GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 24 May 2020, 19:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Babson Olin vs Boston uni MBA - International student

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Babson   Boston U   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Babson Olin vs Boston uni MBA - International student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2020, 14:57
Hi,

I got admit for Babson MBA and BU MBA programs. My post MBA career goal is to get a job in financial advisory or private equity or venture capital. I also have prior financial advisory and audit experience from Big 4. I got 50-60% scholarship from both the schools.
Which college would be a better fit for me? I have understood that BU doesn’t have great alumni network in finance sector. And also with the Visa issues I feel having a STEM degree is advantageous which Babson is offering?

It would be great help to know your opinion on the same

Thanks
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Babson Olin vs Boston uni MBA - International student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2020, 16:29
Babson has 75% international students. Over 50% of Babson’s students are from India. How do you feel about an Indian school in the US?

Is that something you looking to be a part of or looking to avoid?

PS. Perhaps stonecold has some words of wisdom about stem or finance placements?

Posted from my mobile device

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User
Babson Olin vs Boston uni MBA - International student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2020, 16:11

You are an international student and want to get into the financial sector. Few pointers to consider:

(a) BU or Babson - Neither schools appeal to candidates wanting to enter the finance industry post MBA.
(b) As an over B-school, BU Questrom smokes Babson. It's almost insulting to compare them in my opinion ( I am obviously biased).
(c) While your scholarship seems great, it is still slightly on the lower end of the spectrum for schools outside Top-20. (What I mean here is that getting a free ride is what makes schools outside Top 20 attractive)
(d) I strongly believe that Babson is like an inflated ballon with zero substance and too much focus on entrepreneurship, which is hard to teach...

My advice: I STRONGLY suggest that to join BU and opt for MBA+MS and shell an extra 10k to get STEM. Also, I don't know who told you that "BU doesn’t have great alumni network in finance sector". We have alums everywhere. I am happy to put you in touch with some of them. Feel free to PM me.

BU's employment stats: https://www.bu.edu/questrom/files/2019/ ... Report.pdf (Take them with a grain of salt. Class of 2020 will have much better stats :)

B
Re: Babson Olin vs Boston uni MBA - International student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2020, 19:08
BU without a doubt. Babson’ s MBA is vastly inferior to BU’s and a cash cow for the Uni. The recruiting is weak and you’l struggle to find a job post-MBA, STEM or no STEM.

Go to BU, do the extra degree the previous poster mentioned. End of story.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Babson Olin vs Boston uni MBA - International student   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2020, 19:08

Babson Olin vs Boston uni MBA - International student

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Regenerate, FinanceMan