Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
INSEADadmissions wrote:
whwarg wrote:
Hi Camille,
I have a quick question.
I know that INSEAD will only consider the highest GMAT score. But does INSEAD care how many times one has written for the GMAT before getting the highest score? In other words, is there any difference whether the highest score was obtained in just 1 attempt or in 5 attempts?
Thanks in advance!!

Hi Whwarg,
A good portion of our student body take the GMAT more than once. 2 times, 3 times not a problem as long as you progress every time and as long as your score doesn't do the yo-yo. Past 4 test results, especially if taken over a short period of time, Admissions will start to question your abilities to learn from your mistakes... But, it's not a sufficient reason to deny admission. We never eliminate a candidate on the sole basis of a GMAT score. This is why the rest of your application is so important.

Cheers,
Camille

Thanks, Camille!
Two last doubts:
1) Is it fair to say that it should be fine as long as both Q and V percentiles have hit the 70-75% threshold in the same exam?
2) And does having passed the CFA Level 1 exam help to strengthen the Admission Committee's evaluation of my quantitative skills?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
Dear Camille,

I have applied for R1, January 2014. I may be getting ahead of myself here (as I'm still waiting to hear back for interviews), but I'm planning my Christmas holidays and want to know what date classes start in January - should I be accepted I want to ensure I'm there on day 1! Can you please include also the date that the Business Foundation course is held?

Thanks in advance!

Indira
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Camille,
I have another question: what part of my Application will my interviewers see? Will they have my complete profile, including the essays? Or just a small portion of it?
Thanks again for your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy

GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello INSEAD team. In the case of a candidate with an existing masters degree or with two degrees, how is the selection influenced in terms of GPA or general average? Do you give more weight to the candidate's most recent degree? Or in the case of an applicant with a masters, would you give more weight to the master's GPA? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Real Estate (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Hi Camille,

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions on this forum. I know you are busy especially this time of year!

1) Once a candidate has been preselected for an interview, what is your best guess at their odds of acceptance. I've read between 50-70 percent elsewhere on the internet, but wanted to get it straight from the source.

2) You mentioned earlier in the thread that those looking to go into Investment Banking MUST apply for a January start in order to get an internship. Applying for January, but just curious why that internship is so essential for IBers?

Many Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi,

What is the difference between fall and spring semester? Do we get the opportunity for internship in both semesters?

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
How stringent is Insead on age factor? Is it a myth or reality that age is a major concern for intakes? Also, jan14 intakes rounds i am aware, but what are the dates for dec 2014 intakes...your comments most appreciated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Date: 05-01-2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi Camille, I am not sure if this question has been answered earlier on this topic so kindly bear with me. I am an Indian with 6 years of work ex in USA. All my education has been in schools where english was the primary mode of education. Based on this do I get a TOEFL waiver? I really want to apply with R2 so just want to ensure I have my basis covered.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V30
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
hi Camille,

I'm an Indian, applying for Jan 14 intake. My doubt is regarding the TOEFL.
I have 7 years of Work Ex and and Engineering student and my degree is taught in English.
Do I still need a TOEFL/IELTS Score?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
mdb
Send PM
dini wrote:
Dear Camille,

I have applied for R1, January 2014. I may be getting ahead of myself here (as I'm still waiting to hear back for interviews), but I'm planning my Christmas holidays and want to know what date classes start in January - should I be accepted I want to ensure I'm there on day 1! Can you please include also the date that the Business Foundation course is held?

Thanks in advance!

Indira

Hi Indira,
I'm afraid the yearly schedule for Jan 14 intake is not confirmed yet, but usually the first day is on the beginning of the second week of January, so i would guess it will be January 6th. Business Foundation is usually the previous week, or sometimes before Xmas... sorry, i realise this is not so helpful.

Best of luck!
Camille
Send PM
itsmeabhi99 wrote:
Hi Camille, I am not sure if this question has been answered earlier on this topic so kindly bear with me. I am an Indian with 6 years of work ex in USA. All my education has been in schools where english was the primary mode of education. Based on this do I get a TOEFL waiver? I really want to apply with R2 so just want to ensure I have my basis covered.

Just answered the same question, please refer to my post reply to Mdb

cheers,
Camille
Send PM
whwarg wrote:
Hi Camille,
I have another question: what part of my Application will my interviewers see? Will they have my complete profile, including the essays? Or just a small portion of it?
Thanks again for your help!

Hi Again ;-)
Your interviewers have definitely access to your essays, some of your personal data (not your salary/bonuses - this is only for the scholarship committee), your languages and professional background.

Cheers,
Camille
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
INSEADadmissions wrote:
All you ever wanted to know about career trends, campus opportunities etc...
Check out this great interview from Katja, our Associate Director of Career Development Centre.

https://pagalguy.com/news/insead-there-no-significant-advantage-of-a-16559387/

Cheers!
Camille

Thank you Camille for sharing this Interview info....!

It does contain lots of info. Would revert to you going forward if there is further clarification required.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Camille,

I am a round 2 applicant for 2014 January class. I am wondering if INSEAD go through any background check, such as Kroll. I have a unique situation, where my payroll are actually from the parent company, while I work in its subsidiary. If so, I need to realign my information to both HR groups, in order to reduce confusion during the check.

Thanks,
Anthony Liang
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Hello INSEADadmissionsTeam,

I'm an entrepreneur planning to apply to INSEAD for Sept 2014 intake. Seems like INSEAD places a lot of emphasis on the fact that applicants should have worked or at least traveled abroad(and there's a part in INSEAD application that asks for this). However, unfortunately, I haven't have had this opportunity so far because I have been running my own business for the last 4 years and as an entrepreneur one has to be really frugal with money. Will this reflect negatively on my application especially because INSEAD places a lot of emphasis on this.
I can probably travel to Singapore/Thailand etc in the next few months to offset this but personally I think it would be more of a stunt just to offset my weakness on that area. Any thoughts ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hi Camille

I have a few questions reqgarding the INSEAD App process:

1. In my application and essays, I am planning to mention about college events that I won, college clubs that I was part of etc. Now, for these, I have the certificates with me. So, is it required to send them across alongwith the normal supporting documents? Would it strengthen my case if I send them?

2. Also, is it required to give proofs for other achievements/accolades received in the professional workspace?

3. Would Provisional degree certificate alongwith the final marksheets for all semesters be a sufficient supporting document as transcripts? Actually, I dont have the original degree with me since the convocation is still to happen.

Regards
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Send PM