Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Re: Ask Fortuna Admissions [#permalink]
Hello and Happy New Year!

If you could spare the time to evaluate my profile, it would be greatly appreciated! Any and all feedback and comments are welcome.

Ethnicity:
Korean-American

Academics:
Top 10 U.S. University (not known for engineering)
GPA: 3.61 (Majored in Mechanical Engineering and Minored in Finance)

GMAT:
740 (49Q, 41V)
(2nd attempt; thinking about retaking the GMAT again to achieve a score of 760+ due to my demographic)

Experience:
Engineer
100% in the aerospace industry (including internships)

Current Job:
Engineer at Fortune 100 Aerospace Engineering Firm

Intended Post-MBA Career:
1.) Management consulting (MBB), using my experiences in the engineering industry (both small and large firms) to help clients with problems unique to the intersection of business and engineering.
Or
2.) Program Manager at current company, using my engineering background, industry experience, and business education from an MBA.

MBA Schools:
Reach: HBS, Stanford, Wharton, MIT, Booth, Columbia
Target: Kellogg, Haas, Ross, Stern

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Dear Team,

Please review my profile :

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 2.78
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting or finance.

· Target schools: Darden, Ross, Tuck, Duke, Tepper, Rotman, Stern, McCombs, Mendoza

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.
· Any specific questions you would like answered by our team: I know I would not be getting into top schools, but, what are the best schools for which my profile is suited?

Regards,
theleopride
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
ChristineFortuna wrote:

Welcome to Fortuna Admissions!

Fortuna Admissions is a unique team of former Directors and Associate Directors of MBA Admissions from top tier business schools, including:

• Harvard Business School
  • Stanford GSB
  • Wharton
  • INSEAD
  • Chicago Booth
  • London Business School
  • Kellogg
  • NYU Stern,
  • IE Business School
  • UC Berkeley Haas

We have personally reviewed tens of thousands of applications from candidates from all over the world. But that’s not all. We’ve also shaped admissions policy, devised the application processes, and had the final say on who gets in. We know the inside track – what goes on behind the closed doors of Admissions Committees, how your candidacy will stand up versus the competition, and how you can best maximize your chances of gaining a coveted place in a top MBA program.

Our experience gives you a level of MBA admissions insight that you won’t find anywhere else. With our passion for coaching, we can help you bring out the best in yourself so you truly shine in your application and interviews.

From initial orientation and school selection, through thoughtful essay editing and recommender support, to mock interviews and reapplication strategy, our experience and insight will help you stand out in your business school applications.

Please take a look at our services to find the option that is best suited to your needs. We’d also like to invite you to our free 30-minute consultation where we can discuss anything that’s on your mind – your profile, your chances of admission at your dream school(s), or even a tailored service package if you need something that is not covered on these pages.

Check out our website to read MBA admissions articles that we regularly provide for major media such as Forbes, the FT, BusinessWeek, P&Q, and The Economist. Lastly, don’t forget to request your complimentary copy of the Fortuna Admissions Insider’s Top Tips for the world’s top business schools, filled with insider perspectives and advice to improve your chances of admissions success.

Feel free to use this thread to reach out to us with any questions you might have about Fortuna and/or admissions to the world’s best business schools.
We look forward to talking to you!
The Fortuna Team

Background and nationality - Indian (male), age at application - 26, Business education (Undergrad and post-grad from top tier institutes in India)
GMAT: 730 -740 (Realistic target)
Undergrad Gpa- 7.48(equivalent to 4.0 acc to gmac)- top 30%

Post grad Gpa - 2.93/4.33 from IIM (top 30% of class)
Common Admission Test 2015 (GMAT equivalent for Indian bschools, 200,000 test takers in a year) - 98.5 percentile

Work experience and leadership - 3.5 years (during application) CPG firm in India, led a team of 10+ management graduates for all these 3.5 yrs, youngest and fastest to get promoted, youngest state head, highest growth and achievement nos. in first 2 years

Recommendations from Pan India Heads

Community and others -

Volunteering at a school for special needs children - mostly kids who don't have resources for correct diagnosis - tried to teach them nuances of human interaction and to make them independent in their daily tasks

Hosted a tedx event and achieved a blackbelt in martial arts, opportunity to represent country and state in international and national competitions

Post MBA goals - transition to consulting in CPG/manufacturing and then start an entrepreneurial venture

zero international experience, but experienced many cultures in India

Ideal GMAt score considering my background?
Which schools shall I target - Stretch, Realistic, Safety? (open to european schools, and only stem in usa)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi Team,

Wanted to know your thoughts on my profile.

· Demographics (nationality, gender): India, Male

· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Bachelors in Economics from a top 5 college in India

· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 740 (Q50, V41)

· Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure): Working as an Associate at a MBB's research arm for 3 years in the Private Equity Group. Leading a team of 5 people, and working with Bain case teams from across the world (but majorly EMEA and North America). On track for an early promotion this cycle to Project Lead.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones): National level football player, President and Founder of a consulting society (adjourned the 2nd best in the world and the best in APAC)

· Post-MBA goals: Move to MBB/ATK (consulting, not research)

· Target schools: NYU, Columbia, Yale, INSEAD, LBS

· Any specific questions you would like answered by our team: Any experience with people working in the backend arms of MBB? It is still considered very prestigious here in India, not sure how it is perceived abroad. It considered way better than a big 4 consulting role for sure, here.
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi livfcind,

Your profile seems really strong from what I am seeing so far.
Strong academics (congrats on great Gmat score!), MBB from male Indian applicant definitely sets you apart, managing others already, working with prominent firms, good extracurriculars/leadership role - have you done any community work of volunteering? And some int'l experience it looks like too which will appeal to the int' schools. All great criteria for b-schools. It really comes down to examples of leadership that you have taken, results achieved, how you stand out from others etc. If you worked with us at Fortuna we would try and get to know you at a very deep level and help identify which professional and personal stories would capture the attention of admissions committees. If you'd like to set up a free consultation with us after we've reviewed your CV, you can sign up here: https://fortunaadmissions.com/free_consult/

As for your last question, do you mean if anyone on our team has MBB experience? Quite a few of our coaches have worked for MBB firms and we have all worked with clients coming from this industry.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks and good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,
I'm interested in doing an MBA. Kindly review my profile. Sharing a snapshot of the same below.

Bio: Indian, M, 24yo
Undergrad: Comp Sci from top 5 colleges in India(IIT)
Undergrad GPA: 5.6, It is on the lower side bur from a very prestigious college.
GRE: 329(Q166 V163)
Current Role: Project manager
Current Sector: Finance & Investments
Work experience: Worked in a MNC for 2 years where I worked abroad a project of 3 months duration. Got a promotion from a junior level to a Cloud lead. I worked with cross functional teams in India and US heavily- going to show teamwork and adaptability.
Post this, I Moved into an equity Research firm as a Project lead. Currently working as Project lead since 5 months. I currently lead multiple projects standing as a common ground between the investments team and the tech side.
Total work experience: 36 months by the time of Joining.
Short term goals: Move into an investment firm and work on Portfolio research in the equity markets(Sell side).
Long term goals: Move into a Private equity firm/Hedge fund in the buy side.

Extras:
Worked as a volunteer for differently abled
National level chess player
Lead departments in national level Fests.
Worked on an incognito startup(Failed)(Not sure if I should mention this)

Referees: Manager and colleague
Target Schools (R2): Any of the top 25 in US
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I'm interested in doing an MBA. Kindly review my profile. Sharing a snapshot of the same below.

Bio: Indian, M, 24yo
Undergrad: Comp Sci from top 5 colleges in India(IIT)
Undergrad GPA: 5.6, It is on the lower side bur from a very prestigious college.
GRE: 329(Q166 V163)
Current Role: Project manager
Current Sector: Finance & Investments
Work experience: Worked in a MNC for 2 years where I worked abroad a project of 3 months duration. Got a promotion from a junior level to a Cloud lead. I worked with cross functional teams in India and US heavily- going to show teamwork and adaptability.
Post this, I Moved into an equity Research firm as a Project lead. Currently working as Project lead since 5 months. I currently lead multiple projects standing as a common ground between the investments team and the tech side.
Total work experience: 36 months by the time of Joining.
Short term goals: Move into an investment firm and work on Portfolio research in the equity markets(Sell side).
Long term goals: Move into a Private equity firm/Hedge fund in the buy side.

Extras:
Worked as a volunteer for differently abled
National level chess player
Lead departments in national level Fests.
Worked on an incognito startup(Failed)(Not sure if I should mention this)

Referees: Manager and colleague
Target Schools (R2): Any of the top 25 in US

Couple of questions:
1)Do you think I stand a better chance at top 15 colleges if I wait another year and then apply?
2)Do you think I should do a masters in the coming year and then later pursue a MBA?
3) Do ADCOM's consider an MBA post Masters positively?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I would love to hear your opinion on my brief profile.

Targeting INSEAD Jan intake R1, Kellogg 1yr MBA R2 and MBB consulting after that.

GMAT score: 730 (Q50, V40, IR 7)

Demography: 32 years, Male Indian

Undergraduation: Computer Science Engineer from NIT-Trichy (Ranked consistently in Top 10 engineering institutes in India)
CGPA: 8.62/10 (First class with Distinction)

Postgraduation: MBA (2 year full time flagship PGP course) from IIM-Ahmedabad (Harvard MBA-equivalent & consistently ranked #1 MBA in India)
CGPA: 2.777/3

Work experience (in brief):
Current total work experience of 8.5 years:
• Last 4.5 years of work experience in technology (SaaS-based software) sales roles (business development & account management) in mid & leadership levels across 2 emerging companies (each with an annual revenue of ~20 million USD). Led teams sized 12 account managers in one of the organizations where I got promoted twice.
• 1.5 years in Product Marketing in a Fortune 500 software MNC. Awarded the best new joiner of the year across 40 B-school recruits. Won the best marketing campaign award by US-based HQ office, organized across 13 geographies. Won Quarterly Spot award – conceived & executed marketing strategies to sell Cloud at 140 universities
• 2-month summer internship during my MBA in Strategy & BD at a Fortune 500 company
• 2.5 years in technology consulting (pre-MBA) in a niche boutique consulting firm where I worked closely with US-based tech law firms & US-based Fortune 500 tech companies. Got promoted once. Helped a client receive settlement of USD 20 million in damages against seven Fortune 500 retail banks
• Will be joining a Fortune 500 technology company in a Sales role next month
• All above work locations in India

International exposure details:
• During my work experience at the niche boutique consulting firm, I worked with US-based tech law firms & US-based Fortune 500 tech companies to deliver ROI on tech intellectual property & perform due diligence. Worked in the US for about 3 months in 2011. Travelled to meet & work closely with clients in 6 cities across east coast and west coast in the US.
• During my MBA at IIM-Ahmedabad, as a part of the student exchange program, I did one term (3 months) at France Business School in 2013. Did a backpacking tour to 14 countries in Europe during the exchange program.
• During my product marketing role with the Fortune 500 software MNC, I worked closely with teams across geographies to orchestrate global marketing campaigns. Travelled to the USA for marketing training workshop & events.
• Personal immersion trips with family (not sure if these count): A 2-week holiday trip across multiple cities in Japan in 2016, a 2-week holiday trip across Thailand in 2017 and a 10-day holiday trip to Dubai in 2019
• Currently learning Spanish and targeting to clear the SIELE global exam A1 within the next 2 months

Extracurriculars:
• Trained in Indian Classical vocal music for 15 years. Performed across venues during school & college days, with concert reviews in leading newspapers. Winner of multiple awards in school & college
• Performed in English plays, attended by 300-people & reviewed in leading newspapers
• Cleared Mensa worldwide test – Top 2%. Member of Mensa international
• Active NSS volunteer, organized community service camps and tree-planting schemes at college

Other academic achievements:
CAT 2011 (Common Admission Test - India)
Taken on Oct 2011: 99.65 Percentile
Number of test takers - 189,000

AIEEE 2005 (All India Engineering Entrance Exam)
Taken on May 2005: 98.81 Percentile
Number of test takers - 800,000

Do you think I stand a chance of INSEAD interview & admit, or am I being too ambitious (given my lack of direct international work ex & above average 8.5 years current work ex)?

Can you also please suggest other B-schools as well (both Europe & US), given my profile & aspirations of MBB consulting?

Open to doing a brief pre-MBA internship or stint in a consulting/strategy/EA to CXO role once I get an MBA admit, to increase my chances of a shortlist with MBB consulting.

Given a choice, I would prefer a 1-year MBA (since I’ve already done a 2-year MBA), but open to a 2-year MBA if the internship helps pivot from sales into consulting/strategy.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback,

Thanks much!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ask any questions or profile evaluation requests to Fortuna Admissions here in this chatroom.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Target Schools:
-LBS, Insead, IESE, HEC Paris, Bocconi
All in round 1 in October for September 22’ intake

Nationality:
Argentinian

Education:
-BA in Business Administration from a prestigious university in Argentina (well known locally)
- Public Accountant degree in the same business school
-Postgraduate in Management at the same school
-CFA LEVEL 1 EXAM passed above the 90th percentile

Grade:
8.1 (scale 1-10) graduated with honors

GMAT:
690 Q46 V38 IR6
6 years of experience (7 when I start the program)
Current Role:
Equity Research Analyst at an international bank (1 year)

Previous Work Experience:
-4 years as a Credit risk analyst at the same bank
-1 year as a Trainee at the same bank

Extracurriculars:
- Helmsman, I love sailing.

Skills:
Excel, office, financial modeling

Languages:
-Spanish
-English
-Portuguese

Others:
-28 years old
-white male
- I hold a Spanish passport to work in Europe afterwords

Post MBA Goal:
- go to a more commercial role in a fintech in Europe.
my long term goal would be to start my own company to a more strategy oriented role providing consulting for startups
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools: ISB '23 (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V150
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Profile Evaluation for MBA 2022 Intake-
GMAT: 760
Duolingo: 145
Undergrad: 9.7 CGPA in Bachelor of Commerce(WES- US Equivalent Undergrad).
University: Lovely Professional University, Punjab
12th Grade: 92%
Work Experience: 2.5 yrs as Finance Associate in Largest Infrastructure Company of India- Promoted Twice in the period currently leading a team and managing finance of Two National Projects in India under the direct control of PM Office.
3 MOnths as a Process analyst intern in Telecom Company.
EC's - Hosted many events in Undergrad, District level Hockey Player won prizes in Undergrad, Been a part of Charitable organization for the past 5 years.
Certifications: CFA Level 1, CPMP and Online MOOC's over Analytics and Data Science.
Post-MBA goals - Want to transit in Product Management in FMCG.
Hope for the Comments.
Also, Please let me know if pursuing MBA in India or in Abroad is correct for my profile.
which schools can I apply for?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q162 V154
GPA: 2.29
Send PM
GMAT - not taken yet
ENGINEERING-6.4 - VBIT, JNTUH, Hyderabad
12th-89.3%
10th-8.8/10

Work experience :

1.Co-Founder and Director of an AR/VR Startup in Real estate & Architecture founded in 2017 during graduation (Registered in 2019).
2.Our Startup idea was originated at the ISB -TEP program. We have developed our product using Design Thinking, and This is the first time I have come across product management.
3.One of the Top 16 teams across the World Invited to the Global Demo Day(2018) by Angel Hack.
4.Presented at Angel Hack’s Global Demo Day(2018) in San Francisco.
5.Top 30 startup teams in India by AICTE.
6.We are at present incubated at T-Hub ( Hyderabad).
7. 3d Model and a VFX artist by hobby and have done multiple projects as a freelancer.

Projects worked on
1. Virtual tour for Devi seafood(Seafood exports company)
2. Virtual Tours created for T-Hub Phase 1 and Phase 2 (In progress)
3. Augmented Reality walkthrough for CRPF

Teaching :
1. Technology Facilitator at ISB - TEP
2. Training Engineering Students in Entrepreneurship and Product Development for the past two years.

Extracurriculars

1. Vice-chairperson for Robotics Club VBIT.
2. Conducted Workshops and Summer Training sessions on Animation, Video Editing, Home Automation and IoT.
3.Organiser of Cultural Fest VIBHA at college.
4. Involved in helping Aditya Mehta Foundation(helping Para Athletes) raise funds for their new facility by creating a 3d model and animated walkthrough for that facility.

Post MBA Goals:
Short term goal is to become a product manager in an AR/VR division of a Tech Company.
During my early days at ISB, I came across product management, which caught my interest and made me continue as a product manager in my startup and pushed me to mentor multiple students teams in Ideation and during the Product design of their projects.
Long Term Goals: To head the Product Management vertical of a company.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32888 [0]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
This room will be active on Tuesday June 15th from 10 AM PDT to 11 AM PDT during the MBA Spotlight Fair!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Target Schools:
-Cornell, NYU Stern, LBS, Insead, IESE, HEC Paris

Nationality:
Indian

Education:
-Bachelors in Commerce from a prestigious university in India
-Chartered Accountant from India. Equivalent to CPA

Grade:
8.1 (scale 1-10) graduated with honors

GMAT:
Yet to be given
3 years of experience
Current Role:
Senior Auditor at a Big4
-4 years as a Credit risk analyst at the same bank
-1 year as a Trainee at the same bank

Extracurriculars:
- Helmsman, I love sailing.

Skills:

Languages:
-Spanish
-English
-Portuguese

Others:
-28 years old
-white male
- I hold a Spanish passport to work in Europe afterwords

Post MBA Goal:
- go to a more commercial role in a fintech in Europe.
my long term goal would be to start my own company to a more strategy oriented role providing consulting for startups

Target Schools:
-Cornell, NYU Stern, LBS, Insead, IESE, HEC Paris

Nationality:
Indian

Education:
-Bachelors in Commerce from a prestigious university in India
-Chartered Accountant from India. Equivalent to CPA

Grade:
8.6 (scale 1-10)

GMAT:
Yet to be given
3 years of experience
Current Role:
Senior Auditor at a Big4
-Almost a year of experience in a early stage Fintech.

Extracurriculars:
- Music, trekking, Playing sports

Skills:

Languages:
-Hindi
-English

Others:
-27 years old

Post MBA Goal:
- go to a more consulting/ strategy role in a fintech/ Work for a fortune 500 Tech company in a similar role. Be well versed with ML, Business analytics

Originally posted by Kaustubh07 on 13 Jun 2021, 19:11.
Last edited by Kaustubh07 on 13 Jun 2021, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35 (Online)
Send PM
Profile valuation for 2022 Intake
- I am an Indian male. A mechanical engineer and a sociopreneur

GMAT: Haven’t taken yet. Expected : 650-700

- Undergrad: 9.16 CGPA in Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering. Topper in batch
10th grade: 9.4 CGPA 12th Grade: 84.1%

- Company: Aeronautical Development Agency, an autonomous organisation under
Ministry of Defence, India

- Role: Research Assistant for a project involving R&D of military fighter aircraft.
I started my career at ADA as a Structure Design Engineer. Post a performance assessment in my 2nd year, my role was expanded to program management activities, towards the roll-out of aircraft. Also, involved in projects to check the feasibility of upgradation of design/manufacturing environment with newer technologies such as digital manufacturing and implementation of Model Based Design.

Prior to this I worked for a start-up, which manufactures and provides solutions for automation material handling systems . Involved in complete design cycle providing solutions for the customer requirements, including installation at site.

- Work experience: 4.5 years
- Community activities: I’m a founder of a trek club. Have hosted and led more than 120 people in the last 3 years. Through this club we emphasize the notion of ‘travel with a responsibility’. This club is focussed towards travel, personal development (art), development of local players in tourism, green initiatives (plastic collection during the trek/hikes and proper disposal, planting saplings)

- Industry post MBA: Explore Venture capital and private equity space in Technology. And Expand my social-impact venture

- Additional details:
-Was a chief designer in a team of 15 highly enthusiastic engineers for the design and manufacturing of Go-Kart. My team stood in the top 10 among 84 teams from across India.
-School sports captain for 2 years, Actively take part in event organising in school, college and company I where I work.
-Participant in National level Yoga competition. I even conduct Yoga sessions at my workplace.
-Rajya Puraskar awardee (2nd highest honour in Scouts and Guides, India)
-Took part in district level High jump and Long jump competitions
-Have won 79 prizes in sports and athletics

-Target schools : Oxford Said, IE Business school, HEC Paris, IESE, Copenhagen Business School, NUS, NTU. US, schools I’ll decide based on my GMAT score.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Sex: Male
Citizenship: South Africa (Indian heritage, but was born in South Africa as was my family for several generations)

GMAT:
740: 49Q | 41V | 6 AWA | 8 IR (taken once, June 2020)

Academics:
- Bachelor of Business Science, dual major in Finance and Accounting at highest ranked university in South Africa/Africa
- 1st class pass, Dean’s Merit List all 4 years, graduated with Honours, finished top 1% of class, faculty scholarship all 4 years
- Tutor for several university faculties: taking 2-3 tutorials of 20-30 students each semester for 3 years across economics and information systems courses - also supported faculties with test/exam administering and essay marking
- Member of a number of on-campus societies; project leader for a business/finance-related undergraduate society and responsible for coordinating its largest ever intake of new students in a year
- 2-month exchange over summer break 2014/15 in Istanbul as a marketing intern for a political relations NGO

Work experience:

3 years MBB consulting:
- Broad industry experience (telecommunications, FMCG, marketing, insurance, retail, automotive, oil & gas - focusing on strategy and operations), clients included a mix of local, international, and government. 1 promotion over tenure.
- Extras: volunteer in the recruiting team - speaking at on-campus presentations, judging case competitions, holding briefing calls for applicants

3 years senior data analyst (current role) at international big data analytics and consulting firm, using consumer banking transactional data to generate insights on consumer behaviour in near real-time. 1 promotion to date:
- Senior team of the retail consulting team, delivering consumer and market reports to clients across multiple industries based off banking data - a first in the local market
- One project highlight was recently delivering a population-risk model to the National Department of Health of SA to help with their covid-19 vaccine program by identifying locations of at-risk populations and algorithmically determining optimal locations of vaccination sites
Extras: introduced new L&D system to better track professional development of analysts and consultants; developed new consulting skills training curriculum which I now deliver on a bi-annual basis; part of the new-employee onboarding team and also mentor to junior hires joining out of university

(continued below)

(continued from above)

Extra-curriculars:
- Pro-bono consulting work for a local social development NGO, supporting the launch of their newest development programs in South Africa. Work focused around strategy, communications, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation (2020 to date)
- 2 month exchange to the Palestinian territories to teach english at a local education center; developing the curriculum, taking classes and private lessons of students of all age groups - also used the time to explore and learn more about the region. (2015/16, in between graduating university and starting at the MBB).

MBA:
- ST goals: product manager in tech-innovation space (think Google X) to learn how to commercialize and bring niche tech innovations with social focus to market
- LT goals: launch my own venture in Africa focused on alleviating specific social issues through technological innovation
- Schools: Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, MIT Sloan, Chicago Booth, UC Berkeley, Michigan Ross, Duke Fuqua, CMU Tepper

Originally posted by TWIC on 15 Jun 2021, 06:36.
Last edited by TWIC on 15 Jun 2021, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Economics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.29
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian (American) 1st Generation College
Schools: Yale, Tuck, Booth, Wharton, Georgetown, Duke

GMAT
730: 49Q, 41V, 8IR, 6 AWA

Academics:
- BS in Finance from a Private Jesuit University (NE US)
- 3.3 Cumulative GPA, 3.4 in Major, 3.5 in minor
- Dean’s list Junior Year
- 75% Scholarship (Academic)
- Orientation and Freshman Mentor Leader
o Speaker at 2014 & 2015 Freshman Orientation
- Founder of Wounded Warrior Club, President of Food Drive
- Study abroad in Italy

Work Experience:
- 4 Years in Technology Consulting Company – Privately Held 10,000+ employees
- Focused in Business Development – selling services related to Data Analytics, Agile & Cloud Transformation.
- Promoted 4X – Now leading a national sales team of 6 focused within Financial Services (clients including AMEX, Mastercard, etc.)
- Helped build a fraud analytics program that has saved client $25MM to date – recognizing patterns in Fraud Rings and fake applications for credit cards.
- Previously led our team supporting an Ivy League University, growing annual revenues from $2MM to $10MM+ over a two-year stretch.
- Lead my office Employee Resource Group (ERG) focused on Community Engagement
- Part of Hiring Committee for my office group

Extra Curriculars:
- Volunteer for local organization focused on Education enablement and College Prep for first-generation students currently in high school. Mentoring them and doing mock interview/resume workshops
- Started charity for Veteran Suicide awareness – raising $10k+ for a local Vets’ home in my hometown.
- Taught myself guitar
- 4 handicap golfer

Goals:
- Short term: Work in consulting – ideally working my way into the Public Sector Practice
- Long Term: Lead the area of the Obama/Gates/Clinton Foundation focused on economic enablement in lower income areas through education. Creating Public/Private partnerships that educate for jobs that will exist for next 20 years rather than the past 40. (Tech, Analytics, Clean Energy, etc.).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  30