Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am feeling that way, too. Always have something to do right at the time I tell myself: "just sit back and relax"
Maybe we should try to relax while doing stuffs.
Otherwise, just be patient. You will have a lot of relaxes when you ... retire. :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Johnny,

I see you have chosen NYU over BU. Can you summarize the main points for your decision?

Thanks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
cnc2 wrote:
Johnny,

I see you have chosen NYU over BU. Can you summarize the main points for your decision?

Thanks.

I guess to put it in the simplest terms possible, I would say that my conversations with students and alumni gave me the impression that NYU would give me many more opportunities than BU. I'm sure BU would serve me well and I would be able to build a successful career with a BU MBA, but I feel I wouldn't have as many options as I would coming out of NYU.

There were a million other factors and considerations but at the end of the day I just focused on the broad question: Which school will give me more opportunities?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Johnny,

Very sound reasoning (not to sound like your mother). As a finance person, I would equate those extra opportunities out of NYU to an option. While you pay an extra expense for this "option", you also have the right to exercise the option on those opportunities that would be otherwise significantly less available at BU. Congrats on your decision Johnny. By the way I searched thru old topics that you had started to see if you already answered the question I posed....I noticed you have started some great threads, keep it up.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Johnny, just sit down, relax and enjoy the show!
I'm sure B-school'll fly by, but you'll remember it for decades to come. Just set your priorities right. I've met lotsa people who said they regretted studying too much (quote: "If I were to do it again, I would not focus so much on getting As as I would on having fun"). But I'm yet to meet any person who regrets studying too little.

L.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think you might be able to relax during the 2nd year once you have a job lined up. That seems to be a common theme among people I have spoken with and some of the bloggers that are around. That was also the case with my friends at the business school at Michigan when I was there. The job market was hot (just before the downturn), everyone had multiple offers and were very relaxed. We spent a lot of time playing golf that spring.

I'll second Lepium's message that many people seem to regret studying too much and/or doing school related activities (like working as a teaching or research assistant). When I as at Haas for a visit, it was clear that the student ambassadors hosting the event were REALLY happy that their tenures were almost over.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: B-School Flies By [#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
johnnyx9 wrote:
I thought I could relax a little after I took the GMAT. I thought I could relax a little after I finished essays. I thought I could relax a little after I interviewed. There was always something else though.

I'm accepted and matriculating and I'm still not relaxing. I'm working on moving logistics and studying up on some accounting and stats. And starting to figure out how "case interviewing" works for consulting.

Now that you mention it, business school probably starts 1.5 years before you matriculate considering all the work involved with gmat/essays/gather app info.

I once heard someone say the hardest part of graduate school was getting in. I hope that true :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: B-School Flies By [#permalink]