Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Admission 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
JyotiChauhan wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi JyotiChauhan,

Based on when you plan to apply to school, you seem to have plenty of time to take your GMAT. That said, when would you like to take your GMAT?

I am planning to take my GMAT in June beginning.

Posted from my mobile device

Understood. If you need any advice regarding your GMAT studying, feel free to reach out.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi JyotiChauhan,

Studying for the GMAT now - far in advance of when you will actually "need" your Score - is a smart choice. The amount of additional study time that you might need will depend on your Score Goal and how you are performing on your practice CATs/mocks. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) Are you planning to apply to any other Schools besides ISB?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I will answer the question in that order.
1. I study for 15-16 hours minimum every week.
2. I have used Manhattan
3. I had only taken initial mock test to assess myself. Since then I planned to finish the syllabus before appearing for my next mock test
4. I am planning to score somewhere between 730-770.
5. Although, ISB is my target college. I won’t mind applying at foreign universities too, if there is a scope of scholarship.

GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
JyotiChauhan wrote:
Hi everyone
Trust you’re keeping well.
I started my preparation in January 2021. I have finished half of Quant along with CR and SC. I am planning the admission in 2022 batch. Assuming the application will be out in September’22. What is the ideal time to appear for my final GMAT? I am targeting ISB ‘22, can anybody please explain me the process here. Lastly, is there any scholarship for Indian students? Please help with the process.

Hi JyotiChauhan,

If you are planning to apply for next year's intake, that is 2022 intake, then you have to be ready with the score by 2021 September itself as the application process starts this year itself. Even for ISB 2022 intake, the Round-1 deadline will be in Sept/Oct 2021.

So, it's better to finish off your prep asap and be ready with the score. Once you are done with your GMAT, you will have to work on your essays, SOP, LOR and the other application related things required by the schools. You might find these articles helpful.

MBA application process: An Overview

The right time to take GMAT

Importance of GMAT score in fetching you a scholarship

A good GMAT score can fetch you a scholarship if you apply in the early rounds of the admission process. I can help you in a much better way if you can give me a little background about your current preparation strategy. This will help me to suggest you a better plan of action on how to proceed further. We could get in touch over a call and have a detailed discussion on the same. You can use the below link to get in touch with me.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi JyotiChauhan,

To score at a high level on the GMAT, you have to have a variety of skills (more than just content knowledge) and the only way to properly assess whether you have those skills or not is to take FULL-LENGTH CATs under realistic conditions AND at regular intervals.

If you have been studying for approximately 3 months, then we really need to know how well your overall skills have developed in that time. If there are issues with how you work through the GMAT, then the sooner we know about those issues, the more time we will have to fix them. As such, I strongly recommend that you take one of the Official GMAT CATs sometime soon (perhaps this weekend) - and take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that Score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results and how you might best proceed with your studies.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi JyotiChauhan,

Based on when you plan to apply to school, you seem to have plenty of time to take your GMAT. That said, when would you like to take your GMAT?

I am planning to take my GMAT in June beginning.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi JyotiChauhan,

To score at a high level on the GMAT, you have to have a variety of skills (more than just content knowledge) and the only way to properly assess whether you have those skills or not is to take FULL-LENGTH CATs under realistic conditions AND at regular intervals.

If you have been studying for approximately 3 months, then we really need to know how well your overall skills have developed in that time. If there are issues with how you work through the GMAT, then the sooner we know about those issues, the more time we will have to fix them. As such, I strongly recommend that you take one of the Official GMAT CATs sometime soon (perhaps this weekend) - and take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that Score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results and how you might best proceed with your studies.

Rich

Sure, I’ll take a mock this weekend to assess my preparation level.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 304
Send PM
Hi Jyoti. We both are in exactly the same boat. I’m interested to know how long did it take you to go through the Manhattan gmat books and what source do you use for practising high level gmat questions? Thanks

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admission 2022 [#permalink]
Shikhar22 wrote:
Hi Jyoti. We both are in exactly the same boat. I’m interested to know how long did it take you to go through the Manhattan gmat books and what source do you use for practising high level gmat questions? Thanks

Hi Shikhar,
It actually took me long, since I practiced questions after every topic and revised regularly.

It just depends on how quickly you learn along with the prior knowledge about the subject.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Admission 2022 [#permalink]