Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I love astronomy! Hey Vivek, let your daughter watch this NASA multimedia clip on the Valles Marines of Mars. It took about 10min to download with my dinosaur P4 processor, but it`s definately worth the wait...

https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/odyssey/galler ... ighRes.mpg

Originally posted by GMATT73 on 06 Aug 2006, 00:49.
Last edited by GMATT73 on 06 Aug 2006, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Looks like this is how your daughter will get there in 2025. 8-) Six months is a long voyage...
Attachments

drobinson_shenandoah_1024.jpg
drobinson_shenandoah_1024.jpg [ 275.08 KiB | Viewed 2861 times ]

Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
I love astronomy! Hey Vivek, let your daughter watch this NASA multimedia clip on the Valles Marines of Mars. It took about 10min to download with my dinosaur P4 processor, but it`s definately worth the wait...

https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/odyssey/galler ... ighRes.mpg

Thanks Matt,

That's really cool! I appreciate it on behalf of my daughter :) Somehow, she likes the moon a lot, she keeps gazing at it...

I just went & had a look at couple of telescopes here in Bangalore, but need to work on the aperture vs power funda :?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hik, I've just come back...been so busy taking my foreign friends around the city these days ...So you decided to buy a telescope?!!;) ...I heard the Meade and Orion brands are the best in the field, start with a 3'' telescope, buddy :) ...I'd prefer a refractor one ...btw, why don't you consider a binocular, it's not bad at all ;) ...hik, to be honest, i'm not yet an expert in star gazing coz the sky in Guangzhou, China is always cloudy ...a lot of air pollution :cry: ..and if you wanna grab a book guide on star gazing, pick " Nightwatch" or "Celestial handbook" ( the latter is more advanced and kind of secular )
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Laxie & others,

Thanks for the tip. I bought a 2.5'' telescope yesterday, pretty good. But eversince I bought it, it's cloudy out here :( Waiting for clear sky...
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, here's the picture of the moon that I clicked through my telescope...had a touch time focussing throught the tiny aperture. I'm waiting for full moon ;) & folks Mars will be closest to the Earth on August 26 :-D If you have a telescope aim for it, golden opportunity :)
Attachments

File comment: 20mm
20mm Moon.JPG
20mm Moon.JPG [ 8.2 KiB | Viewed 2811 times ]

CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
vivek123 wrote:
Well, here's the picture of the moon that I clicked through my telescope...had a touch time focussing throught the tiny aperture. I'm waiting for full moon ;) & folks Mars will be closest to the Earth on August 26 :-D If you have a telescope aim for it, golden opportunity :)

Will keep an eye out for the red planet next week. Thanx for the pic Vivek!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well Vivek, Laxie, and the others out there interested in Astronomy, it looks like we are back down to eight official planets. Pluto has just been demoted.

https://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/08/2 ... index.html
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
Well Vivek, Laxie, and the others out there interested in Astronomy, it looks like we are back down to eight official planets. Pluto has just been demoted.

https://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/08/2 ... index.html

Yeah...! I just read it in the news paper. The new definition of "Planet" is interesting.

Laxie,
Did you notice this???
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah - everything was heated up on the Astronomy scene for a while, what with the dudes almost making 12 planets instead of 9 :lol:

Are those new planets still on the plate? Or were they rejected?

Here's my pic of the moon :-D Taken with a Kodak z740 at 15x zoom without any other attachments... it came out grainy coz of the digital zoom :(
Attachments

File comment: Here's my pic! :D
100_0676.JPG
100_0676.JPG [ 94.78 KiB | Viewed 2752 times ]

GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]