Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '24
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Practice Tests - [Overview GMAT Focus Tests] [#permalink]
Hi, I am just starting my preparation. I wanted to take a free mock test and understand where I stand. Can you please suggest a mock which will give me a decent idea? I have been told, I should keep the official mocks for when I am done with concepts, so which other test can be taken?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sakshiagarwal311,

There are SIX Official GMAC CATs (and they are arguably the most realistic practice CATs available), so you should not be concerned about 'spending' one of those CATs at the beginning of your studies. That initial Score is especially important to defining your natural strengths and weaknesses - and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study - so we need an accurate assessment of your skills to make sure that you are working through an appropriate Study Plan. To that end, you should make sure to take the FULL CAT (which will take about 3.5 hours to complete), so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have your Score, you should start a new thread and post your results. We can then discuss the data and come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals. In that new thread, it would help if you could provide some additional information about your timeline and goals:

1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
Its been 5 months i have been preparing at a slow pace. I was working so along with it i took the offline princeton classrom due to the approachability and in person interactions with faculty. Also, i have not taken any dat so i knew at the back of my mind i have to get a gist of waht all it is about and how much effort is required.

After 3- 4 months classes and fisnoshing the syllabus along with some homework has brought me to the level of 600. Whenever i used to give princeton tests i was always worried that i may be doing an easy test my scores would not reflect my exact postion.
I had problem of basics so only i started at my own pace getting from 500 to 630 in princeton tests by improving understanding part mostly on verbal.
The tests acc to.me were of descent level unless one knows one can easilty score 730 in princeton.

Now i have started revising things but still i know i can do much better i have to study hard so i checked my performance on free mgmat test and i scored today 580 Q42 V 27.
Now i really feel how to.improve on 130- 140 scores.
And to be true i am sometimes not getting enough motivation from within to actually study hard , i know i can do it but sometimes doong office work makes me feel good and i like spending hours there looking for new ways for the work to be done.
So the main thing is sometimes not only tests institute but also your motivation factor behind the real hard work. It taken immense pressure to make your brain understand these things.
Might be in my case it is so.
Any one if can make me understand what can i do?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Letsgo2021,

To start, you would likely receive more of a response if you start a new post/thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one). In that post, it would help if also provided a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far besides the course that you mentioned?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 135
Send PM
Has anyone tried to give the Economist Practice test recently.?
I registered on their website but cannot see any free practice test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi bb, How many questions will be there in each Gmatclub CAT for both Quant and verbal ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Kudos
dont trust so much these mocks guys , not even the real ones... the real tests is much harder than anything!!! and get used to the interface of test, is very difficult to get used to it!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 488 [0]
Given Kudos: 252
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41 (Online)
WE:Business Development (Venture Capital)
Send PM
bb, How about the old offline official mock tests?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 628
Send PM
Hi bb,

Can you please share the link of "GMAT Prep Quant" under the topic "2 GMATPrep Online Tests by GMAC - Most Accurate"? Somehow, that url is missing in this post.
Also, I tried finding that using the search tool in the site, but I'm not able to find the exact "GMAT Prep Quant" questions or locate that url.
TIA.

Regards,
Ravish.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
I did and it was horrible

Quote:

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
plaverbach wrote:

Quote:

The Economist Course has changed completely and they no longer offer a free test or any tests actually besides the official. All material questions, and tests have been updated.
I will remove the link to the free practice test.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Hello all,
I am planning to take my GMAT on 25th March 2021. I have been studying on and off for the last year and seriously started preparation in January. Following are my CAT result:
GMAT PREP 1 (31 JAN) : 710 ->Q49, V in 30s
Veritas free test (7 FEB ) : 640 -> don't remember
MGMAT 1 (14 FEB) : 680 ->Q47, V36
MGMAT 2 (6 MAR) : 660 ->Q44, V36
MGMAT 3 (7 MAR) : 620 ->Q40, V35

I gave last two CATs simultaneously as I wanted to cover up for the missed one in last feb week. I have 3 more MGMAT and 1 Free GMATPREP left to give before 25th. I am concerned about why my scores are dipping. How should I assess my preparation level and how to check whether the scores will align with my actual test score. Also, I feel if Quant is getting tougher and tougher as I proceed in MGMAT CATs. In last test, I was at Q45 till 21st question and I was short on time with 7~8 minutes left for remaining questions. Any timing strategy regarding Quant section will help. Thank you guys in advance. I will really appreciate any help
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Here it is:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmat-pre ... 08725.html and I have added the link.

ravish844 wrote:
Hi bb,

Can you please share the link of "GMAT Prep Quant" under the topic "2 GMATPrep Online Tests by GMAC - Most Accurate"? Somehow, that url is missing in this post.
Also, I tried finding that using the search tool in the site, but I'm not able to find the exact "GMAT Prep Quant" questions or locate that url.
TIA.

Regards,
Ravish.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 628
Send PM
bb wrote:
Here it is:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmat-pre ... 08725.html and I have added the link.

ravish844 wrote:
Hi bb,

TIA.

Regards,
Ravish.

bb,
Thank you so much!!!

Hi Bunuel,
Do we have this in a pdf format like we have the one each for the SC, CR and RC? (Or at least the links of the Quant questions of GMAT-Prep are available in a downloadable pdf / excel).

Again, I searched within the site, I'm not able to find any such pdf/excel.
TIA.

Regards,
Ravish.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
bb wrote:
plaverbach wrote:

Quote:

The Economist Course has changed completely and they no longer offer a free test or any tests actually besides the official. All material questions, and tests have been updated.
I will remove the link to the free practice test.

Yes, the one I did was made by the economist and offered by oxford (?)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 195
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: IIMA PGPX'22
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
bb wrote:

Overview of All Available GMAT Practice Tests

Remember that it is a good idea to take a practice test to establish a baseline - most of these will do for that purpose. However, it is not a good idea to take full length tests until you have mastered the concepts you have been tested on.

Best GMAT Practice Tests:

2 GMATPrep Online Tests by GMAC - Most Accurate
Free Tests: Yes – 2
- The question bank includes over 1,500 questions and thus the CATs can be taken multiple times with minimal overlap. Many have reported retaking it 2 and 3 times with a sufficient number of new non-repeating questions). - If you have already exhausted the 2 CAT’s, you can find a collection of all included questions here: GMAT Prep Quant and GMAT Prep SC, GMAT Prep CR, and GMAT Prep RC

Additional Exams (Tests 3&4 as well as Tests 5&6) can be purchased for $50 from GMAC (or for $36 from GMAT Club, with Premium MBA Bundle)
Bottom Line: Practice tests distributed by the GMAC, the administrator of the GMAT. GMAT Prep is the only test that contains real GMAT Questions and is undoubtedly the best predictor of the final GMAT Score. This product is extremely valuable at the end of preparation and many believe should not be "wasted" on pre-prep analysis or for diagnostic purposes.
Online Access Link: https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep#/home

GMAT Club Free CATs
Free Tests: Yes – 2 CAT’s. Previously these were static simulation tests; however we have upgraded our free tests to a CAT format about a year ago.
Price: $79 for a 3-month subscription to a 1,600 question bank with 30+ CATs (26 Quant and 7 Verbal)
You can redeem them for free with Kudos or with rewards points
Bottom Line: Our in-house tests developed to challenge anyone and bring out the best in the 700+ seekers. Hardest questions on the market; created by bb, Bunuel, and other prominent Moderators.
GMAT Club Member Comments: “Excellent tool for improving your Quant to the top level. As the name implies these tests were designed to challenge you. With some effort from your side they help you learn how to solve tough Quant questions."
Link: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/

Manhattan Prep GMAT CATs
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Test
Price:
$49 for 5 Additional CAT’s
Free if you purchase a full set of the MGMAT Guides
Free if you buy a MGMAT Course.
Bottom Line: Very strong and quite accurate set of 6 CAT’s with good adaptive algorithm and quality questions. Note that many members have reported MGMAT quant to be harder than the real thing, thus many recommend adding a few points to your Quant score
GMAT Club Member Comments: “In general, the results on real GMAT are in +/- 40 point range compared to MGMAT. Very good tool for personal evaluation, which helps to find week spots in your knowledge. Highly recommended if you want to check on your preparation progress."
Free Tests Link: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/free ... tice-test/

Veritas Prep GMAT CATs
Free Tests: Yes - online free test
Price:
1 free test or
Buy 7 tests for $49 (often on sale for less) or
Get 7 CAT’s free if you have a Premium MBA Bundle
Insider Trick: you can get 2 CATs free if you opt for a special offer during registration on GMAT Club (must register a new account to use this offer)
Veritas Prep also has a free GMAT Question Bank, which includes hundreds of realistic, completely free GMAT questions, a personal account to track your progress and review your past results, and detailed solutions for each question and a breakdown of how other students have answered each question.
Bottom Line: Veritas Prep has overhauled their CATs about a year ago and invested substantial effort into making the scoring as close as possible to the official GMAT. You will find a great interface and quality questions here.
Link: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/gmat-practice-test/

e-GMAT SIGma-X Mock Tests
Which CAT's in addition to GMAT Prep, do you recommend?
GMAT Club
e-GMAT (new)
Economist
Magoosh (new)
Veritas Prep
MGMAT
Kaplan
Experts’ Global
Princeton Review

Free Tests: Yes - online free test. To take the test, sign up for a free 7-day trial that comes with a test and a number of video lessons. No payment or credit card is required. Your free trial will last for 7 days and will provide access to 5% of the course.
Bottom Line: brand new product but promises very accurate scoring backed up by research. Adaptive tests
Price: You cannot purchase tests separately, only as a part of the course, but the free trial offers access to one free Test.
Link: https://e-gmat.com/sigma-x/

Kaplan GMAT CAT
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Kaplan Test - you have a choice of self-paced or with a proctor
Price: $30 for 6 full-length practice tests Online if you purchase a Kaplan Premier book
Bottom Line: Good Value if purchased with a book – you can use both supplement your prep. In the past, the Kaplan tests used to grade much harsher, often resulting into 50-100 point with the official test. Several years ago they have updated the tests and the scoring algorithm to match the scores closer to real GMAT. Up to 9 tests are available with purchase of prep courses.
GMAT Club Member Comments: "Good tricks and though questions in both Math and Verbal. Kaplan CATs will force you to think in the right direction.”
Link: https://www.kaptest.com/gmat/gmat-practi ... tner-pages

Math Revolution Diagnostic Test
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Quant Test
Price: Free
Bottom Line: Helpful quant-only diagnostic test
Link: https://goo.gl/kn4n2r

Target Test Prep Diagnostic Test
Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Quant Test
Price: Free
Bottom Line: Realistic Quant diagnostic test - 62 minutes, 31 questions
Link: https://gmat.targettestprep.com/free_diagnostic/new

Experts' Global 15 Tests
Free Tests: 1 Free
Price: $50 for 15 Tests (great deal!) with AWA/IR and section order, simulated tests (CAT behavior is simulated)
Bottom Line: 15 non-adaptive tests with section order choice, questions carry resemblance to official questions - what's not to like?
Extensive analytics and a helpful ability to resume the test if you left it unattended
Includes Youtube video explanations for each question (this is pretty unique to this product)
Big value as it includes 15 IR Tests - that's hard to find, plus AWA help. Link: https://www.expertsglobal.com/gmat-practice-tests

TIER 2 TESTS:

These are not verified to work or provide accurate scores. You are welcome to use them at your own decision - this is a listing only and not an endorsement.

bb can you tell me how frequently one should keep taking mocks during his preparations?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 239
Send PM
Hello everyone

I just took the GMAT Club free Quant test 1.

Of the 31 questions, I got 13 correct and 18 incorrect.

The post test evaluation says my score is 19 out of 51 ---> 6 percentile. Can someone please tell me what this percentile and score means? And how i would compare to the rest of the test takers? Is this a decent score or not so good?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6