GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Aug 2020, 09:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Admission deadline issue

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Admission deadline issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 09:24
Hello all!

I got admitted to the HEC MBA and did my interviews for INSEAD (September 2020 intake). We should get the final decision by Jan, 22.
But, I got until Jan, 16 to inform HEC about my decision.. You see where I'm going with this? I may face the horrible dilemma to play safe and choose HEC or risk everything and hope to get INSEAD.
Is there anybody that faced similar situation?

Thanks for your lights !
Louis
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: HBS '21
GPA: 4
WE: Other (Retail Banking)
CAT Tests
Re: Admission deadline issue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 09:41
lmangold wrote:
Hello all!

I got admitted to the HEC MBA and did my interviews for INSEAD (September 2020 intake). We should get the final decision by Jan, 22.
But, I got until Jan, 16 to inform HEC about my decision.. You see where I'm going with this? I may face the horrible dilemma to play safe and choose HEC or risk everything and hope to get INSEAD.
Is there anybody that faced similar situation?

Thanks for your lights !
Louis

Hi, Congratulations upon your admission to HEC . Had I been at your place, considering the fact that how important the choice of school is going to
effect on your career for rest of your life, I would choose INSEAD or wait for INSEAD final call list . Check with HEC if you can apply in their next round or If they could extend the time for final decision . If the HEC can't then you need to ask yourself how desperately you wish to get into INSEAD and how badly you don't want to compromise on what you already got for what your dream school is . In the worst case if you are not selected would you apply in INSEAD third round ? would you wait until next year ? All these factors will automatically answer your questions .
My only suggestion is never compromise on your dream B-SCHOOL do give your best try and then take decisions after you have tried your best (coz you don't wanna make it look like a foolish thing to keep trying and rejecting and wasting time). :)
Stay positive about the INSEAD .
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 10:08
So you can inform your INSEAD AO about your situation if you are past the interview stage. I'm presuming you'll have to make a hefty deposit that you want to avoid.

Maybe the AO can help speed your result. We got results for round 1 Sep 2020 intake a few days before the final deadline for INSEAD.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2019, 01:05
Thanks you all!
I'll try to get in touch with the AO. Hope they faced similar situations before and that they will grant me extensions...
Happy to receive feedbacks from other users ;)
Louis
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Admission deadline issue   [#permalink] 18 Dec 2019, 01:05

Admission deadline issue

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: uc26, pabpinor, MBAPrepCoach