Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: Admission consultant [#permalink]
asthagupta it all depends on your interest budget and time for each application. Usually, the first 1 or 2 application takes major works from consultants in filling the knowledge gap to a draft application from scratch. Things to be considered all schools doesn't look at your application in the same way, here the experience of the consultant will surely hold a grip for each school application to expect a positive reply from schools you applied.

Hope this help!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
asthagupta wrote:
Hi All,

I see the admission consultants are charging too much and I do respect the fact that they charge for their knowledge. I have a question in my mind if I take help from one admission consultant for one college(application + interview), will it be possible for me to use that knowledge and apply it to other colleges myself.

Hi Ashta,
You can sign up with consultants for only one business school and do the rest of the applications by yourself. However, one thing to note is that b-school questions can vary vastly. We find that some bits and sections of the career goals are replicable but most of the application otherwise needs fresh thinking, even for similar essays, because of those slight changes in the essay question wording. If you feel you can understand these differences and apply them well to your essay writing, then that’s great.
We'd be happy to have a discussion with you. Our fee is mid-range (in INR) and you can decide after working with us on one b-school whether you'd like to take help for further programs.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBADecoder wrote:
asthagupta wrote:
Hi All,

I see the admission consultants are charging too much and I do respect the fact that they charge for their knowledge. I have a question in my mind if I take help from one admission consultant for one college(application + interview), will it be possible for me to use that knowledge and apply it to other colleges myself.

Hi Ashta,
You can sign up with consultants for only one business school and do the rest of the applications by yourself. However, one thing to note is that b-school questions can vary vastly. We find that some bits and sections of the career goals are replicable but most of the application otherwise needs fresh thinking, even for similar essays, because of those slight changes in the essay question wording. If you feel you can understand these differences and apply them well to your essay writing, then that’s great. From our experience, I can tell you we generally push applicants to consider every set of essays as a new one, and do some fresh thinking. That always helps answering questions to the point, as the adcom expects.

We'd be happy to have a discussion with you. Our fee is mid-range (in INR) and you can decide after working with us on one b-school whether you'd like to take help for further programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
Send PM
Hi Consultants,

I need some advice on how to shorten the responses to IIM-A R2 questions. The word limit is 100. The questions are:
Essay1: Why would you not like to go back to your last organization?
Essay2: Describe a situation where you failed professionally and how did you deal with this experience. What did you learn from this?

Can you guys give some tips and/or share sample essays? Much appreciated.

Thanks.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
equalizer wrote:
Hi Consultants,

I need some advice on how to shorten the responses to IIM-A R2 questions. The word limit is 100. The questions are:
Essay1: Why would you not like to go back to your last organization?
Essay2: Describe a situation where you failed professionally and how did you deal with this experience. What did you learn from this?

Can you guys give some tips and/or share sample essays? Much appreciated.

Thanks.

last year IIMA had asked such questions with a 500 word limit. I wonder what the reason for this word limit change is.

Essay 1: without criticizing your current organization, explain why you would not like to go back to it post MBA. It could be related to better opportunities outside, lack of further growth and career progression at the current organization, a desire to work in a new area/new domain post MBA, desire to make some professional impact which is beyond the scope of your organization, or any other valid reason. The assumption is that you have had a great run till now, but need to change your organization post MBA.
Be careful however of not suggesting drastic changes with regards to career goals - IIMA is for mid-level managers, and drastic career changes may not be attainable at that level.

Essay 2: There would not be much of a description in 100 words. Be o the point. Give a situation where you failed and why you failed (what mistake did you make)? How did you rectify the situaion/ deal with it? what were your learnings for the future? Space permitting - a short example of how you performed better in a similar situation at a later time.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
asthagupta wrote:
Hi All,

Asthagupta,

You ask a question I get a lot from prospective clients about purchasing a one school package and leveraging the application to apply to others. While in theory this logic is sound, what I find is that after working through one school, clients often upgrade to larger packages to maximize the chances of admission at the other schools. While essays generally have some cross-over between schools, what's generally written for one may not be applicable for another. And while you may have a very good writing sample from the original school in the package, you won't be able to simply copy and paste it into another rubric.

While yes, the services that admissions consultants provide are not cheap, the ROI of attending a top school is significantly higher than that of a mediocre one. And while using an MBA consultancy isn't magic, it will ensure that you are maximizing your profile for the schools you are applying for. Folks like myself and others understand the deep intricacies of the admissions process and have great relationships with admissions representatives from across the country. When you hire a consultant, you are gaining this deep breadth of knowledge and experience!

If you have any other questions about the admissions process or admissions consultants please don't hesitate to reach out!

Regards,
GMAT Club Bot