SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Nov 15 2019 [#permalink] Anderson, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 15 2019

""My interviewer was a second-year student, and right at the start, he told me that this was going to be a friendly conversation more than an interview and that he will ask a basic set of questions. He said he would take 15-20 minutes to ask his set of questions and then let me ask any questions I may have (unfortunately, we started a few minutes late because of some technical snag). Questions: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA and why now? 3. What if your intended post-MBA plan doesn't work out? 4. Why Anderson? 5. How will you contribute to the Anderson community? And that's about it! After this, we spoke for about 10 minutes, and I asked him about his motivation to pursue an MBA, his experience at Anderson, and his life in LA. It was quite a free-flowing conversation, and it helped that he had a similar professional background and goals as me. We spoke for about 30 minutes in total. The interviewer was warm and friendly, and he was diligently taking notes as I responded to his questions. I was surprised by how brief the interview was, and the fact that there were no behavioral questions, but overall, it was a pleasant experience! I hope this helps, and best of luck to everyone!""

variantguy from India GMAT 750; WE: 76 months; Computer Software
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 15 2019 [#permalink] Anderson, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 15 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I just had an interview over Skype for a Full-time MBA at UCLA Anderson. Interviewer was a second year student at Anderson and he was very friendly. His cool attitude really calmed my nerves which I had prior to the interview. The interview itself was exactly 30 minutes (~22 min questions for me and then ~8 min for asking questions from him). Whole interview was very conversational and my interviewer was trying to make it conversational as well but I believe I answered too long on some questions. Questions: 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why MBA and why now? I had to bring in my career goals first and then I answered on why MBA part 3. Why Anderson? 4. Plan B in case if I end up my not getting my short-term goal? 5. How will you participate and contribute to the Anderson Community? 6. What would your manager say on about some good and bad things about you? 7. Do you have any questions for me? As I said he was very friendly and smiled mostly, trying to help me get in ease all the time. He made a few comments here and there, and took notes when I was answering questions. He had some great stories about his time at Anderson. All in all a very warm interaction indeed. Good Luck to everyone preparing for the interview. Hope my experience helps!"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 720; WE: 60 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 29 2019 [#permalink] Anderson, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 29 2019 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Hello, I'd like to share my experience during the UCLA Anderson interview I have just had. The interviewer was a second-year student, who talked about his background in the beggining and, after, asked the following questions: 1) Walk me through your resume. 2) Short and long term goals. 3) What is your Plan-B if I you are not able to get into the industry of your choice? 4) How do you see yourself participating in the Anderson Community? 5) You have still 10 minutes. Do you have any questions? General impressions: - The interview was quicker than I thought it would be. I had 10 minutes for my questions, so, I asked three questions; - There were less questions than I was prepared. That's why, again, I asked three questions in the end. - He didn't asked for my ID. Best,"

rcaraujo20 from Brazil GMAT 710; WE: 88 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 07 2019 [#permalink] Anderson, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Jan 23 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Very casual, chill, conversational 30-minute interview. Introduction Interviewer briefed on his/her background, then I briefed on my background. Questions 1. Why MBA 2. Why Anderson 3. Post-MBA career 4. Fall back plan / Plan B 5. What clubs will you join? 6. Tell me about a time when you contribute to your team whether at school or at work Lastly you have about 5 to 10 minutes to ask the interviewer questions. UCLA does offer Skype interviews but i do recommend going there physically if possible. It is nice to see the campus and interact with the students in person."

lingx073 from United States GMAT 750; WE: 48 months; Accounting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 10 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 09 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had my skype interview with a second-year MBA student. The interview was like chatting with a senior from my college. She started by introducing herself and then told me the format she would be following for the complete interview. Major questions were: 1. Tell me about yourself. A follow-up question on my current role. 2. Why Anderson? 3. Post MBA Goals. Plan-B if I'm not able to get into the company of my choice 4. How would I contribute to the Anderson community? 5. What are my strengths and weaknesses that my colleagues would talk about? Follow up question on how I am working on improving one of my weaknesses. 6. A constructive feedback that I received in my job. How did I improve upon it? 7. Any questions for me. The interview was for 30 minutes. I would suggest not to stress out and be prepared on why Anderson is your choice according to your post-MBA goals."

This user wants to stay Private GMAT 740; Internet and New Media

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 12 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 09 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I was interviewed on Friday, at around 10 pm my local time. My Interviewer was very friendly and encouraging, and immediately made me feel at ease. The interview itself was exactly 30 minutes (25 min about me and 5 min her answering my questions) and very straight-forward and conversational. The first thing she asked me was to show my ID, and as I was travelling I didn't have my passport on hand but she said my govt issued ID was sufficient. Questions: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why do you want an MBA 3. Short Term and Long Term Goals 4. Why Anderson 5. How do you see yourself participating in the Anderson Community 6. What would your peers say is your best quality/strength 7. Can you tell me about a time you failed 8. What role do you usually play in a team environment 9. Do you have any questions for me She seemed very friendly; smiled and nodded and made a few comments here and there, and took some notes off camera. All in all, a very warm interaction. Good Luck to everyone preparing for the interview! Hope this helps!"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 750; WE: 43 months; Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 07 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 07 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hey guys! Just had my Skype interview yesterday. It was led by a second year student at Anderson. It was really conversational and the interviewer was super friendly. The total interview was 30 minutes to the clock. The first 25 minutes she asked me questions and the last 5 minutes, I asked her some questions about UCLA. The questions were: 1- Tell me about yourself 2- Why Mba? Why now? Why Anderson? 4- My career goals are in the intersection of Finance & Tech. She asked, if admitted to anderson, which courses I will focus more on ( Tech or Fiannce) 3- Tell me about a time you had to convince someone at work 4- Which role I play working in teams Overall I found the interview to be quite warm and conversational. Good luck everyone!"

HK1605 from Morocco GMAT 700;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 06 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 05 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interview with second year student via Skype, lasted about 40 mins. Forgot my passport and had to send a photo of it after(!) 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Why Anderson and why now? 3. Your goals seem very focused on the emerging markets, why are you applying to a school in America? 4. Have you heard about any facilities in particular at Anderson that you think stand out? 5. What do you plan to do immediately after the MBA? 6. What is your plan B if you do not achieve the role you want upon finishing the MBA? 7. The MBA class is very diverse, how will you handle working in teams of lots of different people? 8. Anything else you think Anderson should know? Questions for the interviewer..."

This user wants to stay Private from United Kingdom GMAT 710; WE: 66 months; Retail Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 04 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 22 2018

"Interviewed via Skype with a 2nd year student. Very conversational, 30 minutes on the clock - last 5 minutes were for my questions. Questions: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Short and long-term goals? (He asked me about the summer internship and what I want to be doing in 10-15 years) 3. Why MBA? Why Anderson? 3. Involvement with UCLA Community - clubs 4. What will I add to my learning team? 5. What feedback would your boss give you? 6. What is something that you still need to develop? He then asked me to elaborate on quantitative experiences and then it was time for my questions."

This user wants to stay Private GMAT 730; Internet and New Media

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 09 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 05 2018 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Had my interview with a second year student on campus - very friendly and easy going - Walk through resume - Short and long term goals after MBA - Plan B - Why MBA and why UCLA - involvement with UCLA community while pursuing MBA - How do you handle conflicts with examples - personality related questions based on experiences mentioned in resume - Questions for the interviewer All-in-all a good friendly conversation! Good luck to everyone!"

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 02 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Nov 07 2017 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hey guys, it's probably a little late but just thought I'd share my interview experience. Interviewer was second-year student, very friendly, created a very relaxed atmosphere. Questions, after her asking me to walk me through my resume, were what you'd expect: 1. Why MBA? 2. Why Anderson? 3. Strengths/weaknesses? 4. Time where you implemented change (this one I was somewhat unprepared for)? 5. Clubs you'd be interested in? 6. Any questions for me? Overall, pretty straightforward, and the casual demeanor of the interviewer really helped with my nervousness. Now just to anxiously await their decision. Good luck to everyone else!"

kayjaysay from United States GMAT 770;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 31 2017 Final Decision: Admitted

"Just had my interview. The process was smooth. The interviewer was very friendly. I was asked the basic questions: -Tell me a little about yourself -Why MBA? -Short-term and long-term goal -Plan B if short-term doesn't work out -My best quality and something that I lack -Clubs that I would like to join -and some behavorial questions! Hope this helps. :)"

MBAClassof2020 from India GMAT 740;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 30 2017 Final Decision: Admitted

"Just had my skype interview. Really conversational, it was 30 mins to the dot. Some questions: -Walk me through your resume -Why MBA? Why now? Why Anderson? -Good and bad things your boss would say about you -What role do you play in a team? -What anderson clubs you want to participate in Last 5 mins were for questions for the interviewer."

KLC from Canada GMAT 740; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 15 2017 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview was a lot of fun and by far the most relaxing out of all interviews I had. I felt that the interviewer was looking for cultural fit more than anything else and a couple of other people who interviewed with UCLA also agreed with me on this aspect. The questions were: 1. Tell me a a bit about yourself. 2. Goals/Why MBA? 3. Question about contributions you can make in class. 4. Question about managing teams. 5. Why Anderson?/What Classes are you interested in? 6. Questions about what do you do in your spare time 7. "If you could rewind this interview what do you want to say?" 8. Questions to the alum. My advice for other prospects who want to interview with UCLA is to find the time to connect with an alum or a current student to help you mock. They will be the best people to help you with the interview."

Mimster from Thailand GMAT 740;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 31 2018 [#permalink] Anderson
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 10 2016 Final Decision: Matriculating

"I have to say that my UCLA Anderson interview was my favorite interview of the five that I had. What was helpful was that my interviewer was of the coolest as well. We hit it off pretty early and were able to bond over a common interest that we were both passionate about. When the interview proper began, I got the usual suspect questions: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. What are your long-term and short-term goals? 3. Why do you want an MBA? 4. What is your greatest achievement? 5. Tell me about a time you dealt with conflict with a co-worker. The rest of the interview was very conversational and the questions essentially flowed from the discussion. I really liked this interview style. There were challenges with the Skype connection so, we first tried without video, then ended up just continuing with a phone call. In total, I would say the interview went on for just shy of 45 minutes. Great interview! Honored to be an Anderson admit."

abduabd GMAT 670; Energy and Utilities

yes
no