Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 255
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V32
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Beedie School of Business versus Haskayne - Which Should I Pick? [#permalink]
fazio95 wrote:
Hello all,

I received confirmation a few weeks ago that I had been accepted into the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University for my MBA. Considering that this has been my target school, I was elated to have received the offer and accepted. Last week, I also heard back from the University of Calgary. Considering that I've always been enthusiastic about the Beedie program, I feel that I'm making the right decision to attend next fall (though I appreciate the Haskayne offer of course). With that being said, I do feel like it's also important to seek outside guidance before making such an investment. Is there anything that I should know, or anything else I should consider? Just to add a little additional context, I will be an international student from the United States.

Thank you for your time!

Hi fazio,
Congrats on getting accepted into both universities. I would like to mention few points to answer your question. If you are planning to migrate to Canada, UCal will be a great choice as it's a 2 yr MBA program but if you are not into PR, definitely go for Simon Fraser.
Another thing, if you are interested in the oil and gas industry, Calgary would be an ideal choice as it's the oil and gas hub of Canada.
I do have a couple of questions though.
Did you give a second interview after the KIRA one?
if so, what sort of questions did they ask in that interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Beedie School of Business versus Haskayne - Which Should I Pick? [#permalink]
Shahriar92 wrote:
Hi fazio,
Congrats on getting accepted into both universities. I would like to mention few points to answer your question. If you are planning to migrate to Canada, UCal will be a great choice as it's a 2 yr MBA program but if you are not into PR, definitely go for Simon Fraser.
Another thing, if you are interested in the oil and gas industry, Calgary would be an ideal choice as it's the oil and gas hub of Canada.
I do have a couple of questions though.
Did you give a second interview after the KIRA one?
if so, what sort of questions did they ask in that interview?

Thank you for the response! I did end up going with Simon Fraser for my MBA program. While I desire to migrate, the SFU program actually spans the same length of UCal when you factor in the internship program and graduation date. Hopefully I made the right decision.

To answer your question, I never received any secondary interview after the initial KIRA interview for UCal.
GMAT Club Bot