Check GMAT Club Decision Tracker for the Latest School Decision Releases https://gmatclub.com/AppTrack

It is currently 30 Apr 2017, 15:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask ARINGO - if your GMAT is (or might be) below 720

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 270 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Ask ARINGO - if your GMAT is (or might be) below 720 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 11:47
Fox17 wrote:
Hello Aringo! I want to apply to MBA next year (and actually start the MBA Fall 2017 or Spring 2018) and would highly appreciate review of my profile.

My Profile

Nationality: Latvian
GMAT score: 670 (Q45 V37), IR 6.0, AWA 4.0

Work experience: 10+ years (incl two maternity leaves)
Industry: FMCG, marketing

I have 10+ years of marketing experience within FMCG sector.incl lead of New Product Development. My carrier started from go-to-market marketing/category management roles in top international beauty companies in the Baltics (3 countries, 8 mil. consumers). After c. 6 years of this experience I moved to nr1 local Dairy producer. So, last 4 years have been dedicated to dairy industry in the Baltics and Russia, both NPD and go-to-market responsibilities.

Education:
Master of science in Mathematical Economics. With honors. avg grade 8.9 out of 10
Bachelor in Analytical Economics, avg grade 8.5 out of 10
Summer courses from Saint Martins School in London
Certificate in Category Management
10+ international company internal trainings / different countries

Extracurricular activities:
• Sports: crossfit, jogging (incl. marathon competitions), swimming
•Coding for children (studying the course targeting to educate children in the community)
• passion for traveling (United States (incl 4 mnth of living), Canada, Venezuela, China, over 10 countries in Europe and many places in Russia)

Languages: Russian (native), English and Latvian (fluent), German (modest)

Short-term career goal: Move to other country and get a position in business development or marketing management infashion/beauty industry. Preferably, the role related to product development.
Long-term career goal (more than 5 years post MBA): own business, most probably marketing consulting

Target schools: INSEAD (top choice), HEC, Essec, I.E. Madrid, IMD

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

And thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late reply! You have a lot of things going on for you, and so I do see you getting admitted to one of the schools mentioned with a top notch application at least. However, make sure you have a good reason for why you chose all the schools in question, it is not completely clear to me why they are all on your list.

Now, about INSEAD, since it is your top choice, I would also suggest a GMAT retake as your GMAT score is low for them. Would you be up for that at all? I think it would really help!

Additionally, with a better GMAT score HEC Paris might be an option for you. Due to your interest in fashion and beauty it seems like it would be a great option for you (not getting into too much detail here but if you look into it a bit you will see that they have ties to some of the top fashion houses and beauty companies in the world, like Hermes and L Oreal, if I am not mistaken and a lot of people in those industries will really value an MBA from them). However, I see it as a reach school at the moment due to your GMAT score.

So my suggestions for now would be to fine tune your school list (and do look into HEC Paris unless you have a specific reason not to) and to aim for a higher GMAT score for now.

Good luck!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Expert Post
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 01:02
Hi everyone,
We are offering up to 30% off of ARINGO services. Now through March 31!
May be applied to 2017 OR 2018 applications!
Additional details here: https://aringo.com/mba-preparation-prices/

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 00:29
Hi,

I will request you to evaluate my profile. I am looking for admission in next year (2018) and open to schools in US & Europe.

I am 28-year old Male (Nationality: Indian), currently working in US in the IT sector. I have 6 and a 1/2 years of experience overall and for the past 2 and a 1/2 years, I am working in US. I am currently playing the role of a Project Lead in my latest project. Over the course of my overall professional career, I have worked in Insurance, Health Care and Banking domain projects.

Education: B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) from West Bengal University of Technology (Year: 2010, CGPA: 9.12/10).

GMAT: 710 (Q: 50, V: 37, IR: 8) - I am not including the AWA score as I am yet to get my official score report.

TOEFL: 112 (R: 27, L: 29, S: 26, W: 30).

Short-term goal: Securing employment in Finance sector.

Long-term goal: Probably starting something of my own.

I will really appreciate if you can review my profile and suggest some schools where I have a good chance of getting in.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 10

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 00:38
Hello Expert,

GMAT - 710( QA 49 VA 36 IR - 7/8 AWA 6/6 )

Ethnicity- Indian
Male , 25 years old
Btech (Mechanical) - 2013 - 69% [ Under grad]
12th - 2009 -87%
10th (ICSE) - 2007 - 75%

Work Experience - 43 months as on Date will reach 48 months by August ( At the time of applying will have around 49-50 months work experience)

I am currently working as a business development executive at a startup and have worked with a government agency to design some training programs for their employees to effectively use social media for better E-Governance and have worked on building an android application along with successful launching of a online platform designed for certain companies. ( working for about 2 years here).Working alongside here , My father owns an advertising agency in which i play a role too because it is a family business and i need to look after when he is away and have helped create logos for the Government of Telangana. I am from Hyderabad , India and Telangana is the State. So i do not know how to leverage this work because in my own personal opinion I think it is great to have worked on a few government projects and design logos for it. The logo is evident on their websites and posters and all over the city . So i think i can give me some edge but any opinion regarding this will be considered. Prior to this i worked with Google for a year via a third party. I worked there as a business analyst.

EC

Sports - Swimming, basket ball , kabbadi , table tennis and badminton , Boxing .
Won the 1st Place in basketball at College (team event) .
Participated in multiple university and state level competitions . (table tennis)
Participated in a national level debate and Adjourned best speaker in a debate at a college level event.
Winner of an Extempore at a national level technical fest
Participated in multiple public speaking events and debates
The president of a Student Body in college for 2 years until the end of graduation undertaking lot of responsibilities and conducting multiple events
Organiser of the Sports Fest for 3 years along with a team under me and successfully organised multiple events. Along with Organizing as a sports player had to participate thus managing both organizing and playing.

I was the anchor for the Annual Day for 2 years and conducted the event in a splendid fashion
Class representative and event organiser for the college Fest for 4 years
Musical instruments learned - Keyboard , Guitar
Performed in the annual day and formed an own band during the college days and participated in college events.
learnt Classical singing for over 11 years and still learning
An active member of NSS during college and couple with the other activities i had , went on to form events to distribute food , books , clothes to the needy and have taught maths and physics to the needy .
Associated with an NGO as well , hope this help in application process

Academic Projects and Achievements

Always in the reckoning of the class - top 5%
95th percentile in CAT ( Management Exam in India) a neccesity to get in the reputed IIM’s ( Indian Institute of Management) and 90th percentile in XAT ( Management Exam for XLRI - Xavier School of Management)
Multiple projects in Robotics and designed various prototypes using basic principles of robotics and have done an internship in a PSU regarding steam engines

Final project in College related to Robotics – 6 degree Stewart Gough Platform
I have been to multiple industries such as steel pant , iron ore plant and a couple of thermodynamic industries to see the functioning of machines and an automobile industry as well to see the understanding of manufacture of components.
Softwares learned - CAD/CAM , Catia , Solid Works , Pro-E , Ansys (taught during academic rigour ) along with the normal C , C++ , Blue Java , MS office etc.

Q) Do you have a specific Company to work for? - I do not have a specific company to work for. My areas of interest are marketing and consulting . Of course every aspirant desires to be in the best of the best companies. Rather than working for a company would love to have company of my own down the line

Q) what do i want from my MBA? - I want my MBA to provide the knowledge n specific skills to run a business. It comes with experience i am sure but an MBA adds value and can make one think better in terms of the business. I would like to start a company of my own. My father has his own business and i want to diversify its services . A marketing related MBA would help me to make my company more reachable to cater to the needs of clients. At this stage my answer isn't clear and might be vague but i still haven't put a thought to it . Mostly like i wish MBA helps me better to run a business

Q) Mba full time/part time - I would want to do an MBA full time (2/1 year is fine) . I turned 25 last week so at the moment thinking i could use 2 years for an MBA unless a one year MBA suits me more. I am willing to relocate and looking for schools in India , US , UK , Singapore

Areas of Interest - Marketing / Consulting
Dream School – Kellog (Marketing)

What schools would you suggest to apply to based on this Profile assuming i still score a 710 in my retake . Targeting R1 this year , want to join a school in 2018

Other schools on my mind - Yale , Oxford , NUS , NTU , ISB . Also do i stand a chance at Harvard/ Stanford / Haas ( the elite ) if not what can i do to solidify my application for applying to these schools. I would like to apply to 6 schools One in India (ISB) , 3 In the United States , 1 in UK , 1 in Singapore , i haven't given much of a thought but any advice here would help

Target Score for Retake - 740 (QA 50 VA 40) , owing to my poor academics , i thought of giving the exam another shot and I represent a demography of very high scores

Regards,
HK

P.S - sorry for keeping it long , i might have missed out anything , feel free to ask something if it is missing
Expert Post
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2017, 10:45
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Hello Expert,

GMAT - 710( QA 49 VA 36 IR - 7/8 AWA 6/6 )

Ethnicity- Indian
Male , 25 years old
Btech (Mechanical) - 2013 - 69% [ Under grad]
12th - 2009 -87%
10th (ICSE) - 2007 - 75%

Work Experience - 43 months as on Date will reach 48 months by August ( At the time of applying will have around 49-50 months work experience)

I am currently working as a business development executive at a startup and have worked with a government agency to design some training programs for their employees to effectively use social media for better E-Governance and have worked on building an android application along with successful launching of a online platform designed for certain companies. ( working for about 2 years here).Working alongside here , My father owns an advertising agency in which i play a role too because it is a family business and i need to look after when he is away and have helped create logos for the Government of Telangana. I am from Hyderabad , India and Telangana is the State. So i do not know how to leverage this work because in my own personal opinion I think it is great to have worked on a few government projects and design logos for it. The logo is evident on their websites and posters and all over the city . So i think i can give me some edge but any opinion regarding this will be considered. Prior to this i worked with Google for a year via a third party. I worked there as a business analyst.

EC

Sports - Swimming, basket ball , kabbadi , table tennis and badminton , Boxing .
Won the 1st Place in basketball at College (team event) .
Participated in multiple university and state level competitions . (table tennis)
Participated in a national level debate and Adjourned best speaker in a debate at a college level event.
Winner of an Extempore at a national level technical fest
Participated in multiple public speaking events and debates
The president of a Student Body in college for 2 years until the end of graduation undertaking lot of responsibilities and conducting multiple events
Organiser of the Sports Fest for 3 years along with a team under me and successfully organised multiple events. Along with Organizing as a sports player had to participate thus managing both organizing and playing.

I was the anchor for the Annual Day for 2 years and conducted the event in a splendid fashion
Class representative and event organiser for the college Fest for 4 years
Musical instruments learned - Keyboard , Guitar
Performed in the annual day and formed an own band during the college days and participated in college events.
learnt Classical singing for over 11 years and still learning
An active member of NSS during college and couple with the other activities i had , went on to form events to distribute food , books , clothes to the needy and have taught maths and physics to the needy .
Associated with an NGO as well , hope this help in application process

Academic Projects and Achievements

Always in the reckoning of the class - top 5%
95th percentile in CAT ( Management Exam in India) a neccesity to get in the reputed IIM’s ( Indian Institute of Management) and 90th percentile in XAT ( Management Exam for XLRI - Xavier School of Management)
Multiple projects in Robotics and designed various prototypes using basic principles of robotics and have done an internship in a PSU regarding steam engines

Final project in College related to Robotics – 6 degree Stewart Gough Platform
I have been to multiple industries such as steel pant , iron ore plant and a couple of thermodynamic industries to see the functioning of machines and an automobile industry as well to see the understanding of manufacture of components.
Softwares learned - CAD/CAM , Catia , Solid Works , Pro-E , Ansys (taught during academic rigour ) along with the normal C , C++ , Blue Java , MS office etc.

Q) Do you have a specific Company to work for? - I do not have a specific company to work for. My areas of interest are marketing and consulting . Of course every aspirant desires to be in the best of the best companies. Rather than working for a company would love to have company of my own down the line

Q) what do i want from my MBA? - I want my MBA to provide the knowledge n specific skills to run a business. It comes with experience i am sure but an MBA adds value and can make one think better in terms of the business. I would like to start a company of my own. My father has his own business and i want to diversify its services . A marketing related MBA would help me to make my company more reachable to cater to the needs of clients. At this stage my answer isn't clear and might be vague but i still haven't put a thought to it . Mostly like i wish MBA helps me better to run a business

Q) Mba full time/part time - I would want to do an MBA full time (2/1 year is fine) . I turned 25 last week so at the moment thinking i could use 2 years for an MBA unless a one year MBA suits me more. I am willing to relocate and looking for schools in India , US , UK , Singapore

Areas of Interest - Marketing / Consulting
Dream School – Kellog (Marketing)

What schools would you suggest to apply to based on this Profile assuming i still score a 710 in my retake . Targeting R1 this year , want to join a school in 2018

Other schools on my mind - Yale , Oxford , NUS , NTU , ISB . Also do i stand a chance at Harvard/ Stanford / Haas ( the elite ) if not what can i do to solidify my application for applying to these schools. I would like to apply to 6 schools One in India (ISB) , 3 In the United States , 1 in UK , 1 in Singapore , i haven't given much of a thought but any advice here would help

Target Score for Retake - 740 (QA 50 VA 40) , owing to my poor academics , i thought of giving the exam another shot and I represent a demography of very high scores

Regards,
HK

P.S - sorry for keeping it long , i might have missed out anything , feel free to ask something if it is missing

Thanks for reaching out!

First of all, your profile is well rounded and interesting but unfortunately you come from an over represented group, so a 740 would really go a long way for the schools you have mentioned. If they are realistic or not also depends on your application, I am not completely convinced that they are all possible for you, I am thinking that the very top US schools (lets say top 10) could still be out of reach for your unfortunately, but anything below that should be possible with a good application and a 740. (If we are talking non-US schools even the top ones should be possible, however)

Now, should you application be AMAZING and something really unique, maybe you have a chance even in the top 10, but I do see that as a stretch at this point.

Hope that helps!

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 10

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2017, 23:13
Aringo wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Thanks for reaching out!

First of all, your profile is well rounded and interesting but unfortunately you come from an over represented group, so a 740 would really go a long way for the schools you have mentioned. If they are realistic or not also depends on your application, I am not completely convinced that they are all possible for you, I am thinking that the very top US schools (lets say top 10) could still be out of reach for your unfortunately, but anything below that should be possible with a good application and a 740. (If we are talking non-US schools even the top ones should be possible, however)

Now, should you application be AMAZING and something really unique, maybe you have a chance even in the top 10, but I do see that as a stretch at this point.

Hope that helps!

Hello ,
Thank you for the much needed response , fortunately or unfortunately being a student from India is why i have chosen to retake the gmat , also i am looking at just one of the top 10 programs in the US with a 20-35% chance of getting in , would love to build a profile specific towards such a school , but it that doesn't happen , the way my profile is targeted for a top school will automatically help me with other schools . Will get back once my gmat is done. Thanks

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.65
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 59

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2017, 16:42
Hi Aringo !

Thanks for this opportunity. I am going to apply on this December/January next year for my several dream schools.

Below is my profile :

1. Indonesian, 30 years old
2. Undergraduate degree : Food Technology from non-top Indonesian university with GPA 3.65.
3. Work experience : 8 years in the Indonesia's largest food processing company (appr. 5 billion in revenue).
4. Work experience include middle management position (manager) across the country.
5. No international working experience, though will be heading to UK to attend Pre-MBA program (and to increase my English fluency)
6. Haven't taken GMAT already, planning to do it on this July. Going to take extra miles to achieve minimum 715 score.
7. Extracurricular activities : (only mention three among many)
- Executive Council of Student - as a President (it happened 10 years ago, I think it is not necessary to mention for now).
- Head of Mentoring Program in community service - a scholarship plus mentoring program that helps children maximize their potential.
- Founder of youth community.
On the bottom line, I can bundle up my extracurricular activities and my passion with several key terms : helping young people to reach their dreams and expanding their educational opportunity.

Short term goal : change sector to non-profit or social impact startup
Long term goal : establish social entrepreneur movement that emphasizes in helping kids reach their dreams.

My target school and program : Full Time MBA with great social impact initiatives, including : Yale SOM; Berkeley Haas; Michigan Ross; Fuqua and Oxford.

Look forward to your feedback about my profile, will appreciate that so much!
Expert Post
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 11:18
septwibowo wrote:
Hi Aringo !

Thanks for this opportunity. I am going to apply on this December/January next year for my several dream schools.

Below is my profile :

1. Indonesian, 30 years old
2. Undergraduate degree : Food Technology from non-top Indonesian university with GPA 3.65.
3. Work experience : 8 years in the Indonesia's largest food processing company (appr. 5 billion in revenue).
4. Work experience include middle management position (manager) across the country.
5. No international working experience, though will be heading to UK to attend Pre-MBA program (and to increase my English fluency)
6. Haven't taken GMAT already, planning to do it on this July. Going to take extra miles to achieve minimum 715 score.
7. Extracurricular activities : (only mention three among many)
- Executive Council of Student - as a President (it happened 10 years ago, I think it is not necessary to mention for now).
- Head of Mentoring Program in community service - a scholarship plus mentoring program that helps children maximize their potential.
- Founder of youth community.
On the bottom line, I can bundle up my extracurricular activities and my passion with several key terms : helping young people to reach their dreams and expanding their educational opportunity.

Short term goal : change sector to non-profit or social impact startup
Long term goal : establish social entrepreneur movement that emphasizes in helping kids reach their dreams.

My target school and program : Full Time MBA with great social impact initiatives, including : Yale SOM; Berkeley Haas; Michigan Ross; Fuqua and Oxford.

Look forward to your feedback about my profile, will appreciate that so much!

Hi and thanks for reaching out!

I would say your profile has a lot of potential (as an Indonesian candidate, working for a large Indonesian company you stand out from the crowd for sure), but I am missing a lot of information here in order to give you a fair and full assessment, your final GMAT score of course being one of the more important parts of the puzzle. But I would also need to know a bit more about your career progression, promotions, more details about what exactly you do etc.

And needless to say, as you are targeting some of the top schools out there, you would need some “secret sauce” in terms of a very interesting essays, unusual stories, experiences etc. in order to have a fighting chance. Based on what you’ve written so far, it is really hard for me to judge if you have anything like that to add to your essays.

So basically I need more detail from you. Now, if you feel uncomfortable sharing too many details here on a public forum, please feel free to contact us using the ARINGO form on our website for a free consultation instead: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Re: Ask ARINGO - if your GMAT is (or might be) below 720   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2017, 11:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   [ 848 posts ]