Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello,
I was wondering if it's possible for you to review mine? Thank you so much.

Information
->Indian Male. 32 (right now 33 at time of application)
->GMAT: Have not given yet. Scored 680 in mock GMAT, should be able to push it to 720+

Work experience
->Working as Data Scientist since last 5 years
->4 years in Intel and another year in a Financial consultancy firm
->Awarded multiple internal achievement awards within Intel
->Got 2 promotions in the last 4 years
->Leading small teams(2-3) of Junior data scientists.

Education
-> Maters: MTech in IT from IIIT- Bangalore CGPA: 3.5/4.0
->Undergrad: BTECH in IT from IET, Lucknow. 73.5%
->12th: 84%
->10th: 84%

MBA Info
->Goal of MBA:
My long-term goal is to lead Analytics solutions teams in Enterprise/Startup space
->Target Schools:
I am more interested in Schools offering concentration in Analytics as it matches with my background. Top one includes Sloan, Columbia etc.
Extra-Curriculars:
Co-authored 2 books focused on Analytics/Machine Learning
In-house trainer for Machine learning courses ( Within Intel)

Thank you so much for taking your time to review my profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Hello
I took my GMAT and scored 700.
I am currently pursuing Economics hons from Hansraj College, Delhi University and wish to apply for MIM.
My target college earlier was HEC paris but since my score is a bit low, I dont think I stand a chance.( will be applying though)
My target colleges as for now are as follows:
Essec
London Business School
Insead
St Gallen
HEC

I was wondering if I have a chance in any of the above mentioned colleges given my 700 score.

As far as profile is considered, I have two Internships, one at Yes Bank and another one at news agency. I have undertaken social work as well.

I scored a complete 10 CGPA in 10th and 97% in 12th from commerce.

Also, I will be applying for YLP at Indian School of Business

Please guide me through chances and deadlines of these colleges.
And should I also try for any other college?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the schools that I need to apply to

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

School criteria:
I am looking at schools which can provide significant amount of scholarship and also schools ranked below 30-40 in FT rankings( essentially good schools)

Please let me know.

Thanks !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Kudos
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for Top 20 US schools, Cambridge Judge and NUS Singapore please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me throughUS/UK/Singapore top schools!

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for Top 20 US schools, Cambridge Judge and NUS Singapore please.

Undergrad Information:
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me throughUS/UK/Singapore top schools!

In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

When looking at the top 20 schools in the US, all of their GMAT ranges start under 700. (Between 510-680). The following schools have average GMAT scores of around 700: Duke Fuqua, Cornell Johnson, Texas- McCombs, UNC- Kenan Flagler, Carnegie Mellon Tepper.
Darden and Michigan Ross have slightly higher average GMAT scores at 713 and 716 respectively.
NUS’s average GMAT score is 662 and Cambridge Judge’s is 693.

Based on your GMAT score alone, any of these programs seem viable. However, all the other aspects of your application must also excel, this includes your essays, references and interviews.
Your work experience looks impressive, this will surely help your application.

Feel free to use some of the great free tools on our website such as our free MBA chances estimation calculator. We also have example essays for many different schools https://aringo.com/mba-essay-examples/ as well as many other tips that should help you with your MBA application.

Do not hesitate to be in touch,

Georgia
Send PM
Expert Reply
SharanyaReddy3006 wrote:
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the schools that I need to apply to

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

School criteria:
I am looking at schools which can provide significant amount of scholarship and also schools ranked below 30-40 in FT rankings( essentially good schools)

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Thanks for reaching out.

The best programs for supply chain are at MIT Sloan, Michigan State University- Broad and Arizona State University- Carey. The average GMAT scores at these schools are 722, 674 and 682 respectively.

Other universities with great supply chain programs, that are lower in the Financial Times rankings, are Ohio State University- Fisher, Carnegie Mellon Tepper, Purdue University and Rutgers University.

You can check out this page for more information on different scholarships and financial aid that schools offer. For more personalized information, it may be best to reach out to the individual schools.
https://aringo.com/mba-scholarships/

You can also check out our free MBA chances estimation calculator for an estimate of your chances of admission at the schools that you are interested in.

Don’t hesitate to be in touch,

Georgia
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Thank you so much for your inputs! Much appreciated :)

Aringo wrote:
Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Undergrad Information:

Thank you for reaching out to us.

When looking at the top 20 schools in the US, all of their GMAT ranges start under 700. (Between 510-680). The following schools have average GMAT scores of around 700: Duke Fuqua, Cornell Johnson, Texas- McCombs, UNC- Kenan Flagler, Carnegie Mellon Tepper.
Darden and Michigan Ross have slightly higher average GMAT scores at 713 and 716 respectively.
NUS’s average GMAT score is 662 and Cambridge Judge’s is 693.

Based on your GMAT score alone, any of these programs seem viable. However, all the other aspects of your application must also excel, this includes your essays, references and interviews.
Your work experience looks impressive, this will surely help your application.

Feel free to use some of the great free tools on our website such as our free MBA chances estimation calculator. We also have example essays for many different schools https://aringo.com/mba-essay-examples/ as well as many other tips that should help you with your MBA application.

Do not hesitate to be in touch,

Georgia
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

Would appreciate if the experts can evaluate my profile:

Indian, Male, 28 years, CFA, Silver Medalist
GMAT: 680 (Q49 V35, IR5, AWA 6)

Work Experience - 6.5 years as of Dec 2019

1. Working as an Independent Consultant (self-employed) to a UK Investment Banking firm. Currently working on 6 deals looking to raise $1 million - $10 million and working on one another Indian company to divest its stake outside India. The work involves consulting and discussions with founders/ senior directors on business, due diligence, fund raising requirements and preparing pitch book, IM and interactions with investors representing the companies. The work gets more interesting since I work closely with the founders and senior management and addressing concerns of investors over companies’ operations, strategy and product from financing point of view.

2. Three Years of experience as a valuation analyst in a consulting firm
• Lead a team of 5 analyst for valuation engagements on financial reporting and tax compliance for startup and private equity funds. Also performed valuations of complex securities for distressed/ illiquid assets and ad-hoc research based due-diligence activities
• Extensively trained, mentored and brought onto production floor, 3 MBA freshers, 1 Chartered Accountant and 1 Chartered Financial Analyst to manage valuation engagements under limited supervision
• Handled 3 engagement partners and collaborated with managers and associates to assist in due diligence and valuation of companies through all development stages, from seed funding to pre-IPO stage.
• Collaborated with directors to set up 2 new service offering and single-handedly setup and scaled the team to 7 members in 1 year.
• Lead the engagement on valuation of a Canadian healthcare medicinal weed-based company for fund raising activity. Independently worked on strategic planning projects, gift tax and M&A activity.

3. Another 3 years of work ex in an MNC and an equity broking firm - covering Indian macroeconomics and banking sector and global coverage of metals and mining companies.

Academics:
• CFA Charterholder, Liberal Arts (Major - Finance, Minor - Economics; awarded BBA Hons with diploma in liberal arts)
• Silver Medalist and was among the top 2% in academics throughout the college tenure.
• Hosted industry leaders for workshops, lectures and interviews by co-founding 2 clubs – a Management Club and an Entrepreneurship Club in collaboration with IIT and IIM alumnus.
• Presented research papers at National Level

Extra-curricular
• Current - Art and Craft activities including designing, teaching and creating customized greeting cards, wax sculptures, oil painting, and other DIY creative activities.
• Previous - NGO activities (teaching underprivileged, organizing Global Village through AISEC, raising AIDS awareness campaigns, etc.) in college days.
• Previous - Inter-College Table Tennis (Singles) winner

Post MBA Goal
Post MBA Finance, would either like to move to Buy-side roles (VC/PE) firms or would move to consulting profile.

Which schools should I target to apply in India, Canada and US?

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Aringo,
Kindly evaluate my profile. Here it is:
24 yrs Indian female
GMAT score: 640
Education: B.E in Electronics Engineering with 3.3 GPA (4-year course)

Work Experience:
Currently completed 2yrs in Advisory at one of the Big Four companies.
During this period, conducted different training sessions to 70+ people
Took up various leadership tasks at workplace
Received various awards at workplace

Extracurriculars:
Volunteered for 3yrs at an NGO
Executive head for college technical and cultural festivals
Organized various events

I want to shift to management profile probably consulting/finance.
Though my score is less, I am looking forward to apply to following colleges:
1. HEC Paris
2. London Business School
3. INSEAD
4. Kellogg School of Management
5. Michigan's Ross School of Business

Kindly let me know if I have a chance at these colleges or should I go for another attempt. I have already completed 4 GMAT attempts and I wish to apply for colleges this year. Also, let me know if there are any other good colleges that I have a chance to get in and which can provide me with a good ROI.

Thank you!
Send PM
Expert Reply
rahul0027 wrote:
Hi All,

Would appreciate if the experts can evaluate my profile:

Indian, Male, 28 years, CFA, Silver Medalist
GMAT: 680 (Q49 V35, IR5, AWA 6)

Work Experience - 6.5 years as of Dec 2019

1. Working as an Independent Consultant (self-employed) to a UK Investment Banking firm. Currently working on 6 deals looking to raise $1 million - $10 million and working on one another Indian company to divest its stake outside India. The work involves consulting and discussions with founders/ senior directors on business, due diligence, fund raising requirements and preparing pitch book, IM and interactions with investors representing the companies. The work gets more interesting since I work closely with the founders and senior management and addressing concerns of investors over companies’ operations, strategy and product from financing point of view.

2. Three Years of experience as a valuation analyst in a consulting firm
• Lead a team of 5 analyst for valuation engagements on financial reporting and tax compliance for startup and private equity funds. Also performed valuations of complex securities for distressed/ illiquid assets and ad-hoc research based due-diligence activities
• Extensively trained, mentored and brought onto production floor, 3 MBA freshers, 1 Chartered Accountant and 1 Chartered Financial Analyst to manage valuation engagements under limited supervision
• Handled 3 engagement partners and collaborated with managers and associates to assist in due diligence and valuation of companies through all development stages, from seed funding to pre-IPO stage.
• Collaborated with directors to set up 2 new service offering and single-handedly setup and scaled the team to 7 members in 1 year.
• Lead the engagement on valuation of a Canadian healthcare medicinal weed-based company for fund raising activity. Independently worked on strategic planning projects, gift tax and M&A activity.

3. Another 3 years of work ex in an MNC and an equity broking firm - covering Indian macroeconomics and banking sector and global coverage of metals and mining companies.

Academics:
• CFA Charterholder, Liberal Arts (Major - Finance, Minor - Economics; awarded BBA Hons with diploma in liberal arts)
• Silver Medalist and was among the top 2% in academics throughout the college tenure.
• Hosted industry leaders for workshops, lectures and interviews by co-founding 2 clubs – a Management Club and an Entrepreneurship Club in collaboration with IIT and IIM alumnus.
• Presented research papers at National Level

Extra-curricular
• Current - Art and Craft activities including designing, teaching and creating customized greeting cards, wax sculptures, oil painting, and other DIY creative activities.
• Previous - NGO activities (teaching underprivileged, organizing Global Village through AISEC, raising AIDS awareness campaigns, etc.) in college days.
• Previous - Inter-College Table Tennis (Singles) winner

Post MBA Goal
Post MBA Finance, would either like to move to Buy-side roles (VC/PE) firms or would move to consulting profile.

Which schools should I target to apply in India, Canada and US?

Thanks!

If finance is your area of interest, the top finance programs in the US are Wharton at University of Pennsylvania, Chicago Booth, NYU Stern and Columbia. In the past we have had clients gain admission into all of these schools with GMAT score much lower than yours. Although all of these schools have an average GMAT score of around 730, NYU’s being slightly lower at 714.

In Canada, Rotman at University of Toronto, have a great finance specialization. They also have included this page on their website, targeting students specifically from India. https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... India.aspx
The average GMAT for this program is 662. This could be a good option for you to look in to.

You might also want to check out this page from our website which delves a little further into finance specializations at universities around the world https://aringo.com/mba-finance-specialization/

I also suggest you check out our free MBA chances estimation calculator. It’s a great free tool.

Please do not hesitate to be in touch,

Georgia
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM