GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 10 Apr 2020, 02:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

American at ESMT...Is it Worth it? Will it work?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
American at ESMT...Is it Worth it? Will it work?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2015, 08:42
I'm debating applying to ESMT for the MBA program but would appreciate some feedback from Alumni, Current students, and faculty or anyone willing to share their international MBA experience.

I'm currently living and working in New York and feel like applying to an international program would not only be a great way to learn about the international economy but would also allow me to hi tail it out of the states!!

I'm considering Cambridge, LBS, Mannheim in addition to ESMT as I'm very much interested in technology management, business design and technology startups and Berlin would be a great place to immerse myself in these fields. I'm also keen on continuing to learn German.

What I'm worried about are the rankings that I've been seeing regarding the program, and some of the reviews on this site. Though I've found quite a bit of good press regarding the program, I'd still like to get a better understanding of the alumni employment and starting salary history. ESMT's rankings and salaries are a bit low considering those of graduates of schools stateside, though I'd be willing to take a starting salary pay cut in exchange for an awesome career in Europe in Berlin, or London, or Paris...

I'm also concerned about the cost of living as an international student. Would I be eligible for jobs as an international student?

Also, what would be my outlook for immediate placement after graduation? I feel like starting work immediately overseas would be the best way bolster the viability of my degree knowing that should I return to the states I would have to compete with the Dardens, Whartons, Fuquas and Haases etc...

The program sounds really exciting and seems to be gaining a lot of steam but there's still a lot to weigh and I'd appreciate any feedback.

Best regards,

J
GMAT Club Bot
American at ESMT...Is it Worth it? Will it work?   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2015, 08:42

American at ESMT...Is it Worth it? Will it work?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: JMMadison, XyLan