Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]
bonnierong2010 wrote:
Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.

I have a question about my submission status:

I submitted my application on 10/5 7 AM, and I got an email notifying the status change on 10/5 9 AM. The status was changed to: Your application is now being printed and prepared for review.

However, my two recommendations were not submitted then until around deadline.

Since then, my status has kept being: Submitted. Your application is now being printed and prepared for review...

I wonder whether the unchange of my status means I'm after other candidates who submitted apps earlier than me so it's not my turn yet, or means the late submission of recommendations does harm to the review priority of my package?

Many thanks to your answers!

Hi bonnierong2010,

Thank you for submitting your application! If your recommenders did not submit your application would be incomplete. We cannot review applications until they are complete, which includes recommendations. If your recommenders submitted after you sent us your application and your application status is incomplete please contact us at apply@gsb.columbia.edu and we will update your application. If they have not submitted we will not be able to begin reviewing your application until the recommenders are in our system.

I hope this helps.

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
bonnierong2010 wrote:

I submitted my application on 10/5 7 AM, and I got an email notifying the status change on 10/5 9 AM. The status was changed to: Your application is now being printed and prepared for review.

Since then, my status has kept being: Submitted. Your application is now being printed and prepared for review...

I wonder whether the unchange of my status means I'm after other candidates who submitted apps earlier than me so it's not my turn yet, or means the late submission of recommendations does harm to the review priority of my package?

Hi bonnierong2010,

Thank you for submitting your application! If your recommenders did not submit your application would be incomplete. We cannot review applications until they are complete, which includes recommendations. If your recommenders submitted after you sent us your application and your application status is incomplete please contact us at apply@gsb.columbia.edu and we will update your application. If they have not submitted we will not be able to begin reviewing your application until the recommenders are in our system.

I hope this helps.

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply.
I cannot find whether my status is "complete" or "incomplete". It just says:
Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 10/5/2011 7:13:00 AM EST
Your application is now being printed and prepared for review.
Recommendation Providers:
XX: Submitted, 10/6/2011 (which is actually 12:00 AM EST, 10/6)
XX: Submitted, 10/5/2011

Should I still email the admission office to update my information?

Thanks.
Send PM
bonnierong2010 wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
bonnierong2010 wrote:

Hi bonnierong2010,

I hope this helps.

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Hi Matthew,

Should I still email the admisson office to update my information?

Thanks.

Hi bonnierong2010,

This means your application is still being processed. I recommend waiting until you receive an e-mail about your next status update. You should allow up to three weeks for another status update; however they usually happen much sooner.

Regards,

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
bonnierong2010 wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Hi bonnierong2010,

I hope this helps.

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Hi Matthew,

Should I still email the admisson office to update my information?

Thanks.

Hi bonnierong2010,

This means your application is still being processed. I recommend waiting until you receive an e-mail about your next status update. You should allow up to three weeks for another status update; however they usually happen much sooner.

Regards,

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Thanks, Matthew.
Then I'll wait for the status change email.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Thanks for being on this board.

I submitted regular decision and was wondering how this year's process is going compared to previous years. Are regular decisions still reviewed around mid-December? It seems as though some people take only ~20 days (ED applicants) between submission and having a decision rendered. Seems like at the 20 days rate regular decision applicants might be able to get reviewed even earlier. Do you think that will be the case?
Send PM
robface wrote:
Thanks for being on this board.

I submitted regular decision and was wondering how this year's process is going compared to previous years. Are regular decisions still reviewed around mid-December? It seems as though some people take only ~20 days (ED applicants) between submission and having a decision rendered. Seems like at the 20 days rate regular decision applicants might be able to get reviewed even earlier. Do you think that will be the case?

Hi robface,

Thank you for submitting your application. We will begin reviewing RD applications in December; however it is difficult to gauge if the timeline for review will be shorter. You should allow 8-12 weeks to receive your decision from when your application goes under review even if you submitted your RD application and it we begin reviewing it in December.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Hi,

I had applied ED but received a denied without interview decision update yesterday (after 1 month of submitting). I wanted to check if CBS offers any feedback, once the admissions season is over? I know you mention on your website that you don't, but a current student I know mentioned this may not be the case this year and he knew of people who received feedback in the past? Wanted to confirm with you.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
:-D

Originally posted by ciduo777 on 13 Oct 2011, 13:16.
Last edited by ciduo777 on 15 Oct 2011, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
str1der wrote:
Hi,

I had applied ED but received a denied without interview decision update yesterday (after 1 month of submitting). I wanted to check if CBS offers any feedback, once the admissions season is over? I know you mention on your website that you don't, but a current student I know mentioned this may not be the case this year and he knew of people who received feedback in the past? Wanted to confirm with you.

Thanks

Hi st1der,

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear you were not offered a spot in our class. We do not offer individual feedback and do not think this policy will change. We simply do not have the resources to meet the number of requests. You can do a self assessment of your application at https://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/learnmore/faqs#5

Best of luck going forward.

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
Matthew,

Like the others, I too am thankful (and impressed) that Columbia has representation on this board. Very cool!

Can you advise on timeline for ED applicants? I had my interview some 3 weeks ago, and the feedback was submitted almost the next day if I remember correctly.

Thanks again!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
NoggieViking wrote:
Matthew,

Like the others, I too am thankful (and impressed) that Columbia has representation on this board. Very cool!

Can you advise on timeline for ED applicants? I had my interview some 3 weeks ago, and the feedback was submitted almost the next day if I remember correctly.

Thanks again!

Hi NoggieViking,

You should allow up to 12 weeks for a decision. We do our best to render decisions in a timely manner, but please allow for 12 weeks from when your application went under review. There isn't a specific timeline for a decision after an interview is complete.

Good luck!

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Thank you very much for replying to my question.

Have a good weekend all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi Matthew,

I was invited to conduct interview with an alumni. But I was unable to schedule an interview within 2 weeks because I have to undergo some medical treatment next week. I can only set my interview date at early November, when is nearly 1 month after my interview notification. I know the interview is recommended to be conducted within two weeks. Do you think this delay will affect my chance of admission. Do I need to email the adcom to state my situation?

Thank you very much and look forward to your reply.

Shy
Send PM
shy7013 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

I was invited to conduct interview with an alumni. But I was unable to schedule an interview within 2 weeks because I have to undergo some medical treatment next week. I can only set my interview date at early November, when is nearly 1 month after my interview notification. I know the interview is recommended to be conducted within two weeks. Do you think this delay will affect my chance of admission. Do I need to email the adcom to state my situation?

Shy

Dear Shy,

Thank you for your question. I suggest contacting us directly about this. You can direct your e-mail to apply@gsb.columbia.edu and we will help you with next steps.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
shy7013 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Shy

Dear Shy,

Thank you for your question. I suggest contacting us directly about this. You can direct your e-mail to apply@gsb.columbia.edu and we will help you with next steps.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Matthew Moll
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Hi Mattew, thanks for your reply. I have e-mailed the admissions and look forward to your reply. Hope my delay won't ruin my chance of admission. Thank you very much.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
Send PM
If I've run my own business for the last couple of years, does it make sense to have a client to write a recommendation? I ask because the instructions specify a direct supervisor or a senior professional associate for both recommendations. I can get both recommendations from a previous employer, but I thought that including a recommendation from a current client might provide an interesting perspective.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi Matt,

Thank you for being on this forum and offering friendly Q&A. I am sure everyone here greatly appreciates this.

I am an international J-term applicant. I had my alumni interview ~1.5 weeks ago and have not had an update on my application status since. From reading on this forum, I have learned that most people proceed from the actual interview to "interview complete" status within a couple days. Is there anything I can/should do in my situation?

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Thank you Matt.

It is most comforting to hear this!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators: