GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 20:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

EMPOWERgmat is giving away the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Nov. 17, 7 AM PST. Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.

All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2018, 13:30
My test is this Saturday. My practice scores have been through Manhattan GMAT: 620, 680, 690, and finally 700. I've now switched to the two free GMAC tests for this final week of prep and scored 730 on the 1st. I hope you're correct on the GMAC being close to reality! I've been targeting 700 and landing on 730 really blew my mind.

I found the GMAC questions to be more straightforward and less "gotcha"-esque than as seen on Manhattan.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 10:40
bb, is gmat club test still free for users with 25 kudus?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 10:53
Yes. Please look at the FAQ in the tests - subscription section for details and how to.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

UBC Sauder Thread Master
B
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V35
GPA: 3.33
WE: Account Management (Advertising and PR)

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 04:15
Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but between the MGMAT and Veritas tests, are the latter supposed to be harder? I picked up the MGMAT 6-pack a while back and consistently scored a 640 average, same with GMAT Exams 3 and 4.

I just took the free Veritas test and got a 600 (Q40 V33), lower than my MGMAT/GMAT practice test average, but slightly higher than my first crack at the actual GMAT (580 - Q39 V31). Veritas seems to be downplaying the difficulty of their questions (e.g. a 650-700 question feels more like a 700+), but that might just be me. I am aware that their scoring tends to be harsher but wasn't expecting a big difference - perhaps the tests are more useful in identifying problem areas.

That being said the main reason I looked into Veritas in the first place is price. I'm hesitant to buy GMAT #5 and 6 because of value for money (2 for $50) compared to the Veritas tests (6 for $50)...but at the same time scoring accuracy is a priority for me. Should I just bite the bullet and pick up the other two remaining GMAT tests?
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 19:22
Hi Experts,

1. I got a 690 (Q48 V35) last week after a 3 month preparation based on Manhattan guides.
      2. I feel confident about getting a Q50. My aim for verbal is to improve the score to V37.
        3. With that in mind, I am planning to enroll for the eGMAT Verbal course.

However, I have exhausted all 6 official GMAT Prep mocks and I've also given 1 Veritas and 1 Manhattan mock. With the eGMAT course, I would receive access to the GMATClub tests.

Can you confirm if -

A. The GMAT Club mocks are an accurate predictor of the Verbal scores
            B. If they are not, then is there a range of points that I need to +/- for the actual GMAT test?
            Founder
            Founder
            V

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 19:24
            nikulkarni wrote:
            Hi Experts,

1. I got a 690 (Q48 V35) last week after a 3 month preparation based on Manhattan guides.
                2. I feel confident about getting a Q50. My aim for verbal is to improve the score to V37.
                  3. With that in mind, I am planning to enroll for the eGMAT Verbal course.

However, I have exhausted all 6 official GMAT Prep mocks and I've also given 1 Veritas and 1 Manhattan mock. With the eGMAT course, I would receive access to the GMATClub tests.

Can you confirm if -

A. The GMAT Club mocks are an accurate predictor of the Verbal scores
                      B. If they are not, then is there a range of points that I need to +/- for the actual GMAT test?

Accuracy depends on 2 things:
                      1. Official vs. unofficial questions (only GMAT Prep has official questions)
                      2. Database size

I would highly recommend that you only base your Verbal expectations on the official GMAT prep scores.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
                      Intern
                      CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 19:38
                      Thank you for the prompt response.

Unfortunately, I have already exhausted all 6 of the official GMAT Prep mock tests. My scores in the verbal section have been V29, V32, V39, V35, V36, V35.

However, I am planning to further improve on that score in the next month and I was only considering using GMAT Club mocks to measure the performance. Hence, my question on the accuracy of predicting the verbal score.

If there is no easy way to predict where I stand with respect to the actual GMAT, at the very least, I should probably see an improvements in my mocks as I approach my retest date.
                      Senior Manager
                      Senior Manager
                      G
                      Concentration: Finance
                      GPA: 2.77
                      WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 11:35
                      Thank you so much for this post i have purchased the Manhattan mocks, I've heard the mocks are more difficult than the actual GMAT is that true

Hit the the kudos button if you like the post

Thanks

Founder
                      Founder
                      V

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 11:37
                      saviofernanz wrote:
                      Thank you so much for this post i have purchased the Manhattan mocks, I've heard the mocks are more difficult than the actual GMAT is that true

I have seen some people mentioned that they found MGMAT Quant questions to be somewhat more difficult than the actual GMAT and the score to be deflated somewhat. That's purely anecdotal.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
                      Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 11:50
                      Thank you BB for this perfect post!

5 months ago I took a GMATPrep exam and got 530. I studied hard for the last month and 1 week ago I took another and got 640. Then I used my friend's account as she gave up GMAT (good for her :grin: ) and I took exams and got 660 and 640 (some questions were repetitive). Today I took Economist Test and got 740!! (some questions were repetitive in the verbal section).
                      Do you have any idea what my real mark will be? I am going to participate in GMAT in 3 days.
                      I will really appreciate if you answer me rapidly.

Thank you again.
                      GMAT Club Bot
                      Re: All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid) &nbs [#permalink] 14 Oct 2018, 11:50

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 50 posts ] 

All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap