It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 12:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 878 [1], given: 53

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 03:43
This post received
KUDOS
Lucy Phuong wrote:
Hi expert bb, could you please give some advices on what next steps should be taken..

For the past 1 month, I have taken 5 tests (2 from GMAT Prep and 3 from MCAT), and I could see some clear differences between CATs of these 2 providers.
Regarding Verbal, I got 1 same and 1 higher score in MCATs as/than in GMAT Prep. This surprised me, because in GMAT Prep CAT, I countered some Verbal questions that are similar to ones I had attempted in GMAT Club, while I nearly never ever faced with any Verbal questions in MCATs before.
When it comes to Quant, I'm really shocked when my scores in MCATs are much lower than those in GMAT Prep. I got Q50 in both GMAT Prep CATs, but only Q47 and Q45 in MCAT. In the 2nd GMAT Prep CAT, I even had approximately 15 minutes remained.

What are proper conclusion(s) should I draw from the above data?
Are those Verbal scores of MCAT reliable? Or just because MCAT Verbal might be a little bit easier?
I used to hear about the difficulty level of MCAT Quant before but didn't expect that much. Do you think that gap in Quant scores really matters?

I have 1 month left until the real exam. What should I do now?

Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

MGMAT quant questions are much harder than GMATPrep quant questions. You should expect Q50 in the real test.

About the difference in your Verbal, you can't conclude that MGMAT verbal questions are easier than GMATPrep Verbal questions. In fact, there are many factors that effect your score, and the difficult level of questions is just one of these factors. However, MGMAT and GMATPrep are two best tools to estimate score at the moment. Hence, based on your score on MGMAT, you should expect a overall score with +/-30 in the real test.

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 878 [1], given: 53

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 106

GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 04:37
nguyendinhtuong wrote:

MGMAT quant questions are much harder than GMATPrep quant questions. You should expect Q50 in the real test.

About the difference in your Verbal, you can't conclude that MGMAT verbal questions are easier than GMATPrep Verbal questions. In fact, there are many factors that effect your score, and the difficult level of questions is just one of these factors. However, MGMAT and GMATPrep are two best tools to estimate score at the moment. Hence, based on your score on MGMAT, you should expect a overall score with +/-30 in the real test.

Thank you for your sharing. :)

+1 kudos to you

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 106

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2017, 10:18
Can someone who has tried out both MGMAT tests and GMAT club tests recommend the better pick out of the two?

Sent from my SM-G900F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

WE: Engineering (Transportation)
All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 05:12
Hi,

Took my first Veritas CAT today and scored a 630 Q40V30.

This is my first CAT and took it after brushing up fundamentals in GMAT club grammar book and math book. This is the first time I opened a book after 7.5 years to read something.

I also tried some timed questions in forum and answered awfully, before taking the test. I am now unsure of whether this score is a decent indicator, since I expected a very bad score. I intend to plan my study schedule and I am confused whether I should consider this result as the platform to identify my strengths and weaknesses. Experts, pl help.

Director
Director
D

Kudos [?]: 420 [0], given: 111

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 05:45
ss3617 wrote:
Hi,

Took my first Veritas CAT today and scored a 630 Q40V30.

This is my first CAT and took it after brushing up fundamentals in GMAT club grammar book and math book. This is the first time I opened a book after 7.5 years to read something.

I also tried some timed questions in forum and answered awfully, before taking the test. I am now unsure of whether this score is a decent indicator, since I expected a very bad score. I intend to plan my study schedule and I am confused whether I should consider this result as the platform to identify my strengths and weaknesses. Experts, pl help.

Hi ss3617,

A 630 in first CAT is pretty strong. I would suggest brush up formulas and some concepts and take GMATPrep CAT. The score that you see on GMATPrep can be relied MORE than other CATs. Invest some hours reviewing this CAT and every other subsequent CAT to know your weakness, which is not only about WHAT you did not know but also about HOW/WHAT/WHY you got a question wrong or right OR spent ton of time.

Here are official CATs available:
1. GMATPrep (CAT-1 & 2) - Free (download from mba.com
2. ExamPack-1 (CAT-3 & 4)
3. ExamPack-2 (CAT-5 & 6)
4. Question Pack-1 (this is set of 400+ easy-medium-high difficulty level questions). You can choose 37/41 questions and attempt them in timely manner but you will not get any score.

Do every official GMAC question available out there. Specially in VERBAL. You need to learn more the way a question is PREPARED/TESTED/CONCEPT-DISGUISED than too many concepts.

Apart from official material MGMAT questions are pretty good.

In Quant - If you can do (means learn from) ALL the GMATClub quizzes/CATs then you're done.

When you start getting consistent scores that are near to your target score then you're all prepared for the real test.

Plan the Official CATs throughout your preparation. do not take them one after another.
1. revise a CAT
2. revise concept & error log
3. take another CAT and repeat 1 & 2.
4. take official CAT
5. repeat 1-4.

Please post if you have any followup questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Kudos [?]: 420 [0], given: 111

Intern
Intern
B

WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 09:50
HKD1710 wrote:
1. revise a CAT
4. take official CAT
5. repeat 1-4.

Thanks for the info. Thats a lot of insight.
Only one doubt. I have the OG18, quant and verbal review and the question bank associated with it. Are these the same which you get in Question pack-1?

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
D

Kudos [?]: 420 [1], given: 111

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 10:02
This post received
KUDOS
ss3617 wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
1. revise a CAT
4. take official CAT
5. repeat 1-4.

Thanks for the info mate. Thats a lot of insight.
Only one doubt. I have the OG18, quant and verbal review and the question bank associated with it. Are these the same which you get in Question pack-1?

No. It is a set of 404 questions (200 Quantitative, 180 Verbal, and 24 Integrated Reasoning) that you can buy for $30 here - https://www.mba.com/india/store/store-catalog/gmat-preparation/gmatprep-question-pack-1.aspx

You can make sets of questions presented in OG2018 and review guides as well. Make use of Wiley online access :)

P.S.: Make a study plan and divide the study material to be read/practised/CAT accordingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Kudos [?]: 420 [1], given: 111

All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)   [#permalink] 17 Sep 2017, 10:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 27 posts ] 

All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap