Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Kellogg 2013
 Q44  V50
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Kellogg
 Q48  V41
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink]
Thanks Jerz.

From looking through past gmatclub threads, it looks like most internships start mid-June and run until the end of August. I may be able to get a 11-month lease starting August 1, thus saving me a month's rent (for July next year). Other than the hassle of finding a new place and moving for the second year, this seems to be ideal. Am I missing something?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
To any current Kellogg students/alum: just curious, is there any sense in which you're ever asked to share the results of your 360º leadership assessment that you and others complete before classes start?

The forms all say that it's confidential, "unless the student chooses to share the results," but I'm wondering if there's an informal push to share the results, or if it's ever asked of students.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
mbahopeful2012 wrote:
Thanks Jerz.

From looking through past gmatclub threads, it looks like most internships start mid-June and run until the end of August. I may be able to get a 11-month lease starting August 1, thus saving me a month's rent (for July next year). Other than the hassle of finding a new place and moving for the second year, this seems to be ideal. Am I missing something?

Your calendar is correct. Most internships will start by mid-June, and the earliest anyone is back for 2nd year is mid-August. Some people stay in Evanston for the summer if they intern in Chicago.
Current Student
Send PM
mba762 wrote:
To any current Kellogg students/alum: just curious, is there any sense in which you're ever asked to share the results of your 360º leadership assessment that you and others complete before classes start?

The forms all say that it's confidential, "unless the student chooses to share the results," but I'm wondering if there's an informal push to share the results, or if it's ever asked of students.

As far as I remember, there was no push to share results, and people didn't really seem too interested in finding out classmates' results.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Same here, I don't think anyone ever mentioned it again after the session during CIM when they gave us the results.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the info!

Admitted students are in the process of selecting core courses for the Fall. We have two choices to make: whether to enroll in Finc-440 (turbo-finance) or not, and whether to take a marketing, finance, or micro-economics core course for the fall term.

I'm primarily interested in management consulting. Do MBB want to see students take turbo-finance, or does this decision not play heavily into recruiting for consulting? Is there an advantage to taking any of the aforementioned core courses in the fall in order to better prep for the consulting case interviews for internships after winter break?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategic Management
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: US Military
Send PM
Anybody not been verified by Re Vera Services yet?? They managed to lose my release and didnt let me know until two weeks ago - so the process just started for me. My application was 100% honest, but still it makes me nervous to have already signed a lease, arranged moving, etc... and I still have not gotten the full buy off yet :?

Feels like I'm waiting to get admitted again...
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
I haven't gotten a confirmation from Re Vera despite sending the authorization to them two weeks ago. So my verification hasn't event started! I spoke with them a couple of times...apparently, there is a delay at Kellogg's end for late admits. Kellogg has to look up and transmit applicant info to Re Vera manually.
Current Student
Send PM
As far as I remember from last year, there is no notification that you successfully "passed" verification. So you just hope to hear no bad news.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9