Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [3]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [2]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
My best regards and a warm welcome to the Cambridge Admissions Team!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [1]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
Welcome!

We are very delighted to have Admissions Team of Judge Business School here. I think both the applicants and Judge Business School wil lbenefit from communication and Q&A process.

If you need any assitance, please let me know I will be glad to help you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
The cambridge website says "Enquiries can be submitted via the Cambridge MBA portal"

However after logging to the portal , i don't see any place where i can ask any question.
Could you please redirect me to the correct place.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa, StartingBloc
Schools:Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Stanford, MIT, Chicago, Columbia
Send PM
Kudos
Why don't any of the top 3(ish) UK schools (LBS, Oxford, Cambridge) accept the GRE?

I'm coming from a top 10 US school, have a good GPA, a master's degree, and will be applying to the top 5 US MBA programs. I'd love to consider some of these 1-year programs in the UK, but I've only taken the GRE and I don't want to sit for the GMAT just so I can send out one or two more applications.

Are there plans at Cambridge to change this policy in the future?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
CambridgeMBA wrote:
Welcome to the official University of Cambridge Judge Business School Thread!

Welcome to GMATClub forums, Conrad.

As a Cambridge MBA grad, I had a fantastic time at the Judge Business School.

When I was an applicant, unlike for most other bschools, there was very little information about the Cambridge MBA on discussion forums. It was almost like the bschool world's best kept secret. There was more speculation on the forums than real facts.

I went ahead and applied after a whole lot of independent research. And clichéd as it may sound, the Cambridge experience surpassed my expectations in all aspects - education, social life, networking and career.

So I'm glad to see proactive official initiatives like these to reach out to the global applicant community.

More power to the program and the Cambridge brand. Good luck.
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@Mikeharv. We don't have plans to adopt the GRE yet. I think most schools in the UK and Europe are adopting a wait and see approach, to ascertain how to compare GRE and GMAT scores. I know Insead already accepts both. From my conversations with my US counterparts in some of the top schools that you mentioned, they have found that most applicants still take both the GRE and the GMAT. However, I am sure that with time, there will be more candidates like yourself who will only take one of the two tests and that will force schools like ourselves to review our position.

@prerna0417 It all depends on individuals' career plans. Some doctors have gone back to medical practice, others have gone to biotech. Do you have a particular career interest in mind, or is it still quite general at this moment?
Send PM
Kudos
@prerna0417 Rather than think about whether your goals are specific/realistic enough to satisfy someone else (be it an MBA admissions committee or a recruiter), why don't you ask yourself what are the goals that excite you the most, why you chose them, and think through how your profile/past experience matches up. You could talk to people who work in the areas that you want to work in to find out employment opportunities (does the sector hire in large numbers? what are the hiring processes?) and also what are they looking for. Give yourself several options and work from there. Good luck!
Send PM
Kudos
For everyone's info, Forbes released their biennial MBA rankings last week. The CAmbridge MBA was ranked 5th among 1 year non-US programmes.

I have written more details in my blog but I am happy to take any comments/questions here.
https://www.thecambridgembaadmissions.co ... a-ranking/

Conrad Chua
Head, MBA Admissions
University of Cambridge Judge Business School
Send PM
Kudos
@BlueRobin

If you have completed a full-time Masters degree in the UK, we can give you a waiver. Please note though that us giving you a waiver does not necessarily absolve you of any other English requirements that the UK Border Agency might have when you apply for a visa.

Good luck.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Send PM
Kudos
@maxmoju

We're trying to get some advice on any new changes but the post-study work visa was supposed to close anyway, and our non-EU students from last year had to accept a job offer during the period of their student visa.

As far as I understand it, the limits on student visas pertain to how many different degrees a non-EU student could study for while in the UK. The issue was some students kept applying for new visas by studying for a different degree whenever they finished studying for their current degree.

As always, I should say that I am not an immigration solicitor and so these are just preliminary comments. I will have more to say when we receive some expert opinion on this.

Kind regards.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Send PM
Kudos
I am not sure how many people here are based in Africa but this is a post that I wrote about our outreach plans for South Africa this coming admissions year.
https://www.thecambridgembaadmissions.co ... hy-africa/

The Director of the MBA Programme and the Director of the Masters of Finance Programme will be visiting Joburg and Cape Town on 26th and 30th July respectively. They will host information sessions and you can find more details and register at the appropriate links below

https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/mba/meetus/201 ... etown.html
https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/mba/meetus/201 ... sburg.html

Sadly, I won't be attending either of the sessions but I hope they will be of interest to some of the people on this forum.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Send PM
Kudos
@kmano

I am not sure what you mean by the UK being a difficult place for MBAs. I think you will find that globally, there is a lot of pressure on certain types of jobs, so investment banking for one is very badly hit and people are finding it difficult to get jobs regardless of whether they have an MBA, or even have lots of experience. That is not to say that it is impossible to get into these sectors, just that it takes a combination of great determination and strong track record.

In terms of the visa, an MBA from a UK university is effectively, the only route into the UK job market for a non-EU citizen. Non-EU citizens who graduate with an MBA from a UK university have to accept a job offer within the length of their student visa in order to stay in the UK. At the moment, they are not counted towards the quota of non-EU citizens nor are they subject to a labour market test.

The latest employment report will be published soon. The overall numbers are on our website. Electives are finalised throughout the year but you can see the list of this year's electives on the website.

Conrad
Send PM
Kudos
@goddy

You can apply but because you do not meet the minimum requirements, you will be asked to take a proficiency test if you were made an offer. Depending on the results of that proficiency test, we might either ask you to retake the TOEFL or take an English class.

@Ducksworth ---Spouses cannot attend the MBA classes, but they can use some of the university facilities as well as some facilities in colleges, depending on the individual college policy. In Cambridge, the spouses typically self-organise their own events.

Conrad
@CambridgeMBA
Send PM
Kudos
Yes, there is a Cambridge Business Students Club which includes students from the MBA, the Masters in Finance and other programmes in the business school.

In addition, there are other clubs such as Finance, Entrepreneurship etc. and a plethora of clubs in the University itself, e.g. Cambridge Entrepreneurs, Cambridge University Technology Entrepreneurship Club etc

Conrad Chua
@CambridgeMBA on twitter
Send PM
Kudos
We typically invite about 30% of applicants to interview but in this round, there were a lot of strong candidates so there was a higher percentage.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
@CambridgeMBA
Send PM
Kudos
@ankurjay

Sorry for the delay in replying, I missed the notification email.

I can't comment on the suitability of individual cases, but my advice to everyone is to think about what you hope to get out of an MBA, whether you could do what you want to do without an MBA. If it is a career transition that you are looking for, then find someone in the target industry and ask them if an MBA would make the difference in your suitability.

All the best.

Conrad Chua
@CambridgeMBA on twitter
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cambridge'16
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Conrad,

I have a few questions about the interview process at CJBS. What percentage of applicants are invited to interview and what are usually the odds of acceptance once an interview has been conducted?

Thank you so much for being so responsive and prompt on this forum! It has been a great resource.

Best,
Summer
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts