Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT, UCLA, Texas
 Q45  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: PE/VC
Schools:Tuck R1, Darden R1, McCombs R1, Fuqua R2 (Int-w/d)
 Q44  V44
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V38
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Texas (McCombs) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink]
smadge37 wrote:
me neither, asianstyles. not that I think I'm necessairly entitled to a big hunk of cash, but I think it's weird that upon acceptance they told us they'd notify us in a couple of weeks and no one on the forum has mentioned hearing anything...

yeah, seems like at least someone on the forum would have received a scholarship if decisions have already went out, so i doubt they have gone out yet.

also, i was suprised that they told us that they would notify us so early. last year, i don't think people were notified until the beginning of feb.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
though actually, just to clarify, they did email me in December about applying for the Forte Fellowship (the scholarship for women) and I sent in my statement for that this weekend with the understanding that they'll be awarding those at the end of January. They specifically said Forte doesn't interfere with your elgibility for any other scholarships though maybe it affects the timing of the award. i.e. they're going to wait to see if you're awarded the Forte Fellowship before they give you anything else.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
Did any of you guys do the Texas MBA Day program that they offer? What's included in the day, and do you think it's a much better option than a regular day class visit?

I'm trying to weigh the options for visiting. I could only get into the MBA Day on Jan 29th when I registered a little before the holidays. I'm praying I will get an interview invite soon, and if I do, I'd like to visit and do the interview on campus. But schedule-wise it would work better for me to visit earlier, which would limit me to a class visit.
Manager
Manager
Schools:McCombs School of Business
Send PM
swank6 wrote:
Did any of you guys do the Texas MBA Day program that they offer? What's included in the day, and do you think it's a much better option than a regular day class visit?

I did the Texas MBA Day back in the fall and would say it's MUCH better than a regular class visit. They sat all of us (about 70 people) in a big room and then had multiple speakers come in and talk and answer questions. You get to hear from the dean, professors, career service office, admissions office, and 1st and 2nd yr students. They provided lunch and took us on a campus tour led by a 2nd yr. For me, I came away from it with a better understanding of McCombs and as a result became much more excited about the program. You also get to meet a lot of other applicants which is fun. (I am comparing my expereince at the Texas MBA Day with 3 class visits/campus tours at other schools.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Energy, Finance
Schools:Texas, Rice, Mays
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Does anyone know the class hours M-F?
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
I don't know if I did the "Texas MBA Day," but I interviewed in the morning, then a whole group of us met for lunch, did a tour, and then there was an info session. I enjoyed lunch a lot because it was a great opportunity to speak to current students (and there were def a lot there), but to be honest the info session was almost identical to the information session I went to in New York. If you've already done a Texas event where you live, I would skip the info session and go to a class. If you haven't seen their slideshow yet, then the info session is probably worth while.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship/Finance
Schools:McCombs Class of 2012
 Q42  V48
Send PM
elcapitan wrote:
Does anyone know the class hours M-F?

I was looking at the Spring 2010 course schedule over the break. Generally, it looks like most classes meet two days a week (MW or TTh) between 8am - 5pm. Here's the GREAT news, most classes only meet Mon-Thurs! There were a few classes that meet after 5pm or on Fri, but it looks like these usually meet only one day a week for 3 hours.

To see the class listings log into UT Direct with your EID at https://utdirect.utexas.edu/utdirect/index.WBX then search for "course schedule".

Also, course descriptions and syllabuses can be found at https://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/students/ ... ourses.asp
Manager
Manager
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
I just realized I accidentally posted my MBA Day question here instead of the applicant thread. Thanks for the feedback, guys. I did go to an MBA Fair where Texas was in attendance, and I spoke with an adcom rep, but I haven't seen a full info presentation.
Manager
Manager
Schools:McCombs School of Business
Send PM
Has anyone received the admitted student package or heard about scholarhips yet?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance: Investment Management
Schools:MIT Sloan Class of 2012
 Q44  V41
Send PM
I received a letter only and a package to my parents telling them about a dorm at UT... Too bad i've been out of the house for 10 years now. I sent an email to The admissions office asking about scholarships but haven't heard anything.

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
USMCCommO wrote:
I received a letter only and a package to my parents telling them about a dorm at UT... Too bad i've been out of the house for 10 years now. I sent an email to The admissions office asking about scholarships but haven't heard anything.

Are you saying you are too old for dorms? If I went to McCombs I'd definitely try to hit up Jester or Moorehill, making napping between classes much easier ;)
Current Student
Concentration: Finance: Investment Management
Schools:MIT Sloan Class of 2012
 Q44  V41
Send PM
Not necessarily too old... but the wife and dog might not appreciate it.

I just found it amusing to receive a letter that said: "To the parents or guardian of USMCCOMMO"
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
on a more serious note. I would try to inquiry about the graduate student housing. My SO had graduate housing (apartment) on 6th street across from the green belt with very cheap rent. It's quiet and safe, albeit, a bit old and run down.
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V38
Send PM
USMCCommO wrote:

Posted from my mobile device

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about scholarships either. Seems like no one else on this board has heard yet.
goose wrote:
Has anyone received the admitted student package or heard about scholarhips yet?

I think the admitted student packages are being sent out this week. Don't remember where I read that, but I thought I saw that somewhere.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Can anyone familiar with Austin tell me a bit about areas that have good schools...now that I am in, I can start worrying about my two middle-schoolers (not your typical dilemma:)). Any input appreciated!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship/Finance
Schools:McCombs Class of 2012
 Q42  V48
Send PM
goose wrote:

I received the admitted student package yesterday, it was postmarked 1/8. Nothing about scholarships yet.
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V38
Send PM
texasorbust wrote:
goose wrote:

I received the admitted student package yesterday, it was postmarked 1/8. Nothing about scholarships yet.

is the admitted package cool? what all is in it? just a bunch of brochures?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5