It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:17

Benefits of the Decision Tracker
Will you get in? Find profiles similar to yours! Tip: use filters.
Engage with other applicants – ask questions or offer advice with comments.
Get feedback on your profile from top admissions consultants
More Filters
New Comments
4.7 years
Nigeria
Male
Score: 325 GRE
GPA: 3.2
Pre-MBA industry: Consumer Electronics
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Ross Michigan
Full Time MBA
9 hours ago
Round 3
AppliedMar 29, 24
Invited to interviewApr 16, 24
Goizueta
Full Time MBA
2 days ago
Round 3
Invited to interviewApr 13, 24
Stern
Full Time MBA
2 days ago
Round 3
AppliedMar 29, 24
Jones Rice
Full Time MBA
2 days ago
Round 3
AppliedMar 29, 24
Marshall (USC)
Full Time MBA
2 days ago
Round 4
AppliedApr 14, 24
Show all 5 schools
Hide schools
Comments
16 Apr 2024, 15:29
How was your Goizuetta interview? Any feedback ?
16 Apr 2024, 15:29
How was your Goizuetta interview? Any feedback ?
New Comments Profile review requested
6.5 years
China
Pre-MBA industry: Finance
Post-MBA industry: Tech
7 years of work experience, wanted to move into Product Management in a top Tech company after MBA, Tuck didn't give me any money, but based on my research, it seems like their student recruit better in Tech industry, whilst Fuqua sends many of their students to Dell/Adobe (tech companies that I'm not that excited about). Went to ASW at Fuqua, really like the atmosphere, and their HSM programme, the only concern is their low alum response rate, less prestigious compare to Tuck. Any advice would be helpful for me!!!
Tuck
Full Time MBA
3 hours ago
Round 2
AcceptedMar 14, 24
ScholarshipNone
Fuqua
Full Time MBA
3 hours ago
Round 2
AcceptedMar 12, 24
Scholarship25%
Johnson (Cornell)
Full Time MBA
3 hours ago
Round 2
AcceptedMar 29, 24
Scholarship25%
Show all 3 schools
Hide schools
Comments (3 comments)
16 Apr 2024, 14:39
I wish I had a calculator that would translate alumni relationships into dollars to help you with your decision. A lot of successes based on Chen luck and trying and pursuing. I do think Tuck is more prestigious than Fuqua and more exclusive perhaps so I think that will be worth something. People will definitely talk to you and I think that would be a big helpful plus. I had the same time it doesn’t mean you’ll get a job .

I have not checked the alum composition within companies. It changes from time to time and especially now with tech changes and troubles it’s all over the place. Before the pandemic messed things up, tech was a fairly common exit path for consultants. As tech jobs dry up, consultant exit pats dried out and consultants stopped quitting. at least that’s one theory I have heard from a person.

so the value of alum is going to be slow to how much effort you invest into it. A lot of the hiring is done using referrals in many companies and especially in large tech firms. You want somebody to refer you but there’s a difference between a cold and a warm referral so to speak.

I would say that it’s gonna be pretty hard to get into anywhere without a cold referral. That’s basically an employee putting you into the database and saying they referred you and they know you a bit. I don’t think anyone is getting any jobs without this kind of a Minimum effort these days just because there’s so many applicants and HR struggles with choosing the right one.

at the same time, everyone else is getting these so if you don’t have as good of experience or don’t as highly in your job performance or other elements, they’ll be quite a number of referred candidates. Everyone with a computer can find an alarm in the company and bug them until they refer them. Not very hard to do. Trick for you stay engaged with the employed tech stay in touch with them for the two years while you’re in business school. In that case, you have a relationship in the network and something much better than a cold referral. This is the relationship matter and make a meeting for difference it’s not a replacement for relevant work experience or skill set. Right now, I’m seeing many students mentioned that employers are looking for people with prior work experience and they have plenty to choose from those for not changing industries. And the for that , your best opportunity is getting an internship in the summer. These can be networked but they’re harder to network.
16 Apr 2024, 14:05
Congratulations on the admits!

Talk has a really good alarm response. We had a moderator sheriff story where they reached out to 15 talk for some questions and advice. Cold dm’s on LinkedIn I think. They got 14 responses back and they had to have 14 calls because I did not want to burn any bridges. Bottom line, talk really shines in alumni and community area. They are primarily however a consulting school.

Fuqua tends to do better in overall numbers type of thing but as you pointed out, there are differences in jobs.

I assume you would be fine going to talk if you got a match and scholarships and I assume you have asked and they did not match?
16 Apr 2024, 14:25
thanks for the reply bb! Yes, I've submitted a scholarship reconsideration form to Tuck, but they said they cannot promise the decision will be made before the deposit deadline. Could you shed some light on how important Alums are as part of the MBA recruiting? There seem to be more Tuckies in Google/Apple compare to Fuqua based on my research, am I right?
16 Apr 2024, 14:39
I wish I had a calculator that would translate alumni relationships into dollars to help you with your decision. A lot of successes based on Chen luck and trying and pursuing. I do think Tuck is more prestigious than Fuqua and more exclusive perhaps so I think that will be worth something. People will definitely talk to you and I think that would be a big helpful plus. I had the same time it doesn’t mean you’ll get a job .

I have not checked the alum composition within companies. It changes from time to time and especially now with tech changes and troubles it’s all over the place. Before the pandemic messed things up, tech was a fairly common exit path for consultants. As tech jobs dry up, consultant exit pats dried out and consultants stopped quitting. at least that’s one theory I have heard from a person.

so the value of alum is going to be slow to how much effort you invest into it. A lot of the hiring is done using referrals in many companies and especially in large tech firms. You want somebody to refer you but there’s a difference between a cold and a warm referral so to speak.

I would say that it’s gonna be pretty hard to get into anywhere without a cold referral. That’s basically an employee putting you into the database and saying they referred you and they know you a bit. I don’t think anyone is getting any jobs without this kind of a Minimum effort these days just because there’s so many applicants and HR struggles with choosing the right one.

at the same time, everyone else is getting these so if you don’t have as good of experience or don’t as highly in your job performance or other elements, they’ll be quite a number of referred candidates. Everyone with a computer can find an alarm in the company and bug them until they refer them. Not very hard to do. Trick for you stay engaged with the employed tech stay in touch with them for the two years while you’re in business school. In that case, you have a relationship in the network and something much better than a cold referral. This is the relationship matter and make a meeting for difference it’s not a replacement for relevant work experience or skill set. Right now, I’m seeing many students mentioned that employers are looking for people with prior work experience and they have plenty to choose from those for not changing industries. And the for that , your best opportunity is getting an internship in the summer. These can be networked but they’re harder to network.
Show all 3 comments
Hide comments
New Comments
6 years
India
Male
Score: Waiver
GPA: 3.3
Pre-MBA industry: Computer Hardware
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Ross Michigan
Weekend MBA Program
2 hours ago
AcceptedOct 16, 23
ScholarshipNone
Comments
16 Apr 2024, 14:30
How was your interview? Any Feedback how should I prepare did you have it with an admissions director?
16 Apr 2024, 14:30
How was your interview? Any Feedback how should I prepare did you have it with an admissions director?
If you would like to view this post, please log in or join now.