It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:52

Benefits of the Decision Tracker
Will you get in? Find profiles similar to yours! Tip: use filters.
Engage with other applicants – ask questions or offer advice with comments.
Get feedback on your profile from top admissions consultants
More Filters
New Comments
India
Score: 720 GMAT Classic
GPA: 4
Pre-MBA industry: Computer Software
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Anderson
Full Time MBA
1 hour ago
Round 1
DeniedDec 17, 23
Marshall (USC)
Full Time MBA
1 hour ago
Round 1
WaitlistedDec 30, 23
LBS
Full Time MBA
1 hour ago
Round 2
DeniedMar 4, 24
Darden
Full Time MBA
1 hour ago
Round 2
DeniedMar 18, 24
Foster
Full Time MBA
1 hour ago
Round 1
AcceptedDec 14, 23
Scholarship75%
Johnson (Cornell)
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
1 hour ago
AcceptedDec 4, 23
Scholarship25%
Kellogg
MBAi
1 hour ago
AcceptedMar 27, 24
ScholarshipNone
Stern
NYU Tech MBA
3 months ago
Round 1
WaitlistedNov 23, 23
Show all 8 schools
Hide schools
Comments (2 comments)
29 Mar 2024, 01:29
6 on matriculation
29 Mar 2024, 00:53
Could you please tell me your YOE?
29 Mar 2024, 01:29
6 on matriculation
Show all 2 comments
Hide comments
New Comments
6 years
United States
Male
Score: 322 GRE
GPA: 3.67
Pre-MBA industry: Education
After teaching for two years and working for a non-profit in education, I would like to get my MBA to pivot to consulting in the short term, and in the long term to found my own school and education investment firm in St. Louis.
Wharton
Full Time MBA
3 days ago
Round 3
Kellogg
Full Time MBA
3 days ago
Round 3
Mendoza
Full Time MBA
3 days ago
Round 3
AppliedMar 18, 24
Olin St. Louis
Full Time MBA
3 days ago
Round 5
Show all 4 schools
Hide schools
Comments (2 comments)
28 Mar 2024, 22:31
Sorry about the wait on the comments - it is great you have an EDU background!
It is an interesting one but as Kellogg has mentioned and brought up in their 2 rounds now (after R1 and R2), this is the heaviest year in terms of applications so R3 may be tight but if you get invites to interview, that's an amazing sign!

P.S. Hoping speaking and teaching has prepped you well for consulting interviews!
26 Mar 2024, 03:32
Hi @teachertomba24,
Thank you for sharing your profile and details. I'm Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

Strengths of your profile:
Work Experience: 6 years of experience is a good starting point for MBA programs, especially with your diverse background in education (teaching and non-profit).
Target Schools: Your list includes a good mix of reach (Wharton, Kellogg), match (Mendoza), and safety (Olin) schools, which increases your chances of acceptance to at least one program.
Goal Clarity: You have a clear vision for your post-MBA goals, including a short-term pivot to consulting and a long-term ambition to found an education venture in St. Louis.
Areas for Improvement:
GRE Score: The average GRE score for Wharton and Kellogg is significantly higher than 322. You might want to consider retaking the GRE to improve your score, especially if Wharton and Kellogg are your top choices. Consider adding a couple of additional schools with average GRE scores closer to 322.
Pre-MBA Industry: While education is a valuable experience, it doesn't directly translate to consulting. Highlight specific skills you gained in your education roles that are relevant to consulting (e.g., analytical thinking, problem-solving, communication).
Post-MBA Industry Switch: Business schools like to see a strong connection between your pre-MBA experience and your post-MBA goals. While consulting can be a stepping stone to entrepreneurship, you'll need to convince the admissions committee that this jump is logical. Focus on transferable skills and how your education experience positions you for success in consulting (e.g., managing budgets, working with diverse stakeholders).

By strengthening these areas and crafting compelling essays (we can help with that :)), you can significantly improve your chances of getting into a top MBA program. Feel free to reach out to me on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.COM and I will help you schedule a free profile evaluation discussion with our CEO.

All the best!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
28 Mar 2024, 22:31
Sorry about the wait on the comments - it is great you have an EDU background!
It is an interesting one but as Kellogg has mentioned and brought up in their 2 rounds now (after R1 and R2), this is the heaviest year in terms of applications so R3 may be tight but if you get invites to interview, that's an amazing sign!

P.S. Hoping speaking and teaching has prepped you well for consulting interviews!
Show all 2 comments
Hide comments
New Comments
6.7 years
United States
Male
Score: 565 GMAT Focus
Pre-MBA industry: Entertainment and Sports
6 years working as a talent agent in the music business routing tours for artists. Experience working at a big-4 corporate agency in addition to co-founding a new agency during the pandemic, also representing touring artists. Looking to transfer to consulting in TMT sector, then to industry doing business development for large media companies (sony, spotify, universal, etc).
SDA Bocconi
Full Time MBA
9 hours ago
Deadline
AppliedMar 1, 24
Invited to interviewMar 28, 24
Judge Cambridge
Full Time MBA
2 days ago
Round 4
AppliedMar 12, 24
DeniedMar 26, 24
ESADE
Full Time MBA
7 days ago
5th deadline
Invited to interviewMar 21, 24
IESE
Full Time MBA
7 days ago
Round 3
AppliedMar 21, 24
Show all 4 schools
Hide schools
Comments (5 comments)
28 Mar 2024, 21:08
Since Kellogg has been talking about unprecedented application application volume this year, I have a feeling applications are up across the board so round three is going to be a crapshoot but some US schools will give you a test waiver and you can apply without one.
21 Mar 2024, 18:20
Wow! That is a very unique profile🤩

Are you only applying to European schools? Are you planning to recruit in Europe?
28 Mar 2024, 16:29
Thanks bb! Only applying to European schools at the moment. I spent a year abroad in Europe during my undergrad and fiance's family is Italian so we'd like to be in Europe. Yes plan to recruit in Europe. My GMAT score is also on the lower side, which I know when paired with unique work background has more value for European schools. Are there any other programs you think would be a good fit with this GMAT or if it was a bit higher?
28 Mar 2024, 17:53
Your GMAT is putting schools into a tough dilemma - admit a unique and qualified candidate but take a hit on their average GMAT and thus a hit to the rankings OR pass them by and hurt the diversity of the class but stay afload in the rankings. The longer term win would be to ding you unfortunately. If you can apply with a score waiver or a higher score, I feel you would def be able to break through quite a few adcoms ... you need at least 50 points to start approaching them and ideally 100 to conquer places such as INSEAD.
28 Mar 2024, 21:04
Cool, I figured the same. Thanks for the insight. Are there any US schools which are known to give better chances to round 3 applicants?
28 Mar 2024, 21:08
Since Kellogg has been talking about unprecedented application application volume this year, I have a feeling applications are up across the board so round three is going to be a crapshoot but some US schools will give you a test waiver and you can apply without one.
Show all 5 comments
Hide comments
If you would like to view this post, please log in or join now.