Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V29
GPA: 2.96
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32888 [0]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 225
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Hello, 
I am planning to retake GMAT(this will be 4th attempt), aiming 750+
I want to know if there are chances to be admitted with a 7.04/10 CGPA, a current score of 680 on my GMAT. 
Also, any help in narrowing down the school list for the same will be a great help. (will be reapplicant in some of the schools- Vanderbilt, ASU, Carlson, Georgiatech, Georgetown, and UT Austin)

26-year-old Indian Engineer Male

Education:
IP University(Btech in Electronics and Communication, passed out in 2016)

Professional Experience:
Post Btech, I started working for an Ed-Tech startup and was heading the operations training program there. Along with day-to-day interactions with students from various schools and negotiating with School representatives.
After working there for 8 months, I joined Accenture Technology where I was loaned as an asset to one of the biggest Telecom Providers in India in handling M&O for them. Responsible for managing a network servicing 25+ million people and saving them more than 10 million$ in revenue by automating the processes. 
Working for approximately 2 years I decided to join my family business - catering to the automobile, plastic, and pharmaceutical sector in India in 2018. 
Leveraged my learnings in helping automate and modernize the 25-year-old business, impacting the bottom line and increasing profit margins as well as helping the existing employees in upskilling themselves.
Because of my keen interest in giving back to the environment, I am also helping various Solar Installation companies to increase their outreach/client base and enhancing their supply chain along the way.

Leadership Experience: As a part of LMF(an NPO) I am responsible for mentor outreach to connect them with students from weaker economic sections of the society.
Also, I was one of the members out of 700 selected from a pool of 22k applicants for the prestigious Jagriti Yatra 2020 leading the baton for energy and sustainability.
Moreover, I am part of a travel group that helps me fund my trips will earning a buck alongside the opportunity of traveling to some of the less explored destinations and meeting new people along the way.

Post-MBA goals:
I want to work in supply chain consulting with a focus on Sustainability so that I can get accelerated learning of the industry and establish a required network.
Long term- come back to India and start a company focusing on servicing the EV industry.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32888 [0]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you Shimri for joining

Welcome Everyone! To the live chat

Welcome Everyone! To the live chat

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 21 Jun 2021, 09:59.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 21 Jun 2021, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi everyone
I am so happy and excited to be here! My name is Shimri Winters and I head the strategy here at ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting

A bit about me. I hold a BA in Computer Science and worked as a software programmer for a big I. T company. After my London Business School MBA, I worked in consulting, moved to some senior business development roles.
In parallel, I helped LBS interview 10s of MBA candidates for almost 7 years.

I have been working at ARINGO for 7 years now, full time, helping applicants get into top MBA programs.

Happy to answer ANY question you have regarding MBA applications.
If you have a specific question about your profile, please contact me privately on ShimriW@ARINGO.com with your resume, GMAT score, school wish list, a timeline of application, and list of questions
Now, let’s get the ball rolling with some questions and profiles!
Yale Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V29 (Online)
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Name : Keerthana Balamurugan, 24yrs, Indian, Female, GMAT-720

UG: B.Tech IIT Roorkee, GPA: 4
WExp: 4 yrs, Senior Data Scientist (1 promotion) at Wipro (US$8.7 billion)
I delivered AI enabled services and helped clients, across 5 industries.

Community:
I lead a non-profit, with 1000+ women onboard, a online community, which is focused on women empowerment and is affiliated with an org founded by Sheryll Sandberg.
I am also part of another Non-profit as a mentor to senior year students.

Post MBA goals: Transition to Management Consulting and then move to sustainability consulting.

Target: Yale, Darden, Duke, Tuck, UCLA, Cornell.

In my professional job, my work revolved majorly around developing Proof of Concepts of which, most have not converted to full-fledged products where I could show my impact on business in $ millions or $ billions.

1)Do adcoms prefer to see the impact on monetary grounds ?? and can I highlight my non profit contribution to compensate it??

2)Also is it okay to highlight in the essay, as one reason, that I took up the nonprofit opportunity coz I felt that my job lacked the opportunity of developing significant leadership skills??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Shimri! Thanks a ton for doing this! Advice needed for 22/23 intake
Indian Male, Entrepreneur, Work Ex: 7 Years, Age 27 yrs.
Bachelors in Business Management from Christ University, Bangalore India (Tier 1, Ranked No. 1 in India during my time there)
Graduated in 2014 GPA 3.28/4
GMAT (Yet to appear): 700 Expected
Work Ex:
• Packaging Design Consultancy firm which I founded right after graduating. Alongside a team of 30 employees, I work with brands and manufacture efficient and high-impact paper-based packaging, especially for consumer brands. Over the past 7 years, we have over $2.5 Million in Sales and have managed to partner with new brands every year and steadily increase in-house production capacity.
• Business development and Business Process Management for an award-winning Nutraceutical Brand – I Help streamline processes within the firm, ranging from hiring, reporting, finances to taxes.
Post MBA Goal ST: Pivot to strategy/innovation consulting
ECA’s: Extensive During Undergrad
• Leadership position in the capacity as a member of the Core Committee (Among 5 others) that would organize all Inter-College Fests
• Head of the Creative and Design Team responsible for all material design assets needed during fests
• Participated in and won numerous inter-college business fests
Target Schools:
Rotman, Ivey, Schulich, HEC Paris, LBS, ISB
Questions:
1. How best do I represent work experience in a somewhat succinct manner, coming from a non-traditional background? What should be the key points/achievements/stats as an entrepreneur that you feel I should cover?
2. What would be Ideal GMAT Score ranges for top B-Schools in Canada?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian , Male

· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Bangalore University, GPA: 8.2/10, Major: Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business)

· Other coursework or post-undergraduate education: NA

· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 770 (Q51, v44)

· Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
1. Several Corporate internships while pursuing my undergraduate degree. (Human resource internship in a large apparel design and manufacturing company employing over 3,500 people and Marketing Inter at a start up)
2. Family Business: Had to deviate from my plan to work in Banking to Join my Family’s Trading Concern right after college because my father was not going to be able to work for a year. Brought about changes to the Inventory management, Vendor Management and Accounting methods) -1 Year
3. Analyst at a Large Bank : Working on lending deals up to 10 million AUD on a daily basis. Providing Financial/Ratio Analysis reports to make lending decisions. Trained Colleagues on processes. Managing workflow and planning activities. Working with Australian teams on a daily basis. 2 promotions in three years.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones): Board of the Rotary Club of my college .Part of Case competition teams representing our college. Part of team that organizes case competitions. Fundraising activities carried out as part of an NGO around my house. Founder of a start up that operated for about a year and serviced 400+ students.

· Post-MBA goals: Management/ Strategy / Operations Consulting.

· Target schools: Booth, Kellog, UCLA, Columbia, Darden, Rotman, Stern, Cornell, Tepper and Tuck.

· Other information relevant to your profile: First generation graduate
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello Everone, 
I want to know if there are chances to be admitted with a 7.04/10 CGPA, a current score of 680 on my GMAT. 
Also, any help in narrowing down the school list for the same will be a great help. (will be reapplicant in some of the schools- Vanderbilt, ASU, Carlson, Georgiatech, Georgetown, and UT Austin)

Education:

Professional Experience:
Post Btech, I started working for an Ed-Tech startup and was heading the operations training program there. Along with day-to-day interactions with students from various schools and negotiating with School representatives.
After working there for 8 months, I joined Accenture Technology where I was loaned as an asset to one of the biggest Telecom Providers in India in handling M&O for them. Responsible for managing a network servicing 25+ million people and saving them more than 10 million$ in revenue by automating the processes. 
Working for approximately 2 years I decided to join my family business - catering to the automobile, plastic, and pharmaceutical sector in India in 2018. 
Leveraged my learnings in helping automate and modernize the 25-year-old business, impacting the bottom line and increasing profit margins as well as helping the existing employees in upskilling themselves.
Because of my keen interest in giving back to the environment, I am also helping various Solar Installation companies to increase their outreach/client base and enhancing their supply chain along the way.

Leadership Experience: As a part of LMF(an NPO) I am responsible for mentor outreach to connect them with students from weaker economic sections of the society.
Also, I was one of the members out of 700 selected from a pool of 22k applicants for the prestigious Jagriti Yatra 2020 leading the baton for energy and sustainability.
Moreover, I am part of a travel group that helps me fund my trips will earning a buck alongside the opportunity of traveling to some of the less explored destinations and meeting new people along the way.

Post-MBA goals:
I want to work in supply chain consulting with a focus on Sustainability so that I can get accelerated learning of the industry and establish a required network.
Long term- come back to India and start a company focusing on servicing the EV industry
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sahiba96 wrote:
Name : Keerthana Balamurugan, 24yrs, Indian, Female, GMAT-720

Community:
I lead a non-profit, with 1000+ women onboard, a online community, which is focused on women empowerment and is affiliated with an org founded by Sheryll Sandberg.

Post MBA goals: Transition to Management Consulting and then move to sustainability consulting.

In my professional job, my work revolved majorly around developing Proof of Concepts of which, most have not converted to full-fledged products where I could show my impact on business in $ millions or $ billions.

1)Do adcoms prefer to see the impact on monetary grounds ?? and can I highlight my non profit contribution to compensate it??

2)Also is it okay to highlight in the essay, as one reason, that I took up the nonprofit opportunity coz I felt that my job lacked the opportunity of developing significant leadership skills??

Hi sahiba96

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations
You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:
Great academics!
4 years of impressive work experience with a promotion GREAT (but how do you have 4 years while being 24?)
And fantastic extracurriculars!!!
Your GMAT is on the lower side (as you come from a competitive background of Indian engineers)

1. YES adcoms prefer to see people who “touch” the money or work on projects that have a money or % impact
2. YES, you can use your extracurricular activities for this! and show how you have had leadership experiences there
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Please refresh in case you are seeing a big banner at the top of the page.
Send PM
Expert Reply
rohanmalhotra93 wrote:
Hi Shimri! Thanks a ton for doing this! Advice needed for 22/23 intake
Indian Male, Entrepreneur, Work Ex: 7 Years, Age 27 yrs.
Bachelors in Business Management from Christ University, Bangalore India (Tier 1, Ranked No. 1 in India during my time there)
Graduated in 2014 GPA 3.28/4
GMAT (Yet to appear): 700 Expected
Work Ex:
• Packaging Design Consultancy firm which I founded right after graduating. Alongside a team of 30 employees, I work with brands and manufacture efficient and high-impact paper-based packaging, especially for consumer brands. Over the past 7 years, we have over $2.5 Million in Sales and have managed to partner with new brands every year and steadily increase in-house production capacity.
• Business development and Business Process Management for an award-winning Nutraceutical Brand – I Help streamline processes within the firm, ranging from hiring, reporting, finances to taxes.
Post MBA Goal ST: Pivot to strategy/innovation consulting
ECA’s: Extensive During Undergrad
• Leadership position in the capacity as a member of the Core Committee (Among 5 others) that would organize all Inter-College Fests
• Head of the Creative and Design Team responsible for all material design assets needed during fests
• Participated in and won numerous inter-college business fests
Target Schools:
Rotman, Ivey, Schulich, HEC Paris, LBS, ISB
Questions:
1. How best do I represent work experience in a somewhat succinct manner, coming from a non-traditional background? What should be the key points/achievements/stats as an entrepreneur that you feel I should cover?
2. What would be Ideal GMAT Score ranges for top B-Schools in Canada?

Very good profile!
Non-traditional background is a good thing, not a bad thing...
Key achievements? whatever you have : leadership, projects that you have accomplished there $ success or % success, working with international clients, fast track promotions, whatever you have!

Regarding the GMAT - the higher the better really!!! 650+ but obviously a 700+ will increase your chances (together with some stellar applications)

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Name : Akash Tomar, 30yrs, Indian, Male, GMAT-

Community:

Name : Akash Tomar, 30yrs, Indian, Male, GMAT-Yet to attempt

UG: Pune University 64% Agg

Community:

Originally posted by akash tomar on 21 Jun 2021, 10:09.
Last edited by akash tomar on 21 Jun 2021, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
RSinghS wrote:
Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian , Male

· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Bangalore University, GPA: 8.2/10, Major: Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business)

· Other coursework or post-undergraduate education: NA

· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 770 (Q51, v44)

· Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
1. Several Corporate internships while pursuing my undergraduate degree. (Human resource internship in a large apparel design and manufacturing company employing over 3,500 people and Marketing Inter at a start up)
2. Family Business: Had to deviate from my plan to work in Banking to Join my Family’s Trading Concern right after college because my father was not going to be able to work for a year. Brought about changes to the Inventory management, Vendor Management and Accounting methods) -1 Year
3. Analyst at a Large Bank : Working on lending deals up to 10 million AUD on a daily basis. Providing Financial/Ratio Analysis reports to make lending decisions. Trained Colleagues on processes. Managing workflow and planning activities. Working with Australian teams on a daily basis. 2 promotions in three years.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones): Board of the Rotary Club of my college .Part of Case competition teams representing our college. Part of team that organizes case competitions. Fundraising activities carried out as part of an NGO around my house. Founder of a start up that operated for about a year and serviced 400+ students.

· Post-MBA goals: Management/ Strategy / Operations Consulting.

· Target schools: Booth, Kellog, UCLA, Columbia, Darden, Rotman, Stern, Cornell, Tepper and Tuck.

· Other information relevant to your profile: First generation graduate

Hi RSinghS

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations
My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy team here at ARINGO

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:
    Academics – all good!

GMAT - Well, 770 FANTASTIC!

Work Experience – Schools love family businesses. Its not clear to me if you have worked in the firm or not? Bank is always good too 😊

[list]School wish list – Very realistic list with some harder schools to get into Booth, Kellogg , Columbia)
Yale Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V29 (Online)
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Is online non profit work considered as significant and strong as field ones?? Just curious to know.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello, 

Education:

Professional Experience:

Post-MBA goals:
Long term- come back to India and start a company focusing on servicing the EV industry
Send PM
Expert Reply
bratbg wrote:
Hello Everone, 

Education:

Professional Experience:

Hi bratbg

Your profile sounds really interesting
- Good education
- Great work experience
- and happy to see the NGO experience
your career goals also seem super realistic!!!

What next? GMAT GMAT GMAT!!! And then, we can talk about which schools are realistic…
With a 750, nearly any school is doable!

GOOD LUCK!
(feel free to send me your CV and GMAT, once you complete it… shimriw@ARINGO.com)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Background: Female, India, Software Engineer
GMAT: Preparing for the Exam (aiming for 720+)
Education: B.Tech in Information Technology (CGPA- 8.26/10.0 converted to GPA - 3.3/4.0) from Manipal University Jaipur in 2020
10th – 10.0/10.0 CGPA
12th – 82.8%
Professional Experience:
1 year and 9 months (9 months as an intern), currently working in a product team, contributing towards in-house project of the organization being mentored for the role of product manager, will complete 2 years by the time of joining
3 months internship as a content writer
3 months internship as an android application developer
Extracurricular:
Lead the hospitality department(part of the core committee) while organizing the blood donation camp
volunteer work for multiple organizations,
languages known - Hindi, German (A2 level), Spanish (Beginner)
Certifications - Business Analysis, Data Science, Web Development, Indian Sign Language
Held leadership positions in school (Vice President of computer club and Secretary of the Dance club)
Post MBA Goal: Switch to roles in Business Analytics or Consulting
Target Schools: NYU, Tepper, Duke, UCLA, Yale SOM
Send PM
Expert Reply
sahiba96 wrote:
Is online non profit work considered as significant and strong as field ones?? Just curious to know.

Sure, as an extra curricular activity that that compliments your professional and educational experiences why not!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67  ...  75