Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: another evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FifthEmu wrote:
Sure, I am from Switzerland. Currently, I am living and working in Ghana (my official residence is still in Switzerland though). Didn't mention it above, but lived in Norway for a while for an exchange semester.

You didn't ask, but maybe it matters: Am fluent in German and English. My French is also decent.

I can see why you had problems assessing your chances. I'm having problems too! :-) Your experience is simply excellent. Highly competitive. Your academics are a little weak, especially your GMAT quant score. However, I think that your European and African experience, sense of adventure, initiative, distinctive (but still plausible given your experience) goal, and accomplishments will carry the day at several of your target programs. Here is how I would break down your target schools.

HBS, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Columbia: Stretch

Yale, LBS, INSEAD, NYU: Competitive.

IF you would like help with your MBA application, please let me know.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Many thanks, that's more or less in line with my thoughts. Interestingly there seem to be different views on Yale in particular, depending on who I ask it has been put in all three baskets from "probable" to "stretch".

A very interesting option (especially because I was missing schools where the probability of admission is really high) was pointed out by another admission consultant (Angela Guido from mbaMission to give her the credit): The Indian School of Business. It was completely off my radar, but after some research I think indeed that this would be a great fit for me (and significantly better from a financial risk/return point of view compared to US schools outside the M7).

I have yet to decide on the exact schools I apply to. Will start with ISB and further in the process I am sure that I will get better at figuring out where to send my applications.
Send PM
Expert Reply
FifthEmu wrote:
Many thanks, that's more or less in line with my thoughts. Interestingly there seem to be different views on Yale in particular, depending on who I ask it has been put in all three baskets from "probable" to "stretch".

A very interesting option (especially because I was missing schools where the probability of admission is really high) was pointed out by another admission consultant (Angela Guido from mbaMission to give her the credit): The Indian School of Business. It was completely off my radar, but after some research I think indeed that this would be a great fit for me (and significantly better from a financial risk/return point of view compared to US schools outside the M7).

I have yet to decide on the exact schools I apply to. Will start with ISB and further in the process I am sure that I will get better at figuring out where to send my applications.

I agree with Angela. It actually had occurred to me too. You could also end up with a scholarship and the school really fits your goals and interests well.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot