GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 02:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Annual Revenue

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2015
Posts: 14
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Annual Revenue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 22:33
If I worked at a private company, where that info was confidential, should I be sharing an estimate with the school? I didn't even have access to that information?

I'm considering writing "conf." (due to character constraints) or "NA".
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2013
Posts: 5
Location: Canada
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 12-28-2013
GPA: 3.95
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Annual Revenue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Jan 2016, 22:57
1
jjg410 wrote:
If I worked at a private company, where that info was confidential, should I be sharing an estimate with the school? I didn't even have access to that information?

I'm considering writing "conf." (due to character constraints) or "NA".


Can't you ask your HR for an estimate? Leaving it blank wouldn't look credible to me if I were a reviewer. You got to show something or explain. Business schools strive to recruit professionals who can navigate unfamiliar situations, as is the world of business.

Originally posted by eudong on 04 Jan 2016, 22:55.
Last edited by eudong on 04 Jan 2016, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2015
Posts: 14
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Annual Revenue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 22:56
eudong wrote:
jjg410 wrote:
If I worked at a private company, where that info was confidential, should I be sharing an estimate with the school? I didn't even have access to that information?

I'm considering writing "conf." (due to character constraints) or "NA".


Can't you ask your HR for an estimate? Leaving it blank wouldn't look credible to me if I were a reviewer. You got to show something or explain. Business schools strive to recruit professionals who can navigate unfamiliar situations, as is the world of business.


I am all but certain this information would not be shared.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2013
Posts: 5
Location: Canada
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 12-28-2013
GPA: 3.95
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Annual Revenue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 23:03
1
jjg410 wrote:
I am all but certain this information would not be shared.


Well, think of it:

How would they know the size of the business you lead? Your goal is to ensure that adcoms understand you have significant responsibilities.

Not mentioning the revenue of the company you are involved with leaves several questions not answered.

I would mention the revenue or find a way around it. You got to be proactive about it.

Never put N/A in it. Not good at all.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2015
Posts: 14
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Re: Annual Revenue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 23:10
Got it. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2015
Posts: 14
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Re: Annual Revenue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 23:22
1
For others' reference. I just searched online and found estimates from various sources and averaged them.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Done with applications.
Affiliations: MBB Consultant
Joined: 10 Jun 2015
Posts: 119
Location: Brazil
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Annual Revenue  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 01:44
1
As a MBB consultant, it is also a confidential and sensible information to be shared.

I did the exact same thing you did, looked online for possible revenues and chose a number in between them. As long as it does not come from the firm itself, I don't see any problem guesstimating a number.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Annual Revenue   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2016, 01:44
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Annual Revenue

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx






cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne