It is currently 16 Jan 2018, 19:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 222

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 189

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Re: A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 04:50
Hello Experts,

I chose A for the below reasoning. can you let me know if it is correct?

As Manto subtcontracts the work for Model Z, it would mean that manto's workforce might not know how to build model TX because the subcontracted labor always do the work for Model Z. This would mean Manto's workforce works on other models such as Model TZ. Hence there if Manto layoffs employees, it will probably affect the 20 orders for Model TX

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks
_________________

My journey From 410 to 700 :-)
Here's my experience when I faced a glitch in my GMAT Exam
Don't do this mistake when you give your GMATPrep Mock!

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 189

SVP
SVP
avatar
G
Joined: 12 Dec 2016
Posts: 1860

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 2406

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2017, 18:29
yes, A is the answer. The question structure is really confusing.
Premise 1: shortage of orders of model TX -> conclusion 1: lay woff workers
premise 2: new orders for model TX -> conclusion 2: not lay off = against conclusion 1
premise 3: cancel orders for model Z -> conclusion 3: still lay off = against conclusion 2, but side with the conclusion 1.

weaken, no negative word, no question stem (which argument? -> probably the conclusion 3, and the only prime conclusion)
A is the answer b/c model Z uses outside workers while model TX use workers of the company -> no lay off.

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 2406

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 50

A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2018, 19:08
Hi!The reason I crossed out option E is that E talks about the consolidated airline's fleet which could have been ordered from other manufacturers and is not related to the employee lay off at Manto. Hope it helps.

Can we have some discussion on this one?...

I am not sure why E cannot be the answer?

~M14[/color][/quote]

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 50

SVP
SVP
avatar
G
Joined: 12 Dec 2016
Posts: 1860

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 2406

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 20:04
Kezia9 wrote:
Hi!The reason I crossed out option E is that E talks about the consolidated airline's fleet which could have been ordered from other manufacturers and is not related to the employee lay off at Manto. Hope it helps.

Can we have some discussion on this one?...

I am not sure why E cannot be the answer?

~M14[/color]
[/quote]

E can be interpreted as may airliners in consolidated are at the beginning of their expected service life.

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 2406

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 50

Re: A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 07:26
chesstitans wrote:
Kezia9 wrote:
Hi!The reason I crossed out option E is that E talks about the consolidated airline's fleet which could have been ordered from other manufacturers and is not related to the employee lay off at Manto. Hope it helps.

Can we have some discussion on this one?...

I am not sure why E cannot be the answer?

~M14[/color]


E can be interpreted as may airliners in consolidated are at the beginning of their expected service life.[/quote]

The consolidated airlines fleet's age has no relation to the employees at Manto being laid off.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 50

SVP
SVP
avatar
G
Joined: 12 Dec 2016
Posts: 1860

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 2406

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 21:50
Kezia9 wrote:
chesstitans wrote:
Kezia9 wrote:
Hi!The reason I crossed out option E is that E talks about the consolidated airline's fleet which could have been ordered from other manufacturers and is not related to the employee lay off at Manto. Hope it helps.

Can we have some discussion on this one?...

I am not sure why E cannot be the answer?

~M14[/color]


E can be interpreted as may airliners in consolidated are at the beginning of their expected service life.


The consolidated airlines fleet's age has no relation to the employees at Manto being laid off.[/quote]

right, here is another high quality question that has been bookmarked by a GMAT expert named Mike, https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-u-s-ener ... l#p1990115

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 2406

Re: A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2018, 21:50

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 26 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

A shortage of orders for Manto Aircraft's airliners has led

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.