Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [6]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Best Asian MBA Programs [#permalink]
pytha1gurus wrote:
Hi Narenn,

thank you for sharing this. I can see clear distinctions between INSEAD and other close contenders. However, I have seen a lot of good reviews of my IIM A applicants and I am not sure if I would place it below NUS.

Is there a data that can tell us more about how Indian MBA Grads in Singapore are doing ? How much are they earning ? If they are happy/Excited/Sad?

Between IIM A and NUS, what would be more appealing to an Indian recruiter?

Does NUS still have a very active Alumni chapter in India?

Do you know how are CEIBS Grads doing outside China?Can I look at any authentic source ? ( Not the school websites)

Thank you for managing the community, and bringing value !

Jatin

Would you consider Insead?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Send PM
INSEAD is definitely a top-tier program.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
pytha1gurus wrote:
Hi Narenn,

thank you for sharing this. I can see clear distinctions between INSEAD and other close contenders. However, I have seen a lot of good reviews of my IIM A applicants and I am not sure if I would place it below NUS.

Is there a data that can tell us more about how Indian MBA Grads in Singapore are doing ? How much are they earning ? If they are happy/Excited/Sad?

Between IIM A and NUS, what would be more appealing to an Indian recruiter?

Does NUS still have a very active Alumni chapter in India?

Do you know how are CEIBS Grads doing outside China?Can I look at any authentic source ? ( Not the school websites)

Thank you for managing the community, and bringing value !

Jatin

Hi Jatin,

FT rankings place substantial weight - 59% - on alumni feedback. There are many reasons why NUS is placed above IIM-A. May be NUS alumni are getting higher salary or the NUS MBA degree opening more diverse job opportunities or faster career progress to them in comparison with IIM-A alumni. IIM-A students may be enjoying their educational experience much but that's just one factor and school's rank is depend on various other factors which greater emphasis on post MBA growth.

FYI everyone, Here are details of weights assigned for different ranking criteria in FT's rankings.
Quote:

MBA Key

Weights for ranking criteria are shown in brackets as a percentage of the overall ranking).

Salary today: average alumnus salary three years after graduation, US$ PPP equivalent. This figure is not used in the ranking.†

Weighted salary (20): average alumnus salary three years after graduation, US$ PPP equivalent, with adjustment for variations between sectors.†

Salary increase (20): average difference in alumni salary from before the MBA to now. Half of this figure is calculated according to the absolute salary increase and half according to the percentage increase relative to pre-MBA salary.

Value for money (3): calculated using salary today, course length, fees and other costs, including lost income during the MBA.†

Career progress (3): calculated according to changes in the level of seniority and the size of company alumni work in now, compared with before their MBA.†

Aims achieved (3): the extent to which alumni fulfilled their stated goals or reasons for doing an MBA.†

Careers service (2): effectiveness of the school careers service in terms of career counselling, personal development, networking events, internship search and recruitment, as rated by their alumni.†

Employed at three months (2): percentage of the most recent graduating class who had found employment or accepted a job offer within three months of completing their studies. The figure in brackets is the percentage of the class for which the school was able to provide employment data and is used to calculate the school’s final score in this category.*

Alumni recommend (2): calculated according to selection by alumni of three schools from which they would recruit MBA graduates.†

Female faculty (2): percentage of female faculty.

Female students (2): percentage of female students on the full-time MBA.

Women on board (1): percentage of female members on the school’s advisory board.

International faculty (4): calculated according to the diversity of faculty by citizenship and the percentage whose nationality differs from their country of employment — the figure published in the table.

International students (4): calculated according to the diversity of current MBA students by citizenship and the percentage whose nationality differs from the country in which they study — the figure in the table.

International board (2): percentage of the board whose citizenship differs from the country in which the school is based.

International mobility (6): based on alumni citizenship and the countries where they worked before their MBA, on graduation and three years after.

International course experience (3): calculated on whether the most recent graduating class completed exchanges, research projects, study tours and company internships in countries other than where the school is based.*

Languages (1): number of extra languages required on graduation.*

Faculty with doctorates (5): percentage of full-time faculty with a doctoral degree.

PhD graduates (5): number of doctoral graduates from each business school during the past three years. The figure in brackets is the number of these graduates who took up faculty positions at a top 50 full-time MBA school.

FT research rank (10): calculated according to the number of articles published by current full-time faculty members in 50 selected academic and practitioner journals between January 2015 and August 2017. The FT50 rank combines the absolute number of publications with the number weighted relative to the faculty’s size.

Schools with a 50:50 (male/female) composition receive the highest possible score in the three gender-related criteria.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot