GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 14 Jul 2020, 19:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Best Test Prep Program for Each Section

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Best Test Prep Program for Each Section  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 11:25
I was wondering which Test Prep programs/companies are the best for the verbal section and the quant section. I have heard that e-GMAT is the best for non-native English speakers and Target Test Prep is great for quant, but what are the top 3 for verbal and the top 3 for quant if you want to score 45+ for verbal and 51 for quant?

I understand that these scores are extremely high, but I have only seen information on score improvements up to the 40-48 point range and was wondering which programs are best suited for 760+ scores. Also this question is assuming that the hard work and planning are all well laid out.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Best Test Prep Program for Each Section  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 20:08
Hi TheAspirantMBA,

To start, the 760+ score is the 99th percentile - meaning that 99% of Test Takers never score that high (regardless of how long they study or the number of times that they take the GMAT). By extension, no combination of study materials and resources can guarantee that type of outcome. Thankfully, NO Business School requires a score that high - so it's important to realize that the score that you might "want" and the score that you "need" to get into your first-choice School are not the same thing.

Based on your initial post, it's not clear whether you're just beginning your studies or you've put in some significant study time already, so before I can offer you any advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 10:46
Hi TheAspirantMBA,

If you are looking to improve your quant score TTP would be a great resource for you. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT Club. Also, we’ve helped plenty of test-takers score Q50+ on the GMAT. In fact, here is a recent TTP debrief that you may find helpful:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/second-gmat- ... 05617.html

If you have any further questions regarding TTP, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com

214 REVIEWS

5-STAR RATED ONLINE GMAT QUANT SELF STUDY COURSE

NOW WITH GMAT VERBAL (BETA)

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

Director
Director
V
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE: General Management (Other)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2020, 08:05
TheAspirantMBA wrote:
I was wondering which Test Prep programs/companies are the best for the verbal section and the quant section. I have heard that e-GMAT is the best for non-native English speakers and Target Test Prep is great for quant, but what are the top 3 for verbal and the top 3 for quant if you want to score 45+ for verbal and 51 for quant?

I understand that these scores are extremely high, but I have only seen information on score improvements up to the 40-48 point range and was wondering which programs are best suited for 760+ scores. Also this question is assuming that the hard work and planning are all well laid out.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

E-Gmat and Target test prep are the best course available for Verbal and Quant respectively.
D
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge
Best Test Prep Program for Each Section  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 20:59
HI

I hope you already knew that 760+ is 99th percentile, it means your score is better than 99 percent of test-takers. It is not impossible to score that much but it is highly difficult.

I have not scored 760 but based on my experience, GMAT feels more like a mind game than a regular test if you are aiming for a high score. By mind game I meant GMAT throw at you different sorts of question some are way beyond the expected difficulty( experimental) and some RC are attractive enough that you would spend some time than you needed to. So you should have better intuition about which question to leave and how much time you should spend on a particular question

Though they seem minor things, they cost a 20-30 point difference if we not taken seriously.

How is it relevant to choosing the right prep resource either for QUANT or for VERBAL?

Right prep services would be that which gives you a better sense of expected difficulty and many prep services fail in that respect except few, one of them is Experts' global
Opinion: I've found that the Experts' Global GMAT prep course is really good in both Verbal and quant perspective

My Suggestion:

Verbal SC: Offline resource :Manhatten guides for SC , Online resource: Experts' global verbal course ,and supplementry :Mike McGarry's( from Magoosh) blogs.
Verbal CR: Power CR and LSAT for extra practice.
Verbal RC: Egmat videos and Experts' Global RC strategies.

Quant: GMAT club solutions and OG practice. and supplementary : Experts' global quant.

Mock tests: Experts' Global Mock test series

I Hope, I have been helpful to you. :)
GMAT Club Bot
Best Test Prep Program for Each Section   [#permalink] 29 Jun 2020, 20:59

Best Test Prep Program for Each Section

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep