It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:40

Benefits of the Decision Tracker
Will you get in? Find profiles similar to yours! Tip: use filters.
Engage with other applicants – ask questions or offer advice with comments.
Get feedback on your profile from top admissions consultants
More Filters
New Comments
5.4 years
Pakistan
Male
Score: 337 GRE
GPA: 3.629
Pre-MBA industry: Law
Post-MBA industry: Investment Banking
Hi,
Wanted to pursue MBA from Ross.Comment on my credentials GRE,GPA,Work experience. Aren't these credentials enough for good impression? Meant: can I have any edge on admission committee with these data points.
Thanking you for your wonderful words and guidance.
Ross Michigan
Full Time MBA
5 days ago
Round 3
AppliedApr 1, 24
Comments (3 comments)
19 Apr 2024, 21:01
Well done on the scores. They are a strong defense and may not get you rejected (which, however, doesn't mean getting accepted). The rest will entirely depend on how you showcased your attributes and achievements that school will see as relevant for an MBA education and your post-MBA goals. Equally crucial would have been your inputs on 'why ross?' (am using past tense since you've already submitted). Best wishes. (Dee - admissions consultant)
19 Apr 2024, 01:54
Did you apply in Round 3?
19 Apr 2024, 03:32
Yes applied
Well done on the scores. They are a strong defense and may not get you rejected (which, however, doesn't mean getting accepted). The rest will entirely depend on how you showcased your attributes and achievements that school will see as relevant for an MBA education and your post-MBA goals. Equally crucial would have been your inputs on 'why ross?' (am using past tense since you've already submitted). Best wishes. (Dee - admissions consultant)
Show all 3 comments
Hide comments
New Comments Profile review requested
8.3 years
India
Score: 730 GMAT Classic
GPA: 2.2
Pre-MBA industry: Investment Banking
Post-MBA industry: Investment Banking
have about 9 ish years of experience 2.5 in teach 6.5 in investment banking + corp-dev. reasonably large transactions valued at ~$1bn+ . Currently on a medical break post fiancé's medical emergency. Want to get back into investment banking.

Extra-Curriculars - mentorship for examinations like the CFA, GMAT, mentor junior associate, organize workshops for low-income families. Part of family trust, award small checks to social workers helping bring change to the village grandparents are from

GMAT - old 730, retake focus - 715,
Rejections - Kellogg, Duke, Cornell, NYU stern
Accepted - McCombs , Georgetown, Fletcher's

i'll be 33 soon, i'm a little disappointed i didn't get into a marquee program. Is it wise for me to apply again? i'm in the process of getting back into full-time work, maybe that hurt my chances? i was working only part-time last year. Would love your opinions
Booth
Full Time MBA
19 hours ago
Round 2
DeniedJan 31, 24
Comments (3 comments)
Thank you for adding your take and advice!
19 Apr 2024, 20:42
Sorry about the rough road. That 715 is an awesome score - that's a 760 equivalent!
I have known another candidate who was about your age and got into Booth... many years ago.

It is good have applied to a range of programs and received consistent results. not great results but it is a data point you can use. The schools clearly did not think they were a good fit for you or vice versa. Most often for such strong candidates as yourself, this is likely because they did not feel comfortable with your post MBA goals and how they would help. perhaps having a PT job (not having a FT job was misinterpreted). Not sure if you have written a letter about it to clarify - schools like people who work 2 jobs (unless you are rich enough at that point) because that signals to them that a person is going to work double hard and will find employment super easily after graduation.

I am assuming you worked with a consultant? If so, I would get their opinion. If not, I would get one to review your details (for $300-500 ) and give you an idea why. Perhaps have 2 different ones review and give you an idea of what kept you out and what it will take to succeed. Those were the only red flags I could see potentially (and they may have been covered, I just don't know) but to summarize them:
1. Post MBA goal
2. PT employment

In terms of your dilemma - it really dpeends on what you were hoping to get out of the MBA. You have a very strong profile for some of the lower ranked schools so I hope they gave you some $$ but they will be quite barren when it comes to IB recruiting most likely and you will stick out as a sore thumb among the HBS, Booth, and even Darden folks. I would probably make the decision after speaking with a few consultants and getting their feedback. Don't think it is a waste as certainty is worth quite a bit these days and you will have certainty about whether you should take the bird in the hand or pursue a few in the sky.

-BB
19 Apr 2024, 20:57
"To go now or try again" is a tough and risky trade off. If you decide to try again next year, your age and work experience would have increased further (assuming it was one of the issues for Kellogg, etc.). From IB to IB was a very plausible direction - so I do not think that was a cause of concern to the marquee schools. If you used the relevant sections to convincingly explain the gaps and life situations, then that also could not have been a reason of concern (and both these 'ifs' are big 'ifs'). If none of the schools where you have admission will get you into IB, and that was the goal you presented in the applications, then rethink your motivations to have applied to them in the first place.

To go now or try again - will remain your decision and yours alone.

- Dee (admissions consultant)
Thank you for adding your take and advice!
Show all 3 comments
Hide comments
New Comments
3.5 years
India
Female
Score: 725 GMAT Focus
GPA: 4.0
Pre-MBA industry: Consulting
Post-MBA industry: Non-Profit and Government
I have spent around 4 years working at Bain Capability Network, having graduated from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi University. Post MBA, I’m looking to work at an impact consulting firm in the short term, and eventually would like to start my own venture in the same space.
Kellogg
Full Time 1 Year MBA
59 minutes ago
INSEAD
August Intake
59 minutes ago
Round 1
Wharton
Full Time MBA
59 minutes ago
Round 1
Show all 3 schools
Hide schools
Comments
19 Apr 2024, 20:50
You have a strong profile and score. These give you a good defense. Balance will entirely depend on how you package and present your achievements, motivations, etc. Make sure your school selection is aligned with your past and target goals. (Dee: admissions consultant)
19 Apr 2024, 20:50
You have a strong profile and score. These give you a good defense. Balance will entirely depend on how you package and present your achievements, motivations, etc. Make sure your school selection is aligned with your past and target goals. (Dee: admissions consultant)
If you would like to view this post, please log in or join now.