Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
DMJ wrote:
Thank you for a quick answer.

One additional question.
After hi-school, I decided to go to a recently opened, but looking very interesting school. It was International Faculty of Engineering (IFE). My major was Business & Technology. The biggest advantage of the school was that all the classes ware in English. Unfortunately the school did not meet my expectations. The program was changing all the time (i.e. in stead of micro economy there was optical physics) and there was a serious threat of closing the school before I finish it. I was not the only one, who decided to change IFE to a different school. Before the end of the first year of my IFE studies I was admitted to the best b-school in Poland and I knew it would guarantee my future. I did not participate in most of IFE exams, because I was already a admitted to another school, so I am afraid my transcript from IFE looks awful. Do I need to send it, and how could I explain all exams i did not pass in a shorter form than above elaboration.

Regards
DMJ
:-D :-D

Most, if not all, schools require that you submit transcripts from all post-secondary academic work. That means you need to show your transcript form IFE. You will also need to provide the same basic explanation you provided above. Unfortunately, a poor academic record at both schools is not going to help your cause.

With a high GMAT (which is certainly better than a low GMAT) you will look like the classic academic underachiever. If you can take some classes now and earn A's in them, it will help you. If such courses are not offered in Poland, consider taking online classes through university extension programs like UCLA, NYU, or University of Maryland. You want to provide a least some evidence that you know how to appply yourself in an academic environment. Hopefully the GMAT will show that you have the raw ability.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have just finished a postgraduate one year weekend studies. I got A (Finance for Management), A (Finance for Accounting), and C+ (Tax Law).
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
DMJ wrote:
I have just finished a postgraduate one year weekend studies. I got A (Finance for Management), A (Finance for Accounting), and C+ (Tax Law).

The two A's will definitely help you. The C+ won't. If you can earn more A's that will be even better. But you have the right idea.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]