Check GMAT Club Decision Tracker for the Latest School Decision Releases

It is currently 23 Mar 2017, 13:36


GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance


we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.


Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admit to #2, WL at #1

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message

Hide Tags

Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Admit to #2, WL at #1 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2010, 11:33

I have been admitted to 1 top 10, 1 top 15, and WLed at 1 top 10 and one top 5. I would like to go to the top 5 the most, however, they could or could not take me off the WL before by deposit is due for the top 10 (one wave is before and one is after). How should I approach this? Just call the top 5 and as if they need more info (I have no updates from the time of my app) /express interest and wait until the deadline to enroll to see if I hear? Would it make sense to tell the top 5 that I have to make a decision by X date, or would that be seen as pushy? I could call now and not say anything (standard interest and updates) and then if I do not hear within a week of the other school's deadline, then call again and tell them I have to make a decision in a week, 10 days, etc. I am just unsure or how to handle a situation where you get into one school and want to wait to get off the waitlist for your top choice, but you might not hear from WL until the decision is due at your 2nd choice.

Any advice from people in this dilemma?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 04 Dec 2009
Posts: 376
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 4

Re: Admit to #2, WL at #1 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2010, 00:08
I'm not the praying type, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should bolt in, guns blazing. What has your contact with the Admissions Office of the school been like? What is your reading on the personalities involved?

I'd probably remind them that I exist and I've got a crush on them. Smile, let them know that I'm around and willing to answer any queries they could have, and my my, have you always let your hair down long? etc etc. :P Take it with a grain of salt, but by this point in our lives, we all have our weapons of persuasion.
Re: Admit to #2, WL at #1   [#permalink] 20 May 2010, 00:08
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
1 . bs8 13 21 Dec 2012, 12:11
WL SloanHopeful 0 31 Jan 2011, 16:05
1 Int B.Schools - 2011 Profiles/Admits/Dings/WL Thread Hussain15 9 23 Jan 2011, 06:19
Question about R1 - R2 Admits sam77sam7 5 28 Jan 2008, 12:51
Admit to a school that they are my #1? jessica83 7 16 Dec 2007, 04:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Admit to #2, WL at #1

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.