It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:38

Benefits of the Decision Tracker
Will you get in? Find profiles similar to yours! Tip: use filters.
Engage with other applicants – ask questions or offer advice with comments.
Get feedback on your profile from top admissions consultants
More Filters
New Comments
4.5 years
Taiwan
Male
Score: 740 GMAT Classic
GPA: 3.6
Pre-MBA industry: Law
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Johnson (Cornell)
Full Time MBA
10 days ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 9, 24
InterviewedMar 20, 24
AcceptedApr 5, 24
Scholarship25%
Kellogg
Full Time MBA
19 days ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 9, 24
InterviewedFeb 20, 24
AcceptedMar 27, 24
ScholarshipNone
Tuck
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 2, 24
InterviewedJan 24, 24
DeniedMar 14, 24
Stern
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Round 1
InterviewedOct 26, 23
AcceptedDec 1, 23
ScholarshipNone
Yale
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Round 1
AppliedSep 8, 23
DeniedDec 5, 23
Booth
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Round 1
DeniedOct 14, 23
Show all 6 schools
Hide schools
Comments (3 comments)
15 Apr 2024, 19:52
Hi which school did you decide to go to? I'm still waiting for Stern result after the interview so I want to ask you some questions abt Stern :)
05 Jan 2024, 11:29
Hi, I am currently applying for Round 2. Can you help me with few doubts?
06 Jan 2024, 07:54
Sure. Send me a PM if you want.
15 Apr 2024, 19:52
Hi which school did you decide to go to? I'm still waiting for Stern result after the interview so I want to ask you some questions abt Stern :)
Show all 3 comments
Hide comments
New Comments
9 years
India
Male
Score: 720 GMAT Classic
GPA: 9.07
Pre-MBA industry: Consumer Products
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
I am Indian male. Graduated from IIT. 8+ years of experience in FMCG industry. Have 3+ years of International experience.

Current designation is Senior Manager in Supply Chain
INSEAD
January Intake
16 days ago
Round 1
AppliedMar 12, 24
Invited to interviewMar 26, 24
IESE
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 9, 24
InterviewedFeb 14, 24
AcceptedMar 15, 24
ScholarshipNone
HEC Paris
January Intake
1 month ago
AppliedMar 12, 24
InterviewedMar 7, 24
AcceptedMar 15, 24
ScholarshipNone
LBS
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 3, 24
DeniedFeb 7, 24
Oxford Said
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 5, 24
DeniedFeb 1, 24
IMD
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
AppliedJan 15, 24
DeniedFeb 27, 24
Judge Cambridge
Full Time MBA
2 months ago
Round 3
AppliedJan 8, 24
DeniedJan 31, 24
Show all 7 schools
Hide schools
Comments (11 comments)
15 Apr 2024, 19:49
Any scholarship from HEC?
12 Dec 2023, 21:38
Congrats - nice GPA. What industry are you looking at after graduating? Are you planning to take a test?
13 Dec 2023, 00:05
Thank you! I am look for companies that offer Leadership development programmes post MBA.
I took GMAT, got 720 (Q50,V38,IR7,AW5)
14 Mar 2024, 12:32
Hello Chandra KK,
Can you share what went wrong with your LBS, Judge, Said Applications? Don't see a reason for your not getting through.
14 Mar 2024, 20:46
I think the major reason is being in the over represented pool of Indian Male Engineers.

I was expecting to get through LBS. The essays were good and I also had recommendation from Alumni. The only thing I could think of was my work experience. I will be having 9 yrs of Workex by the time I join vs LBS avg of 5.4. I head LBS generally dont look for 8+ unless the profile is special.

For Oxford & Cambridge, I dont understand even till today what went wrong. They were my backup schools and they surprised me. From GMAT club, I understood that tot many Indian males got through in Jan round for both schools. May be they have taken more in earlier rounds.
14 Mar 2024, 20:59
Sorry! 😞
If you’re planning to reapply, I would highly encourage reaching out to current students and even the recently admitted folks, and asking them for recommendations to improve your profile and asking them small things such as review your career goals. I wouldn’t send them 10 essays and your résumé because that’s overwhelming but I was asking for some small things And see if you can peel back the onion and get a sense what may have gone wrong. I also would seek out applicants with similar amount of experience to compare cards and see what worked for them and what caliber of folks was getting admitted … This will be very helpful for your future applications and not only for diagnosing and troubleshooting

PS. I’m sorry, not a whole lot of other wisdom to share at the moment. don’t let it get to you.
14 Mar 2024, 21:06
Thank you..

It is not all so gloomy :-). Though LBS was disappointing, results from my other target schools are good so far.

I got call on IESE admit. I am waiting for official admissions letter to update.
I did HEC also well. Expect to get through. Waiting for the result.
I felt I submitted a strong app for INSEAD too.

May be like you said, initial results helped me to reflect and revise my essays & application.
14 Mar 2024, 21:08
Oh 🥰 that’s fantastic news!
07 Apr 2024, 02:29
Hi Chandra,
Congratulations!
I have 8+ years of work experience. I am in a similar boat. Did you take help of some consultant with your applications. If yes, can you suggest some. Also, which colleges should I target, by the time I apply my experience will be 9 years.
Thanks!
07 Apr 2024, 14:09
Likely EU schools. as US programs tend to be a bit picker with older applicants but you can always apply if you have time. Make sure you have a good enough score to bring to the table. 720 was higher than the average for pretty much all of these programs.
08 Apr 2024, 05:21
Hi Hasmeet,

Thank you!

My understanding from the MBA process is that you need to have some of the following to make a good application and stand out especially applying from over represented India region - a. Good GMAT/GRE score b. Demonstrated leadership at work c. International Exposure, working in diverse cultures d. Extra-Curricular actitives i.e life outside work. A consultant will help you to refine your stories and essays to make the application stronger only if you have those. So, I would suggest to review if above are ready when you start looking for a consultant. Also, shortlisting your dream schools will also help to work with appropriate consultant as each one has certain schools as their strengths.

Yes, I have worked with a consultant. Please PM me for the details.

College shortlisting depends on what you plan to do after MBA, post- MBA work location, your finances, school strengths and weakness.
15 Apr 2024, 19:49
Any scholarship from HEC?
Show all 11 comments
Hide comments
New Comments
4 years
India
Male
Score: 760 GMAT Classic
GPA: 3.8
Pre-MBA industry: Finance
Post-MBA industry: Finance
Booth
Full Time MBA
21 hours ago
Round 2
InterviewedFeb 8, 24
AcceptedMar 21, 24
Scholarship25%
Kellogg
Full Time MBA
21 hours ago
Round 2
InterviewedFeb 4, 24
DeniedMar 28, 24
LBS
Full Time MBA
21 hours ago
Round 2
AppliedDec 21, 23
AcceptedMar 28, 24
ScholarshipNone
Stanford GSB
Full Time MBA
21 hours ago
Round 2
AppliedDec 21, 23
DeniedMar 31, 24
Stern
Full Time MBA
21 hours ago
Round 3
AppliedDec 18, 23
WaitlistedMar 30, 24
Wharton
Full Time MBA
21 hours ago
Round 2
AppliedDec 21, 23
DeniedFeb 16, 24
IIM Ahmedabad
PGPX
21 hours ago
Round 1
AcceptedApr 14, 24
ScholarshipNone
Show all 7 schools
Hide schools
Comments (4 comments)
15 Apr 2024, 19:48
Hey, congrats on the Booth offer! I am curious about when you interviewed with Stern, and how they informed you were waitlisted after the interview (email/portal/call) ? And the decision was made on 3/30? I am waiting for a final decision after the Stern interview too so I am super nervous. Thanks in advance!
06 Feb 2024, 05:23
Hello, I hope your interview with Kellogg went smoothly. I'm unsure about the status of my application as I haven't received any updates from Kellogg regarding the interview. Should I assume that my application has been rejected by now?
06 Feb 2024, 05:35
Hey Prateek, considering that Kellogg invites all its candidates to interview within the first 6 weeks, I am sorry to say it is safe to assume that your application might have been looked over if you haven't received the update by now
06 Feb 2024, 06:17
Thank you for the response
15 Apr 2024, 19:48
Hey, congrats on the Booth offer! I am curious about when you interviewed with Stern, and how they informed you were waitlisted after the interview (email/portal/call) ? And the decision was made on 3/30? I am waiting for a final decision after the Stern interview too so I am super nervous. Thanks in advance!
Show all 4 comments
Hide comments
If you would like to view this post, please log in or join now.