GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge
Re: Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 19:12
Hey gmatpercher!

On paper I think you are qualified for Darden. Re. GMAT, I'd like to see you around a 47 raw score for Quant, and otherwise I think it's OK if your score skews towards verbal.

I see my colleague Nisha posed some questions to you to get some more info on the Ross forum, so I won't repeat those here. But one note specific to Darden is that they just announced an early action round with open interviews on campus, so if it's a top choice for you, I recommend that and strongly encourage you to visit campus. Darden is a school that really appreciates you making that effort to get to know their community.

Best of luck!
Kate

gmatpercher wrote:
Background: 26 year old white American
Education: 3.56 at a top 20 American University with a semester spent abroad in London
GMAT: 720 with a skew towards verbal
Work Experience: After college I worked 2 years with a leading market research firm doing research and evaluation on new product launches for CPG companies. I then made a shift and spent two years doing brand marketing at a top food company with budget management and P&L exposure.
Community: Volunteer at a local children's hospital once a week

Kate Richardson
mbaMission Senior Consultant and Chicago Booth Alum
http://www.mbamission.com
Read our school insider's guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q164 V164
GPA: 3.85
Premium Member
Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 10:27
Thank you so much in advance for the help!

Background: Applying in Fall 2018 Early Action for Fall 2019 start date.
Race/nationality: White, US
Sex: Male

Undergrad school/major: University of Pittsburgh, Accounting/Finance
Undergrad GPA: 3.85

GMAT Score: 760 Total, 49Q, 44V, AWA 6, IR 8

Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work experience upon submission of applications in Fall 2018 (4 upon planned matriculation) in Big 4 Public Accounting, Audit. I have completed a rotation in the TAS practice at my firm (specifically due diligence) and will be transferring full-time next Spring (I think this is a big selling point and shows growth in my career as the rotations are very selective in my office/firm).

Community and Others:
Volunteer dog-walker at local animal rescue shelters, helping to prepare and lead a booth at the upcoming Made in America festival in Philly.
Volunteer at LLS, organized multiple charity events and an office-wide team for a stair climb event.
President of Beta Alpha Psi during undergrad.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant during undergrad
Recipient of scholarship awarded to "Top Achieving Academic Student" during undergrad.
IM Leagues

Certifications: Licensed CPA

Post-Grad Goal of MBA: To secure a position with a BB Investment Bank (specifically M&A/Core IB division), with the ultimate goal of transitioning to Corporate Development for a F100-F500 Company in consumer products. I want to consolidate companies in the industry to create a company that creates innovative products which make a difference in the day-to-day lives of consumers.

Additional: I think my WE/Demographic will lead to an uphill battle but my stats are strong and I think my extra-curriculars are solid. My recs should also be quite strong.
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 16:24
Hi EricSayres,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. You have an excellent profile consisting of very strong academics and GMAT score. Your professional background and community involvements are also strong. If you have not done so already, and since early action applications are due on September 7th, I recommend you begin working on the qualitative aspect of the application ASAP. The quantitative portion of your profile will only get you so far; now it's time to show what you are made of (values). As you prepare your application, remember Darden's honor code, collaboration, and their teaching method.

If you would like to continue the conversation, please reach out and schedule a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

EricSayres wrote:

Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work experience upon submission of applications in Fall 2018 (4 upon planned matriculation) in Big 4 Public Accounting, Audit. I have completed a rotation in the TAS practice at my firm (specifically due diligence) and will be transferring full-time next Spring (I think this is a big selling point and shows growth in my career as the rotations are very selective in my office/firm).

Community and Others:
Volunteer dog-walker at local animal rescue shelters, helping to prepare and lead a booth at the upcoming Made in America festival in Philly.
Volunteer at LLS, organized multiple charity events and an office-wide team for a stair climb event.
Recipient of scholarship awarded to "Top Achieving Academic Student" during undergrad.
IM Leagues

Post-Grad Goal of MBA: To secure a position with a BB Investment Bank (specifically M&A/Core IB division), with the ultimate goal of transitioning to Corporate Development for a F100-F500 Company in consumer products. I want to consolidate companies in the industry to create a company that creates innovative products which make a difference in the day-to-day lives of consumers.

Additional: I think my WE/Demographic will lead to an uphill battle but my stats are strong and I think my extra-curriculars are solid. My recs should also be quite strong.

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q161 V164

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 16:57
EricSayres wrote:

Community and Others:
IM Leagues

how is your demographic a negative? your demographic is white male, which is the baseline applicant (multiplier of 1.0). if you were an indian engineer, then it would be a different story

NYC based Verbal and Writing tutor; taking clients pro bono atm

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2018, 16:49
Hello - thanks in advance to anyone who will be willing to evaluate my profile. Darden has been on my radar for quite some time.

Background: Applying R1 for Fall 2019 start
Race: Asian, US citizen
Male, 28 years old

GMAT: 720 (47Q, 42V, not my best performance)
Undergrad: Top 100 state university (top 30ish out of publics)
Major: Finance
GPA: 3.3 (prioritized extracurricular commitments in college)

Work experience:
3 years in financial administration years with 1 major promotion (and management experience. Responsible for financial tracking, internal analysis, and collaborating with senior management to optimize budget and financial processes. In terms of my own development in this job, I went from primarily budget preparation and writing proposals to leading discussion with management on broader financial strategy and client relationships, and being point person to management for status updates.

Currently going into my 4th year co-leading the finance arm within the education sector. Responsible for managing all internal financial processes, applying to grant funding, and working with stakeholders that currently fund us. I've also spearheaded a strategic plan for pursuing funding so that we are now better equipped for grant applications and am now managing our consulting partnership to visualize and later
execute a 5 year plan (we have a consulting firm that has been hired on to help us).

Extracurricular:
Student government leader
Fraternity council president (leadership above all fraternities on campus)
Appointed to several leadership honor societies and student positions by my university
Post-college I was an alumni representative, career mentor to college students, tutor to local high school students, nothing spectacular

Post MBA: Strategy consulting, with a preference to firms that have solid social/public sector clients, but not a hard preference. Basically to be on the other side of table in the major project that I'm managing
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2018, 15:04
Hi jinram,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. I like your professional experience, and your overall GMAT scores counterbalance the less than average GPA for Darden. You mention that you have had Darden in your "radar" for a while. May I ask why? Can you identify the reasons why you find Darden's MBA compelling?

As with any top programs, the quantitative component of one's profile is only one aspect of the application. To make a strong case as to why you should be admitted, you must demonstrate your fit, which happens through a combination of quantitative and qualitative components. Darden's R1 MBA application is around the corner. I recommend you take the next two (2) months to prepare a killer application, clearly articulation your path (past and future), and how Darden helps you get there. Where else are you applying?

If you are interested in continuing the conversation with a 30-minute free consultation, please click here to coordinate.

Good luck!

jinram wrote:
Hello - thanks in advance to anyone who will be willing to evaluate my profile. Darden has been on my radar for quite some time.

Background: Applying R1 for Fall 2019 start
Race: Asian, US citizen
Male, 28 years old

GMAT: 720 (47Q, 42V, not my best performance)
Undergrad: Top 100 state university (top 30ish out of publics)
Major: Finance
GPA: 3.3 (prioritized extracurricular commitments in college)

Work experience:
3 years in financial administration years with 1 major promotion (and management experience. Responsible for financial tracking, internal analysis, and collaborating with senior management to optimize budget and financial processes. In terms of my own development in this job, I went from primarily budget preparation and writing proposals to leading discussion with management on broader financial strategy and client relationships, and being point person to management for status updates.

Currently going into my 4th year co-leading the finance arm within the education sector. Responsible for managing all internal financial processes, applying to grant funding, and working with stakeholders that currently fund us. I've also spearheaded a strategic plan for pursuing funding so that we are now better equipped for grant applications and am now managing our consulting partnership to visualize and later
execute a 5 year plan (we have a consulting firm that has been hired on to help us).

Extracurricular:
Student government leader
Fraternity council president (leadership above all fraternities on campus)
Appointed to several leadership honor societies and student positions by my university
Post-college I was an alumni representative, career mentor to college students, tutor to local high school students, nothing spectacular

Post MBA: Strategy consulting, with a preference to firms that have solid social/public sector clients, but not a hard preference. Basically to be on the other side of table in the major project that I'm managing

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here &nbs [#permalink] 16 Aug 2018, 15:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 86 posts ] 

Darden Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap