Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7626 [1]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Re: The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negativ [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey every one;
I hope this is with regard to the AWA issue prompt for the GRE.
The Issue task on the GMAT has been replaced with the Integrated Reasoning task.

- Just Checking-

Regards,
Peo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negativ [#permalink]
marijana wrote:
hey HarishLearner

Can you please evaluate my essay on the same theme? :)

Here is my version:

The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The argument claims that the best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones. Stated in this way the argument fails to mention several key factors, on the basis of which it could be evaluated. The conclusion relies on assumptions, for which is no clear evidence. Therefore the argument is rather weak, unconvincing and has several flaws.

First, the argument readily assumes that the best way to teach is to praise positive position actions. This statement is stretch and not sustained in any way. Nowadays children are more spoiled than they were before. It is good to praise children that they know that they do something good. But not every action, otherwise he will get used on it, and praise will not be a prize anymore. The perfect balance is to praise child only for things that he put some effort in it. For example: when he get good mark in a school, win competition.

Second, the author is saying that the best way to teach is to ignore negative actions. This is again a very weak and stretch statement is stretch. On the market there is a lot of new technology, and children do know much more things than our grandparents did, since they can asses to networks almost from everywhere. They also do more bad things, since they are playing violent video games. If parents/teachers ignore negative actions, child will not learn what is right to do and what is wrong to do. Parents should punished children for negative actions, for example: clean the house, no usage of computer.

In conclusion, the argument is flawed for the above mentioned reasons and is therefore unconvincing. It could be considerably strengthened if the author clearly mentioned all the relevant facts. In order to assess the merits of a certain situation it is essential to have full knowledge of all contributing factors. Without this information, the argument remains unsubstantiated and open to debate.

I believe that you have written an argument essay for an issue topic. I don't think you will get an argument topic which is so brief, because there is no scope for making assumptions and incomplete evidence.

However, I have corrected your minor grammatical errors and also added some advice regarding sentence correction.
Attachments
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts