Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [102]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32869 [19]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Books of 2023 [#permalink]
hi all, does anyone have free/used GMAT and/or TOEFL books/CDs :) :please: ? Thanks in advance!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Hi! I'm looking at verbal resources from MBA.com could someone guide me:

What are the differences among:

GMAT Official Guide 22
GMAT Official Guide Verbal Review
GMAT Official Practice Questions 1 & 2

These are 4 resources. I'm in the mid 30s of Verbal and wanna improve. Which one(s) will be best?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V34
Send PM
HI im currently preparing for CAT(Indian management test) post that I have planned to take gmat. i almost have 5 weeks for it and wanted study material. Since the CAT already has formed the basics of most topics. I want only those resources who can give me advance practice. With regrades to different questions types of CR and DS I am also familiar with them as I have given NMAT by GMAC whose format is very similar to gmat but difficulty is on the lower side.
I was planning to buy the Kaplan prep plus 2022 book. Does it have good quality qs?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
raju1212 wrote:
HI im currently preparing for CAT(Indian management test) post that I have planned to take gmat. i almost have 5 weeks for it and wanted study material. Since the CAT already has formed the basics of most topics. I want only those resources who can give me advance practice. With regrades to different questions types of CR and DS I am also familiar with them as I have given NMAT by GMAC whose format is very similar to gmat but difficulty is on the lower side.
I was planning to buy the Kaplan prep plus 2022 book. Does it have good quality qs?

Sure, it would have fine questions though the biggest value that it will have will be the strategies and also the Tests that come with it.
If you are looking just for a question book to practice from, get the Official Guide first.

Good Luck!
BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello
I really want to take the GMAT again since my score of 640 is an abysmal one for unis that I would want to target
Came across the official GMAC Verbal and Quant books
Can someone let me know if those are good enough to start with and whether their questions are good enough to increase my score? Also planning to take the GMAT Whiz course to cover any gaps
Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you
Sas
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
Can someone let me know if those are good enough to start with and whether their questions are good enough to increase my score

Probably fair to say the Official Guides are solid choices to include into one's prep at some point. In terms of learning fundamentals early on, however - if you are, for example, very rusty with combinations or English grammar - it may be worth checking out 3rd party sources.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
suryasas wrote:
Hello
I really want to take the GMAT again since my score of 640 is an abysmal one for unis that I would want to target
Can someone let me know if those are good enough to start with and whether their questions are good enough to increase my score? Also planning to take the GMAT Whiz course to cover any gaps
Thank you
Sas

Those guides are certainly helpful, but you may need some more robust materials. Have you checked out course reviews here on GMAT Club?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
suryasas wrote:
Hello
Thank you
Sas

Those guides are certainly helpful, but you may need some more robust materials. Have you checked out course reviews here on GMAT Club?

Hello Scott
Yes, I have.
As mentioned GMAT Whiz primarily due to a time constraint I had
Thought I could supplement that with the offical verbal/quant books.
However, I can understand needing more robust or tougher material to prepare, appreciate the insight.
Went through the forum's list of books and already have the Kaplan guide. It's underwhelming however and has questions that don't seem to be on par with the official 700+ questions on the official GMAT exam.
Do you have any suggestions?
I can see that you're part of TTP, if your course can bridge the gap from 640 to mid 700's then I'd be happy to switch over. Inclined toward Whiz because of their reviews on score rises.
Thank you for your time
Best,
Sas
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM