Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [540]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [3]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: MBA Rankings: All 2024 Rankings [#permalink]
Wow! This looks so colorful. A bit clumsy yes, but informative nonetheless. ;) What took me by surprise, and is a strikingly noticeable, is the consistency of Haas over these years! :-o

Thanks for compiling this bb :-)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
DigitsnLetters wrote:
Wow! This looks so colorful. A bit clumsy yes, but informative nonetheless. ;) What took me by surprise, and is a strikingly noticeable, is the consistency of Haas over these years! :-o

Thanks for compiling this bb :-)

All credit goes to Vyshak
If you have any suggestions to improve, we are all ears :-)

PS. All the colors are the appropriate school colors that match accordingly. So it is not just colorful for the heck of it.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
bb wrote:
All credit goes to Vyshak

Good job Vyshak :thumbup: :-)

bb wrote:
If you have any suggestions to improve, we are all ears :-)

Maybe using a lighter background color will make it look less cluttered? :?

bb wrote:
PS. All the colors are the appropriate school colors that match accordingly. So it is not just colorful for the heck of it.

How on earth did I miss that? :roll:

Another observation: The top half of the image looks so calm, which shows the top B-schools are more or less consistent, whereas, the bottom half is all turbulence and shows the heavy variations in the consistency of the schools in that range.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
DigitsnLetters wrote:

Another observation: The top half of the image looks so calm, which shows the top B-schools are more or less consistent, whereas, the bottom half is all turbulence and shows the heavy variations in the consistency of the schools in that range.

Yes, it is a fight to the death below top 20 in the chart - a dog-eat-dog world whereas it is a peace and calm above the 20 marker. Feels almost like a social divider. huh. never looked at it that way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
The more I see different ranking lists with wild fluctuations in some schools' positioning, the more I realize that you cannot live and die by a school rank. Just as the school needs to look at more than just your GMAT score when deciding whether or not to consider taking you in, you as an applicant have got to look at the total package and not just the position on a list. I mean, how can a school be in the top 3 on one list and not even crack the top 20 on another? And some of these lists are US-centric besides, which doesn't help much if you're looking at UK/European schools as well. That said, this post is definitely helpful. Thanks for posting!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
nhanhieulogo wrote:
Just as the school needs to look at more than just your GMAT score when deciding whether or not to consider taking you in, you as an applicant have got to look at the total package and not just the position on a list.

I second that! very good point :thumbup:
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing MBA programs is specializations. Students have the opportunity to either pursue a general management program or complete a specialization as part of the MBA program. Specializations are a matter of choice and all students receive the same MBA education regardless of whether or not they complete a specialization. Students should consider their career goals and professional development in settling on a specialization. While new fields are arising, most schools have several standard specializations. Look at notable programs with lists of specializations that interest you. Most universities will include a list of their MBA specializations, or concentrations, on their websites.
You can visit this page to learn more about specializations: https://aringo.com/mba-specializations/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Narenn this is awesome. So informative and interactive, great job. Do you know anywhere I could find the YOY source data? So that I could track a specific metric (i.e. GMAT scores or Acceptances rate) over time?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
andrewzeiser wrote:
Narenn this is awesome. So informative and interactive, great job. Do you know anywhere I could find the YOY source data? So that I could track a specific metric (i.e. GMAT scores or Acceptances rate) over time?

We presently don't have any such comparison but it's a great idea. We will certainly try to make such comparison sheet in coming weeks. Thank you for the suggestion.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMAT Club,

We have revamped this topic: Separating stats from rankings, adding links of Part time, EMBA, Online, and international rankings. Introduced some cool new rankings such as Best European/Asian business schools, or MBA programs with highest ROI, etc.

Tell us what you feel about the new structure, anything we can include in the comparison, etc.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Here's my MBA ranking :grin: :

1) Harvard
2) Stanford
3) Wharton
4) Booth
5) Sloan
6) Columbia
7) Kellogg
8) Haas
9) Tuck
10) Yale

What do you think?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Juli06 wrote:

1) Harvard
2) Stanford
3) Wharton
4) Booth
5) Sloan
6) Columbia
7) Kellogg
8) Haas
9) Tuck
10) Yale

What do you think?

Yale in top 10 is a "variable" thing. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-rankings ... ml#p770991 - history of the top 50. You can see that Stern has been in Top 10 longer than Yale, until a stupid data error that US News punished them. Doh. Yale SOM gets a lot of publicity because of Yale, not SOM, but it still is more recognizable than Stern, so unlikely to get renamed into anything but Yale SOM.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
bb wrote:
Juli06 wrote:

1) Harvard
2) Stanford
3) Wharton
4) Booth
5) Sloan
6) Columbia
7) Kellogg
8) Haas
9) Tuck
10) Yale

What do you think?

Do we have some rankings for schools that offer 1 year MPA/MPP program?

Yale in top 10 is a "variable" thing. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-rankings ... ml#p770991 - history of the top 50. You can see that Stern has been in Top 10 longer than Yale, until a stupid data error that US News punished them. Doh. Yale SOM gets a lot of publicity because of Yale, not SOM, but it still is more recognizable than Stern, so unlikely to get renamed into anything but Yale SOM.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
Juli06 wrote:

1) Harvard
2) Stanford
3) Wharton
4) Booth
5) Sloan
6) Columbia
7) Kellogg
8) Haas
9) Tuck
10) Yale

What do you think?

Do we have rankings of schools that provide MPA/MPP course?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
singh8891 wrote:

US News does release MPP rankings, but if you are looking for rankings of MBA/MPP dual degree programs then I don't think US News or Businessweek release these rankings. I found this list of top concurrent MBA degree programs though.. https://www.ivyadmissionsgroup.com/blog ... mba-degree
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
singh8891 wrote:

US News does release MPP rankings, but if you are looking for rankings of MBA/MPP dual degree programs then I don't think US News or Businessweek release these rankings. I found this list of top concurrent MBA degree programs though.. https://www.ivyadmissionsgroup.com/blog ... mba-degree

Thanks for the reply. DO you have any stats on the placements after MPP/MPA course (not for the dual degree)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Is there also a list for european schools?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
deepmind92 wrote:
Is there also a list for european schools?

European schools that offer MBA or MPP programs?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
singh8891 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
singh8891 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. DO you have any stats on the placements after MPP/MPA course (not for the dual degree)?

I don't know if consolidated placement stats of MPA/MPP programs posted anywhere but you can easily get them on the websites of respective schools. e.g. Here are placements stats of Goldman https://gspp.berkeley.edu/career-servic ... statistics
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13