GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 22:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Re: Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 06:05
shivamjjw wrote:
I want to know my chances of getting into Darden- Deferred MBA

Nationality: Indian

Academic grades: Score in 10th is 88%, 12th std grade= 90%. Graduating from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Bachelors of Business Administration program with a CGPA of 3.8/4. My UG university is ranked in top 10 for this field.Pursuing Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA UK).

Internship experience: Data Analyst at a quick-service restaurant. Secured a 2 months internship at PWC for coming summer

Achievements: Winner of State level table tennis tournament and secured All India Rank 1 in multiple CIMA exams. Won various B-plan competition and startup idea competition.

Extra-curriculars: One year experience at an NGO. Member of Entrepreneurship Cell of my college and AISEC club. Published a research paper on Operation Research in a journal with an impact factor of 7.0.

Certification course: Financial Market from Yale University via Coursera. Stock trading Workshop at IIT-B. I have completed a couple of more certification courses in other domains.

Expected GMAT score: 710-730 ( Got 710 in first simulated/ mock test)

I have also worked closely with my brother on a startup which in in B2B domain and have revenues of a $500,000.

Please provide me valuable insights into my profile and areas of improvement

Hey, I think this thread is more or less dead. Also foreign universities don't care about our 10th and 12th marks.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 18:32
Background and nationality
Nationality: Indonesia

Undergrad Information
Institution: Large state school (Top 75 in the US)
Major: Industrial Engineering (Program is top 5 in the US)
GPA: 2.6
No particular reason. I was actually really into academics/school in general but just happened to give approximately 0 sh*** about grades. Saw many cheat/go through college and I correspondingly I became rebellious towards the concept of grades. Needless to say I regret having had that mentality. Trend roughly followed a linear 2.3-3.0 curve throughout my 4 years if that matters..

GMAT:
Overall: 680
Q: 48
V: 35
IR: 6
AWA: 4

Work experience and leadership
*I'm currently ~4.5 years out of undergrad*

Years 0-2 (Georgia): Consultant / Lead Consultant at a major supply chain software company
- Developed an omni-channel strategy and infrastructure for a $2B apparel company
- Implemented an order management platform to orchestrate all movements of a $7B retailer's inventory

Years 2-3.5 (California): Consultant at the largest privately-held enterprise software company
- Implemented a transportation management system for a top 5 largest company

Years 3.5-present (California): Senior Consultant at a Big4 (management consulting practice)
- Developed a rapid cost reduction strategy for the largest ag-retailer in north america
- Currently building the supply chain of a new business unit of a pharma giant essentially from scratch

Community and others
- President of an international community group for last 2 years of undergrad
- Ambassador of industrial engineering (IE) school throughout undergrad: basically conducted presentations/recruited on behalf of the IE program at various high schools.
- Career mentor for my alma mater's current IE students as well as for a local California high school

Post MBA goals
I'm aiming to go back to consulting after b-school. Specifically at MBB/ATK/OW/S&/PEY. Literally just one of these 7 firms or bust, but am open to relocate to Asia (Singapore/Hong Kong) or South America. If I wound up somewhere outside of these 7 I would consider the MBA ROI negative though.

Now comes the big question. Is it even worth spending time to pull up my GMAT score given my profile (mainly GPA) and career goals? Realistically, I think my cap would be around a 730 and I would not attend a school ranked lower than UCLA (#16). To put it in perspective, if "100%" represents the opportunities that would be available to me with an MBA, I am currently at about "75%".

Anything else?
To leave it open-ended, what are your thoughts around next steps? Thank you for reading this far if you did.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 22:08
Well honestly sugana99, if you are serious about pursuing a Top 15 MBA program, obviously you have to retake your GMAT. You also will most likely have to address your low GPA in the optional essay for any school anyway. Any admission committee needs to be assured that your quantitative skills are strong enough to succeed in their program. The workload at Darden is known to be quite challenging. The GMAT is just the first step of the MBA journey and just one part of the application. Even if you can get a 750, it is not guaranteed that you'll be admitted. You still need to answer questions like Why MBA? Why our school?... in an authentic and convincing way. And admission is just the beginning. The schools you target and the firms you want to get into accept people with good grades who are passionate and have mind-blowing stories every year. They want people with good grades because grades signal these people are willing to apply themselves. No offence, I feel that you are not that willing to work hard to compensate for your GPA and your are not that serious about the MBA degree anyway. You already put a cap of 730 while you have not tried ways to improve the score yet.
UCLA's average GMAT is around 720 if I remember correctly and their GPA range is also quite high among schools with similar rankings.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 22:45
Hey haileyyy,

No offense taken, so thanks for the impartial 3rd person perspective. You're right, when I compare the benefits/costs of attending to those of not, I can't help but justify doing the bare minimum (for me the total cost of attendance including opportunity cost and assuming no scholarship is ~$500-600k). The main value proposition would be the increased odds of getting an interview at listed firms, but whether that probability jump is worth over half a million dollars is unclear to me. This is especially so since the work I already do is extremely similar to what folks at those firms do - just not quite at the same bar and I'm not truly a generalist.

I guess in simple terms what I'm really asking is, assuming all other unknown facets of the application (essays, story, and interview) are sound, would the GPA still so extensively damage my candidacy at Darden that even a 730/740 wouldn't give me a decent shot? Or is it worth the effort?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '22
GPA: 3.95
Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2019, 00:12
(Darden Deferred MBA)

University: Top State University in USA, with Honors College.

Degree and GPA: currently 4th year Dual B.S. -M.S. (5 years) in Computer Science. Undergraduate GPA:3.95+. Masters GPA: 3.9+ (all A or A-). Masters is thesis-based (my focus is Machine Learning/Data Analysis). My curriculum is very rigorous, taking graduate courses right from 5th semester, and far exceeding the degree requirement of Masters. My biggest strength and motivating factor.

Work Experience:
1) From my 6th semester, I am graduate Teaching Assistant (which gets me full tuition scholarship and stipend) (would be 2.5 years)
2) 2 summer internship at famous IB company as Software Engineering Intern.

LOR:
1) One from my Teaching Assistant supervisor (professional).
2) One from my Thesis advisor (academic).
1 and 2 wrote LOR before for me when I got into M.S.

GMAT: Haven't taken and probably my weakest point (Verbal). But I will be preparing rigorously over the next year. I am hopeful to get 710-740 depending on Verbal. I am confident to get Q51 (hopefully not overconfident).

Note: Also evaluate for other deferred programs as well, since it won't hurt to apply
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Wharton
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2020, 05:18
Please evaluate my profile for UVA Darden

Female
Location- India
Work Experience - 5 years
GMAT Score - 720 (Q48, V41, IR6)

Professional details:

Organization 1 (One of the largest IT firms in India)

1. Worked as a corporate trainer for 2 yrs training batches of 80-100 trainees in technical subjects. Supervised the training of 200+ trainees as the batch owner, and served as SPOC. Handled assessments, prepared QPs for trainees at one of the largest training centres in India.

2. Switched over to delivery, and worked with Harley Davidson, providing production support. (6 months).

Organization 2 (A Swedish MNC)

Working as a PLM Consultant for 2 years now. Handled clients and delivery for Garrett motion (Honeywell turbo ltd). Developed an entire module from scratch and delivered to global customers. Handled sprint delivery and testing as well.

Extra-Curricular:

Grade A in Business English Vantage Certificate Vantage Exam by Cambridge University (Council of Europe Level B2)
Volunteered and Participated in the Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme by AICTE
Awarded 2nd prize for Inter-University Chancellor's Cup Group Discussion (State-Level)
Awarded 1st prize in Declamation Contest by CMAI (State Level)
Volunteered and Participated in Microsoft DreamSpark Yatra
Volunteered in the organizing team for the 13th International Conference for Information Technology
Awarded 2nd position in State Level Debate Contest by Rotary International

Short term goals - After having had broad exposure to the IT industry, and handling product and sprint delivery, I plan to use my MBA curriculum to help me pivot to a career in sales and marketing. This will help me gain a deeper understanding of product marketing, and I will also make sure that I get exposure at the regional level and understand other functions like Administration, Finance, etc.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.96
WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 21:03
Hi everyone, I am a 22-year-old Australian about to begin my final year of undergraduate studies with the intention to complete an MBA through Darden's Future Scholars program. Due to my expected graduation date, I am eligible to apply to potential programs in 2021. I believe that my GMAT score and essay(s) will ‘make or break’ my application. I appreciate any feedback on my profile and would like to hear opinions on what would be an appropriate GMAT score to target for Darden. My current train of thought is minimum --> 680, target --> 720, dream --> 740.

(1) BACKGROUND

Work experience:

• Big 3 German automotive manufacturer (Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes)

6-month internship in Germany

• Prestigious boutique German automotive manufacturer

14-month internship + thesis in Germany.

Only (possibly first) non-EU resident at the company

Extra curriculars:

• Founding president of the mechanical engineering student association

200+ members in six months

Organised an on-campus industry expo with 30+ companies and 1100 student registrations

Company Q&As, industry visits, skill workshops, etc.

• Elected undergraduate representative of 12,000+ students on the school’s academic board

Hold monthly academic board meetings with the pro-vice chancellor and other high-ranking school officials. The academic board establishes the structure of academic programs and discusses school matters. There are a lot of NDAs!

• In2Science mentor

Mentor a classroom of low socioeconomic high school students to increase their engagement, confidence, and aspirations in STEM.

• Student-Staff consulting representative

Consult with my peers to identify program-related opportunities for improvement and present those issues at student-staff meetings.

• Entrepreneurship club

Committee member

• Founded a side-business on a shoestring budget

• Very early stage NPO start-up

• Golden Key International Honour Society

• Formula SAE

Undergrad school/major:

• Location - Australia

• QS 250, QS Engineering 100

• Mechanical Engineering (Honours) | Business Management

Will graduate with two degrees.

Received several awards.

Featured on university promotional material.

• December 2020 graduation date

Other education/coursework:

• Certificate III in Music Industry

Race/nationality:

• White

• Australian

Sex:

• Male

(2) STATS

Cold GMAT Scores:

• MGMAT#1 620 (Q40 V35)

Taken 23/12/2019

• GMATPrep#1 530 (Q32 V32)

Taken 26/12/2019

• Potential test dates: July 20’, December 20’, January 21’, February 21’

Undergrad GPA:

• 4.0 / 4.0

6 subjects remaining.

(3) MBA INFO

Goal of MBA:

• [Short-term] To move away from traditional engineering roles and into management style roles particularly in NPO start-ups. By being accepted into a deferred program I will have the confidence after undergrad to take professional risks, whether that is to begin/grow a start-up or apply myself in a smaller boutique firm. Furthermore, I will have the support of the school’s network to help accelerate my professional progression in the period before matriculation.

• [Long-term] My longer-term vision is to make a positive impact in Australia. Currently Australia has a large dependence on its mining and farming exports however both industries are in decline which will ultimately damage the economy. The automotive industry was once in this position, unfortunately the industry succumbed to the downward trend and manufacturing has since been abandoned. My goal is to bring back the automotive industry to Australia in the form of renewable and sustainable practises thus contributing jobs, innovative technology, and pride to the country.

(4) OTHER

International exposure and languages:

• Two months in Tanzania

• Two years in Germany

Can speak German at an elementary workplace level which I learnt in my own time.

Matriculation:

• Aim to work for 3-4 years before matriculating

Assuming that I am accepted into a deferred program.

• Will be ~27 years old at time of matriculation

Essay discussion points:

• Aspirations to lead and make a positive impact.

Unfortunately Fortunately I have no ‘sob stories’.

• MBA goals

• Time spent in Germany

B
Schools: Darden '22
GPA: 3.95

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 23:16
MBAaustralia wrote:
Hi everyone, I am a 22-year-old Australian about to begin my final year of undergraduate studies with the intention to complete an MBA through Darden's Future Scholars program. Due to my expected graduation date, I am eligible to apply to potential programs in 2021. I believe that my GMAT score and essay(s) will ‘make or break’ my application. I appreciate any feedback on my profile and would like to hear opinions on what would be an appropriate GMAT score to target for Darden. My current train of thought is minimum --> 680, target --> 720, dream --> 740.

(1) BACKGROUND

Work experience:

• Big 3 German automotive manufacturer (Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes)

6-month internship in Germany

• Prestigious boutique German automotive manufacturer

14-month internship + thesis in Germany.

Only (possibly first) non-EU resident at the company

Extra curriculars:

• Founding president of the mechanical engineering student association

200+ members in six months

Organised an on-campus industry expo with 30+ companies and 1100 student registrations

Company Q&As, industry visits, skill workshops, etc.

• Elected undergraduate representative of 12,000+ students on the school’s academic board

Hold monthly academic board meetings with the pro-vice chancellor and other high-ranking school officials. The academic board establishes the structure of academic programs and discusses school matters. There are a lot of NDAs!

• In2Science mentor

Mentor a classroom of low socioeconomic high school students to increase their engagement, confidence, and aspirations in STEM.

• Student-Staff consulting representative

Consult with my peers to identify program-related opportunities for improvement and present those issues at student-staff meetings.

• Entrepreneurship club

Committee member

• Founded a side-business on a shoestring budget

• Very early stage NPO start-up

• Golden Key International Honour Society

• Formula SAE

Undergrad school/major:

• Location - Australia

• QS 250, QS Engineering 100

• Mechanical Engineering (Honours) | Business Management

Will graduate with two degrees.

Received several awards.

Featured on university promotional material.

• December 2020 graduation date

Other education/coursework:

• Certificate III in Music Industry

Race/nationality:

• White

• Australian

Sex:

• Male

(2) STATS

Cold GMAT Scores:

• MGMAT#1 620 (Q40 V35)

Taken 23/12/2019

• GMATPrep#1 530 (Q32 V32)

Taken 26/12/2019

• Potential test dates: July 20’, December 20’, January 21’, February 21’

Undergrad GPA:

• 4.0 / 4.0

6 subjects remaining.

(3) MBA INFO

Goal of MBA:

• [Short-term] To move away from traditional engineering roles and into management style roles particularly in NPO start-ups. By being accepted into a deferred program I will have the confidence after undergrad to take professional risks, whether that is to begin/grow a start-up or apply myself in a smaller boutique firm. Furthermore, I will have the support of the school’s network to help accelerate my professional progression in the period before matriculation.

• [Long-term] My longer-term vision is to make a positive impact in Australia. Currently Australia has a large dependence on its mining and farming exports however both industries are in decline which will ultimately damage the economy. The automotive industry was once in this position, unfortunately the industry succumbed to the downward trend and manufacturing has since been abandoned. My goal is to bring back the automotive industry to Australia in the form of renewable and sustainable practises thus contributing jobs, innovative technology, and pride to the country.

(4) OTHER

International exposure and languages:

• Two months in Tanzania

• Two years in Germany

Can speak German at an elementary workplace level which I learnt in my own time.

Matriculation:

• Aim to work for 3-4 years before matriculating

Assuming that I am accepted into a deferred program.

• Will be ~27 years old at time of matriculation

Essay discussion points:

• Aspirations to lead and make a positive impact.

Unfortunately Fortunately I have no ‘sob stories’.

• MBA goals

• Time spent in Germany

Hi. I am also applying to Future Scholars! I think I am in a similar boat: I have high GPA and good internship experience, but GMAT scores and essays would be making a difference.

I am really hopeful that the GPA weighs a lot more in Future Scholars than normal (from what I heard, GMAT represent "most recent" academic achievement if applying after 5 years WE). Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2020, 06:58
Hello everyone

I am a 26 year old female from India.
GMAT : 760
Education : BTECH from a tier 2 college with GPA 8.25/10
Work experience : 4+ years of experience in a leading IT company in the country. I work in the automotive domain wherein I am involved in the development, validation and deployment of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System ECU) softwares. For the past 1 year, I am in Japan, at client location, leading a team of 10 (both at onsite and offshore) wherein we are involved in the In Vehicle ECU Software development and deployment of the Driver Attention Alert System. I directly interact with our client so as to completely understand and analyse their requirements and then devise the strategy to achieve the same.
Extra-curricular : I am an avid reader and a writer. I have an online blog with over 20 published articles and over 1k followers.
Apart from this, I am a trained Bharatnatyam (Indian classical dance form) dancer, practicing dance right from the tender age of 6. I have performed at over 200 stages and have received many accolades throughout my school and university tenure.
Volunteer activities : Right from the age of 17, I have been involved in several NGO activities. While I was pursuing my 11th and 12th, I used to provide home tuitions for 10-12 under privileged students. Then while in college, I volunteered with Teach for India. I have also volunteered with Help Age India and taught our elderly basic Math and English.
I would like to know my chances at top Bschools in the world.

HBS Moderator
D
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2020, 07:22
gayatrisk1994
You got a good profile. You can even try Booth and others, perfectly good leadership experience to get in.

Without meaning any offense...
Just one question- the user name is that gay at risk or gayatri sk?

Also, you stand a fair chance at top 10 with this profile

Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 08:23
gayatrisk1994 wrote:
Hello everyone
Hi @gayatrisk1994 you have a GMAT score that many would be looking for! The issue right now is that if you are not in somewhere now-- you should just wait and apply early for R12020. I don't see how you'd get the visa in time unless that is already done. But I see you being a strong candidate for Darden and a lot of MBA programs
I am a 26 year old female from India.
GMAT : 760
Education : BTECH from a tier 2 college with GPA 8.25/10
Work experience : 4+ years of experience in a leading IT company in the country. I work in the automotive domain wherein I am involved in the development, validation and deployment of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System ECU) softwares. For the past 1 year, I am in Japan, at client location, leading a team of 10 (both at onsite and offshore) wherein we are involved in the In Vehicle ECU Software development and deployment of the Driver Attention Alert System. I directly interact with our client so as to completely understand and analyse their requirements and then devise the strategy to achieve the same.
Extra-curricular : I am an avid reader and a writer. I have an online blog with over 20 published articles and over 1k followers.
Apart from this, I am a trained Bharatnatyam (Indian classical dance form) dancer, practicing dance right from the tender age of 6. I have performed at over 200 stages and have received many accolades throughout my school and university tenure.
Volunteer activities : Right from the age of 17, I have been involved in several NGO activities. While I was pursuing my 11th and 12th, I used to provide home tuitions for 10-12 under privileged students. Then while in college, I volunteered with Teach for India. I have also volunteered with Help Age India and taught our elderly basic Math and English.
I would like to know my chances at top Bschools in the world.

B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 08:48
Hello,

Could someone please review my profile for Darden?

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 3
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting / finance or entrepreneurship.

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.

Regards,
theleopride
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 08:13
Background and nationality - Indian (male), age at application - 26, Business education (Undergrad and post-grad from top tier institutes in India)
GMAT: 730 -740 (Realistic target)
Undergrad Gpa- 7.48(equivalent to 4.0 acc to gmac)- top 30%

Post grad Gpa - 2.93/4.33 from IIM (top 30% of class)
Common Admission Test 2015 (GMAT equivalent for Indian bschools, 200,000 test takers in a year) - 98.5 percentile

Work experience and leadership - 3.5 years (during application) CPG firm (listed public ltd company) in India, led a team of 10+ management and STEM graduates for all these 3.5 yrs, youngest and fastest to get promoted, youngest state head, highest growth and achievement nos. in first 2 years
Only one at my level to be invited by the CEO to present in front of the Chairman and BODs
Proposed three business models which are all now in use Pan India
Recommendations from Pan India Heads

Community and others -

Volunteering at a school for special needs children - mostly kids who don't have resources for correct diagnosis - tried to teach them nuances of human interaction and to make them independent in their daily tasks

Hosted a tedx event and achieved a blackbelt in martial arts, opportunity to represent country and state in international and national competitions

Post MBA goals - transition to consulting in CPG/manufacturing and then start an entrepreneurial venture in the same space

zero international experience, but experienced many cultures in India

Ideal GMAt score considering my background?
Planning to apply in R1

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 10:59
Background and Nationality : Indian
Age 36
Chartered Accountant with nearly 8 years of work experience (5years of corporate experience followed by a startup for 3 years).
Have faced many challenges in my life (including a major accident) and have fought back and stood again to succeed.
Work Experience :
CA Firm Jan 2012-Dec 2013
Rasheshwar Consultants: Dec 2013-Dec 2014
Drewry Jan 2015- Dec 2015
FORD Business Jan 2016- Jun 2017
Started Consultancy Firm July 2017-Present

Experience at ford was immense with opportunities of coordinating across the globe and working as a team with teams across the globe. Taking learning from US and Uk and implementing a new system in Asia Pacific region!
Looking forward to gain additional qualification and connect to ensure expansion of business and to uplift the standard of my profession at large.
Was a drummer until I passed my undergraduate and have been involved into various community services.
Applied without GMAT Score.. Please evaluate my profile and do reply back. ASAP...
Thanks in advance...
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 04:57
Hello carajatarora

Would like to understand more on your age and relatively lesser work experience. Also what is your Short/ Long term goal? If you don't feel comfortable sharing here, feel free to schedule a call with us.

Darden's Class profile can be found here: https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/adm ... ss-profile

PS: We have good experience in CA profiles. We can make you talk with our applicants for reference.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

carajatarora wrote:
Age 36
Chartered Accountant with nearly 8 years of work experience (5years of corporate experience followed by a startup for 3 years).
Have faced many challenges in my life (including a major accident) and have fought back and stood again to succeed.
Work Experience :

Experience at ford was immense with opportunities of coordinating across the globe and working as a team with teams across the globe. Taking learning from US and Uk and implementing a new system in Asia Pacific region!
Looking forward to gain additional qualification and connect to ensure expansion of business and to uplift the standard of my profession at large.
Was a drummer until I passed my undergraduate and have been involved into various community services.
Applied without GMAT Score.. Please evaluate my profile and do reply back. ASAP...
Thanks in advance...
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 23:48
carajatarora wrote:
Age 36
Work Experience :

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

It sounds like you have already applied, in that case my review can help you for other applications.

At 36 years you will be considered on the higher side of the Darden class age group, and that can be a consideration for Darden as it would impact your employability (lesser experience as compared to your age, and a senior applicant in general). They will likely ask you to apply to the executive MBA.
Secondly- you have changed a company every year until the entrepreneurial stint. That's not gonna reflect well on your resume. Specifically about Ford - if you ere enjoying the experience there you should probably have stuck on, although I'd believe there would be circumstances guiding you to start the consultancy. Working in global teams is and working with known companies is beneficial for the MBA.
Moreover, too many changes can lead to lack of promotions- so you will need to tactfully address your career growth in your application. The entrepreneurial experience can help in showing that you have used your varied past experiences to grow the company exponentially. Having big name or global clients is also worth stressing upon.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: UVA Darden
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 02:57
Hello everyone,
Will be greatful for a profile evaluation.
Indian male, 24
Gmat -740

Preferred bschools - kellogg, , Columbia, emory, isb (india), rice (jones), darden

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

Worked full time during all three years of my college,
2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation,
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

With respect to the social impact, i am very happy and proud of the projects that i have successfully completed.
During my college days, was the head of the National service scheme, ( pretty big collaboration between colleges), though head of my own college.
Helped the workers and the domestic help to get themselves organised and worked with them forming a union registered with their local police stations bringing a regulation and oversight towards any wrongful treatment and exploitation against them.

For the past 4 years, I am a registered member of the heartfulness organization, an education and spirituality organization, teaching the younger generation about the importance and understanding of spirituality. Have organized seminars all across the country with an median attendance of about 2000-3000 people in every one of them.
Have been part of various initiatives such as the green kanha, wherein we strive and work towards environmental protection and preservation, planting thousands of trees and having a means for water conservation for the use of agricultural.

On a side note- i created 2 firms in the mining and mineral line, using my skills and knowledge to grab a solid opportunity, (wanted to strategically use funds, selling one business at a good profit and utilizing that to run my other firm and making it a export oriented unit, this sale freed up my investment and helped my family come out of a tough financial condition). The important part of this venture was to make it a self sustaining source of incomenfor my family and form a partnership with the right kind of people having excellent business management skills and good hold at a local level. Hopefully everything till now went as planned.

SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 03:16
jeetsethi09 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Indian male, 24
Gmat -740

Preferred bschools - kellogg, , Columbia, emory, isb (india), rice (jones), darden

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation,
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

With respect to the social impact, i am very happy and proud of the projects that i have successfully completed.
During my college days, was the head of the National service scheme, ( pretty big collaboration between colleges), though head of my own college.
Helped the workers and the domestic help to get themselves organised and worked with them forming a union registered with their local police stations bringing a regulation and oversight towards any wrongful treatment and exploitation against them.

For the past 4 years, I am a registered member of the heartfulness organization, an education and spirituality organization, teaching the younger generation about the importance and understanding of spirituality. Have organized seminars all across the country with an median attendance of about 2000-3000 people in every one of them.
Have been part of various initiatives such as the green kanha, wherein we strive and work towards environmental protection and preservation, planting thousands of trees and having a means for water conservation for the use of agricultural.

On a side note- i created 2 firms in the mining and mineral line, using my skills and knowledge to grab a solid opportunity, (wanted to strategically use funds, selling one business at a good profit and utilizing that to run my other firm and making it a export oriented unit, this sale freed up my investment and helped my family come out of a tough financial condition). The important part of this venture was to make it a self sustaining source of incomenfor my family and form a partnership with the right kind of people having excellent business management skills and good hold at a local level. Hopefully everything till now went as planned.

Hi Jeetsethi,

I read your profile description on other threads as well. am a little unclear about the quantity of your work experience. Can you explain the split between the articleship and the full-time work exp. once again?

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: UVA Darden
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 03:24
MBADecoder wrote:
jeetsethi09 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Indian male, 24
Gmat -740

Post graduation,

Hi Jeetsethi,

I read your profile description on other threads as well. am a little unclear about the quantity of your work experience. Can you explain the split between the articleship and the full-time work exp. once again?

I have a total of 3 years of full time work experience post graduation.
During college , worked for 2 years as a financial analyst intern, and one year as an article in a Chartered accountancy firm.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 03:37
doublewhammy wrote:
Background and nationality - Indian (male), age at application - 26, Business education (Undergrad and post-grad from top tier institutes in India)
GMAT: 720 -740 (Realistic target)
Undergrad Gpa- 7.48(equivalent to 4.0 acc to gmac)- honours/distinction
Post grad Gpa - 2.93/4.33 from IIM (top 30% of class)
Common Admission Test 2015 (GMAT equivalent for Indian bschools, 200,000 test takers in a year) - 98.5 percentile

Work experience and leadership - 3.5 years (during application) CPG firm (listed public ltd company) in India, led a team of 10+ management and STEM graduates for all these 3.5 yrs, youngest and fastest to get promoted, youngest state head, highest growth and achievement nos. in first 2 years
Only one at my level to be invited by the CEO to present in front of the Chairman and BODs
Proposed three business models which are all now in use Pan India
Recommendations from Pan India Heads

Community and others -

Volunteering at a school for special needs children - mostly kids who don't have resources for correct diagnosis - tried to teach them nuances of human interaction and to make them independent in their daily tasks

Hosted a tedx event and achieved a blackbelt in martial arts, opportunity to represent country and state in international and national competitions

Post MBA goals - transition to consulting in CPG/manufacturing and then start an entrepreneurial venture in the same space

zero international experience, but experienced many cultures in India

Ideal GMAt score considering my background?
Planning to apply in R1

MBADecoder MBAnBConsulting
could you weigh in on my chances at darden?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 08 Jun 2020, 03:37

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 143 posts ] 

Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: kiryuken