing B was that since the membership rates are high, the local entrepreneurs are not able to contribute to the IBC. Thus, with the help of the seminar, the entrepreneurs can contribute.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2018, 01:16
shubham2312 wrote:
If possible kindly provide OE for this question
in my opinion answer should be E, not D

E is incorrect as it says "Some local businessmen have been voicing their interest in launching branches overseas", but we don't know if these businessmen will attend the seminar and influence local entrepreneurs.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 04:55
mohitdel1984 wrote:
Cbirole wrote:

In my opinion its D.

The IBC participation of many international companies has decreased considerably in the past few years. Its actually weakening the statement.

Most local entrepreneurs do not contribute to the IBC because they cannot afford the membership rates of the club Same as A

Some local businessmen have been long-term supporters of the IBC, contributing actively to the organization only some of them cannot guarantee the success of seminar we need maximum support.

Many prominent entrepreneurs who are CEOs of multinational companies will be delivering talks at the seminar. This looks better as CEO's will attend the seminar as speakers they will extend the support. Its like include all the important people in decision making and they all will help in implementing the same

Some local businessmen have been voicing their interest in launching branches overseas. Some not all or most of them.

I am not the expert and V26 in my gmat proves that :lol: :cry: . So experts please correct me if i am wrong in my explanation.

I don't think (D) can be right. We don't know what the CEO's would be talking about. If businesses don't want to go international, the presence of CEO's makes no difference. Hence IBC cannot support the business because local businesses are not open to the idea of going international.

(E) tells there are some business who are keen and open on doing so. Here, the IBC can help these businesses contribute. IBC could help the local businesses in many ways, one of which could be introducing local business men to multi-national company CEO's.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found &nbs [#permalink] 30 Nov 2018, 04:55

A regional chapter of the International Business Club (IBC) has found

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap