Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 987 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow! your post is like a never-ending RC :) I had to skim thru, I accept.
Congrats tvconefive
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
For me, this is the most helpful post I've read on these boards. My 1st attempt last month (Sept. 7--I think I'll remember that date for a while) was VERY similar to your first attempt. Even my PP1 practice score before OG was 580. I'll probably refer to your post every week to keep me motivated until my next attempt in November.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Your sharing is very useful for me. I decided to try abother time to see "what will happen" and I know that I need to pace myself even during my preparation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
im glad that post was at least helpful to some of you. riteshb, just hang in there man, and believe in yourself. and gain confidence from good preparation. think positively and forget what any detractors may say. study hard and the results will follow. same goes for you too eileen. when its all said and done, it will be so much more sweeter to have earned the score you want, after a previous disappointment. those darn first time 700+ scorers will never truly know our experiences... hehehe... best of luck!!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
that was awesome. I am sure you have encouraged a lot of test takers and for that, i thank you. :)

Regards
Praetorian
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It really did.
Thanks for sharing. It has been really usefull.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Best Post Ever [#permalink]
I have to say this is the best post i've read on any gmat site....thanks for the long post and i will take the og (aka gmat bible) to heart...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks aroman21... dont take the gmat too lightly and put in a good honest effort and you will get exactly what you deserve... the gmat seems like such a long time ago, after going through all the application process, but inretrospect, its a great way to get into the whole process and in the mindset that you have to make goals and clear those hurdles... in that way, a standard test like the gmat is valuable. best of luck!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats on an awesome score tvconefive. I too thought your post was awesome. Mostly because I know the GMAT is going to be more of a mental test than a conceptual test for me. I mean you're right, most people can figure out the Math and with some practive the verbal too, but it's not about that. I've realized that in the last few weeks before my exam. Walking into the test with confidence and calm is THE MOST important thing. I only hope that when my test date comes I am able to do that, I only hope my head does not get in the way, like it did for you on your first attempt. Again great post, I'lll be reading this many times before the exam as well, just as a reminder.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
just wanted to update y'all with some great news... just got word that im in at yale SOM R2. i cant believe they notified this early. i still have other applications out on the table, but it feels great to have the first admit. now i can relax and take the load off knowing that ill be in a top tier program come fall... best of luck to those currently applying and those gearing up for the gmat!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow!!! great gmat score, great post and great news.
Congratulations for getting admission in at Yale. You deserve it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
As my first post, I want to thank you. The details of your GMAT experience helps put the long journey I have ahead into perspective. And thanks to everyone that contributes to this site, finding it only last night, I feel very fortunate as I think this will provide a tremendous benefit to me as I prepare myself for G-Day :twisted:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
the good news keeps rolling in... just got my anderson admit!!! 2/2 now, with apps still on the table at columbia, nyu, kellogg, cornell and chicago... im telling you guys, the final payoff feels really sweet so hang in there and slug through this gmat exam and the whole application process... and itll be all worthwhile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Congrats [#permalink]
Congrats on the two acceptance, you truly deserve them, keep us posted on any further developments.

Every time I start to loose heart or need some motivation I look at your post and return to OG and friends.

Thanks again for the fantastic post!!! You have kept me and many others motivated on the quest for GMAT success.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, can't believe I missed this. Congratulation on your acceptance to UCLA!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks again for the kind words and best wishes... just hang in there and believe in yourself.

as an update, ive also received admits from chicago, nyu and usc... that makes me 5/5 now.. i really feel like i have a good handle on what the adcomms are looking for so any help i can provide in the app process for you guys, just ask away... next thursday is the deadline (d-day) for my remaining three apps... kellogg, columbia and cornell.. obviously at this point everything is just gravy... but if i shoot 8/8 from the field, man id feel like michael jordan or something...

then will come the difficult but enviable position of deciding where to go! keep the faith and best of luck...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2164 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi there
You must be marvellos with your essays and you must have terrific profile. Best wishes for 8/8 and I trust you will get that was well.
Perhaps you could share your essays points.
S
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts