GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 14:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Recent INSEAD MBA - Ask Me Anything!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Recent INSEAD MBA - Ask Me Anything!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 21:12
Hi there,

Really nice of you to take out time to answer our questions. I was planning to apply in January round as I wasn't content with my application around November deadline. Do you think am really late, given that am international student. Indian female.

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2018, 20:12
prachiindian wrote:
Hi there,

Really nice of you to take out time to answer our questions. I was planning to apply in January round as I wasn't content with my application around November deadline. Do you think am really late, given that am international student. Indian female.

Hi Prachi, it is definitely not too late to apply in Round 3 (January) for the September intake as competition in each round is equal (as highlighted by INSEAD). However, please keep in mind that most of the scholarships offered are available only for Round 1 and 2 applicants.

I understand that you are concerned about the limited spaces left. An alternative would be to wait another month to apply in Round 1 for the January intake since the deadline is Feb 20th. This will allow you to be one of the earlier applicants while giving you the opportunity to apply for scholarships as well. All in all, it still ultimately boils down to which intake you prefer and Round 3 for Sept 2019 intake is perfectly fine if you have a strong preference for the September start date (like myself).

All the best!
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
Recent INSEAD MBA - Ask Me Anything!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 03:50
Hey buddy, recentMBA
Thanks for doing this.
So, I'm an Entrepreneur and been working on and with startups to date, this means i don't really have any corporate experience. Looking at various class profiles i see most people are from corporate backgrounds. Would this be in any way be a negative?
Also, what depth does the course provide? I'm skeptical that a 10-month course might be too short to gain sufficient knowledge, given the absence of prior corporate exp. (PS- I'm an engineer)
My motivation to do an MBA comes from my desire to learn the best business practices, network, get exposure to actual businesses and solve actual problems on a bigger scale.

I'd like to get into consulting post-MBA, hence - INSEAD
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 04:52
What was the main thing you were warring about when you were preparing?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 04:55
Hi there! In your intake, how many MBA candidates would you came to INSEAD without having lived or studied or worked abroad?

Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 12:51
Hi there! Thanks for you proactivity on this thread.

I'd like to know about a great doubt I have about INSEAD.

I've heard from one Alumni that the one-year course is too much fast, and that sometimes this will impact MBA experience or how classes are taught.

Did you have this feeling? How do you evaluate your INSEAD Mba experience, and do you believe that the January intake can offset this feeling by giving additional 2 months for the summer internship?

Tks!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 18:19
Hi LadyGaladriel,

It is very rare to find a candidate at INSEAD who has not lived/studied/worked abroad. But the silver lining is - I was one such candidate. Adcom wants to understand if you could thrive in a diverse setup of the school. I proactively addressed that concern in my essays and got through.

LadyGaladriel wrote:
Hi there! In your intake, how many MBA candidates would you came to INSEAD without having lived or studied or worked abroad?

92% conversion rate for INSEAD applications. Refund if denied admit

Founder, Aidmit.com
We help you secure MBA Admit
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 18:25
lcbdelgado, Its true that INSEAD MBA is more fast paced than a typical 2 year MBA in the US. But, it doesn't impact the learning outcome. You would learn the same topics that your peers would learn in 2 years. Internships during January intake only helps you if you want a 360o change in your career progression.

Overall, its fast paced but provides enough space to you to travel and enjoy your MBA journey.

lcbdelgado wrote:

I've heard from one Alumni that the one-year course is too much fast, and that sometimes this will impact MBA experience or how classes are taught.

Did you have this feeling? How do you evaluate your INSEAD Mba experience, and do you believe that the January intake can offset this feeling by giving additional 2 months for the summer internship?

Tks!

92% conversion rate for INSEAD applications. Refund if denied admit

Founder, Aidmit.com
We help you secure MBA Admit
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Recent INSEAD MBA - Ask Me Anything!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 23:20
I spoke to a recent graduate who was a client of mine and he said the same thing. So I think that is a concern, depth of learning.

I haven't held a focus group on it or anything, but it stands to reason that having a two-month break where you could apply what you've learned would allow you integrate things.

You can maximize your learning in your interactions with the professors and things like that if you so choose.

There's a lot more time for Learning and investing in yourself if you sort out your internship before getting there. And or your post MBA job.

Career Services likes my clients resumes, and we've already worked on all of the Introspection so they are just ready to execute when they get there.

It an accelerated pace and in some ways I don't prefer INSEAD for those who have no business background.

If you're looking for international exposure and a way to position yourself for an international career...and to have a lifelong network, Its the best choice for sure. So it's all about your priorities, I think.

There are other really reputable schools in Europe that offer two programs and or internships including LBS, IESE.

HEC Is 16 months in offers an internship, which is often a popular second choice along with with INSEAD because they offer January intake.

lcbdelgado

lcbdelgado wrote:

Tks!

Recent INSEAD MBA - Ask Me Anything!   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2020, 23:20

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 29 posts ] 

Recent INSEAD MBA - Ask Me Anything!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto