It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 10:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress, dee

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress, dee [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2004, 22:08
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

15% (low)

Question Stats:

81% (00:34) correct 19% (00:53) wrong based on 102 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress, deep relaxation, if practiced regularly, can strengthen the immune system and produce a host of other physiological benefits.

(A) deep relaxation, if practiced regularly, can strengthen the immune system

(B) one can strengthen the immune system through deep relaxation, if it is practiced regularly

(C) the immune system can be strengthened as a result of deep relaxation if practiced regularly

(D) when deep relaxation is practiced regularly, the immune system can be strengthened

(E) when practiced regularly, the results of deep relaxation can be to strengthen the immune system
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Last edited by hazelnut on 29 Oct 2017, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Edited the question.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress, dee [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2004, 22:27
Hi!
I will opt for B.
Subject-verb Inversion

Saurabh Malpani

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 0

Re: Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress, dee [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2004, 22:28
OA is A.

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2004, 22:34
I agree that A is the correct modifier ...but I am concerned about the RUN ONN part. I am not sure of my answer.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2004, 13:37
The OA is A!!! Thanks.

Non-Human User

Kudos [?]: 270 [0], given: 0

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2016, 10:06
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Kudos [?]: 270 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 08:27
Can someone please explain why E is incorrect

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Board of Directors
G

Kudos [?]: 1116 [0], given: 327

GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress, dee [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 11:06
Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress , deep relaxation, if practiced regularly, can strengthen the immune system and produce a host of other physiological benefits.

Correct answer must be (A)

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek....

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES FOR POSTING IN QA AND VA FORUM AND USE SEARCH FUNCTION BEFORE POSTING NEW QUESTIONS

How to use Search Function in GMAT Club | Rules for Posting in QA forum | Writing Mathematical Formulas |Rules for Posting in VA forum | Request Expert's Reply ( VA Forum Only )

Kudos [?]: 1116 [0], given: 327

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 9285 [1], given: 341

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 13:52
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
s8kadian wrote:
Can someone please explain why E is incorrect

Hello s8kadian,

I will be more than happy to help you with this one. :-)

Take a look at the opening part of the sentence: Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress,...

The above-mentioned part in the sentence tells us that apart from from yielding certain psychological rewards... Hence, we can understand that the sentence intends to talk about the entity that does something else apart from producing psychological rewards.

Hence, this particular entity must be the subject of the sentence.

Grammatically speaking, the sentence starts with a verb-ing modifier yielding.... Hence, it must logically make sense with the subject of the sentence.

The context of the sentence tells us clearly that it is deep relaxation that apart from yielding certain psychological rewards does something else as well. Hence, deep ralxation must be the subject of this official sentence.

However, in Choice E, the results of deep relaxation is the subject that leads to the modification error because the results does not yield psychological rewards. Deep relaxation does. Hence, Choice E has a modifier error.

The correct usage of Verb-ing modifiers has been covered in great details in our Free Trial Concepts course. You can register for free at e-GMAT.com and learn about the correct usage of this modifiers.

Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.
Shraddha

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Kudos [?]: 9285 [1], given: 341

Re: Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress, dee   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2017, 13:52

Besides yielding such psychological rewards as relief from stress, dee

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap