Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Bocconi vs LSE vs ESSEC vs ESCP (MIM) [#permalink]
Kudos
Pratt3103 wrote:
Hey!

I feel you have disregarded ESCP too easily. You said you aren't sure where you wish to work after grad, I feel ESCP would be great in this regard as it has campuses in 6 cities spread across Europe. You can make use of the career centers of all these campuses(99% placement within 3 months after grad).

Countries of employment:

58% France
10% United Kingdom
10% Germany
7% Asia Pacific
5% Europe
4% Italy
4% Americas
2% Africa/Middle East

And about the Dual Degrees, I agree Yale isn't on the list. But MIT Sloan and Cornell are.

Also, you said you are an Entrepreneur guy. Have you checked out Jean Baptiste Say Institute and the Blue Factory Startup Incubators? ESCP has specializations in tandem with these.

I see you are interested in Bocconi. Have you checked out how the employability is in Italy? And what about Italian? Are you well versed in it / plan on learning it?

Just a few more thing I feel you should consider before deciding.

Hi Pratt! You’re right and I thank you for your very helpful advice!
The issue with ESCP is more a “cultural” thing. As a south french, ESCP is well below regarded face to HEC, ESSEC and even LSE or some others, but this is only my point of view!
Secondly, ESCP students told me that the MIT double degree has 1 slot only for the best student and, even if I have been first in my bachelor I am not sure if I will make it at ESCP and that’s a risk I cannot bear unfortunately as I really value a good double degree...
ESCP is a wonderful school with a lot of opportunities thanks to its campuses and has a good entrepreneurship mindset but it doesn’t completely have what I am looking for.. I am almost sure that I want to work in the US and try this country for the beginning of my career so Yale is really a better option (if I don’t have MIT DD) as ESCP/Bocconi are not really well known there.
Well, that is said, you’re right about ESCP and it would be a pretty good choice honestly but it is also lacking this « prestige » (even if it is one of the most prestigious in this area and that a lot of people in those forums value ESCP) in MY point of view regarding how I have « grew up » in the business area, what I have heard and how my surroundings see ESCP comparing to the others.

I will not work in Italy directly after grad so the employability is not my concern and as I want to make a DD at St Gallen for my second year, I would also have the opportunity to work in Switz in case the US don’t fit with me (I need a better German Speaking fist haha)

Honestly, your point is clearly good, helpful and, regarding my undecided working situation, would be a good choice. But I cannot consider this school as I have Bocconi/LSE/ESSEC in my decision list which have more weight than ESCP. And a bunch of different factors put the others schools in a better position in my list.
I thank you a lot a lot for your help!! :D
Maybe a bunch of ESCP students/alum would not agree and that’s comprehensible but this is only my point of view! :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
Send PM
Re: Bocconi vs LSE vs ESSEC vs ESCP (MIM) [#permalink]
Kudos
alchya wrote:
Pratt3103 wrote:
Hey!

I feel you have disregarded ESCP too easily. You said you aren't sure where you wish to work after grad, I feel ESCP would be great in this regard as it has campuses in 6 cities spread across Europe. You can make use of the career centers of all these campuses(99% placement within 3 months after grad).

Countries of employment:

58% France
10% United Kingdom
10% Germany
7% Asia Pacific
5% Europe
4% Italy
4% Americas
2% Africa/Middle East

And about the Dual Degrees, I agree Yale isn't on the list. But MIT Sloan and Cornell are.

Also, you said you are an Entrepreneur guy. Have you checked out Jean Baptiste Say Institute and the Blue Factory Startup Incubators? ESCP has specializations in tandem with these.

I see you are interested in Bocconi. Have you checked out how the employability is in Italy? And what about Italian? Are you well versed in it / plan on learning it?

Just a few more thing I feel you should consider before deciding.

Hi Pratt! You’re right and I thank you for your very helpful advice!
The issue with ESCP is more a “cultural” thing. As a south french, ESCP is well below regarded face to HEC, ESSEC and even LSE or some others, but this is only my point of view!
Secondly, ESCP students told me that the MIT double degree has 1 slot only for the best student and, even if I have been first in my bachelor I am not sure if I will make it at ESCP and that’s a risk I cannot bear unfortunately as I really value a good double degree...
ESCP is a wonderful school with a lot of opportunities thanks to its campuses and has a good entrepreneurship mindset but it doesn’t completely have what I am looking for.. I am almost sure that I want to work in the US and try this country for the beginning of my career so Yale is really a better option (if I don’t have MIT DD) as ESCP/Bocconi are not really well known there.
Well, that is said, you’re right about ESCP and it would be a pretty good choice honestly but it is also lacking this « prestige » (even if it is one of the most prestigious in this area and that a lot of people in those forums value ESCP) in MY point of view regarding how I have « grew up » in the business area, what I have heard and how my surroundings see ESCP comparing to the others.

I will not work in Italy directly after grad so the employability is not my concern and as I want to make a DD at St Gallen for my second year, I would also have the opportunity to work in Switz in case the US don’t fit with me (I need a better German Speaking fist haha)

Honestly, your point is clearly good, helpful and, regarding my undecided working situation, would be a good choice. But I cannot consider this school as I have Bocconi/LSE/ESSEC in my decision list which have more weight than ESCP. And a bunch of different factors put the others schools in a better position in my list.
I thank you a lot a lot for your help!! :D
Maybe a bunch of ESCP students/alum would not agree and that’s comprehensible but this is only my point of view! :)

Fair enough. All the best :')
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DG1999 wrote:
Hey,

I would definitely recommend to go to Bocconi.

I faced a similar situation and also decided for Bocconi. If you want we can connect on https://gmatclub.com/chat or something 👍

Hi DG1999! Thank you for you answer and advice! I sent you a pm!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey,

I can relate to your question, since I was also in a similar position back in 2019. I was considering Bocconi, LSE and ESSEC for my masters - and ended up choosing the latter.

I had already done my BSc. in Bocconi and, while it was a fantastic experience (it is a super-school), I had the impression of not being properly coached with respect to the job market. I learned a lot, but the experience was way too academical and not "hands-on" enough. So I decided that it was time to move somewhere else.

I then decided not to apply to LSE because the program was considerably more expensive than the other two (taking into account that it is a one year program, mostly only based in London). I also found information regarding the median salary of LSE graduates, and it was not high enough to consider it as a good investment.

ESSEC, on the other hand, offered a program that would prepare me for the job market, could allow me to customize the program according to my interests/needs, and had plenty of opportunities to go abroad. There is, in fact, a very good career service center that helped me prepare to find cool internships (there are career counselors for example, or mentors) and the average salary of an ESSEC graduate is actually high enough to consider the program a good investment. There is also the possibility to choose "chairs" and "tracks" to specialize in a specific area (I am doing corporate finance, for example...but there are also specializations in entrepreneurship, luxury, etc.). And, finally, it is possible either to go on exchange/double degree abroad, or to enjoy of the international campuses (in Singapore and in Rabat).

Overall, I am happy with my choice and I would recommend ESSEC for the MiM program. Feel free to ask me anything, in case you have some questions!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gchm24 wrote:
Hey,

I can relate to your question, since I was also in a similar position back in 2019. I was considering Bocconi, LSE and ESSEC for my masters - and ended up choosing the latter.

I had already done my BSc. in Bocconi and, while it was a fantastic experience (it is a super-school), I had the impression of not being properly coached with respect to the job market. I learned a lot, but the experience was way too academical and not "hands-on" enough. So I decided that it was time to move somewhere else.

I then decided not to apply to LSE because the program was considerably more expensive than the other two (taking into account that it is a one year program, mostly only based in London). I also found information regarding the median salary of LSE graduates, and it was not high enough to consider it as a good investment.

ESSEC, on the other hand, offered a program that would prepare me for the job market, could allow me to customize the program according to my interests/needs, and had plenty of opportunities to go abroad. There is, in fact, a very good career service center that helped me prepare to find cool internships (there are career counselors for example, or mentors) and the average salary of an ESSEC graduate is actually high enough to consider the program a good investment. There is also the possibility to choose "chairs" and "tracks" to specialize in a specific area (I am doing corporate finance, for example...but there are also specializations in entrepreneurship, luxury, etc.). And, finally, it is possible either to go on exchange/double degree abroad, or to enjoy of the international campuses (in Singapore and in Rabat).

Overall, I am happy with my choice and I would recommend ESSEC for the MiM program. Feel free to ask me anything, in case you have some questions!

Hi gchm24! Thank you for sharing your experience and advice! I sincerely appreciate it!
ESSEC is the school that makes me hesitating with Bocconi. However, even if ESSEC is a wonderful school with plenties of opportunities, a few things make it less attractive regarding my background.
As I am french and I already have a french Bachelor I have enough connections to work in Paris and then ask for ESSEC's average salary if I go for Bocconi. ESSEC is extremely Asia centred and, after asking a lot of people, Bocconi is better known in the US than ESSEC (but less known than LSE). Furthermore, the opportunity of pursuing a Master degree at Yale is non-negligible and ESSEC doesn't offer this. Also, as I already have a french bachelor I would prefer pursuing a bunch of degrees abroad (as you have done by going outside of Italy and going to ESSEC). ESSEC's Double Degrees do not fit my aspirations (mostly Asians DD) and for example, St Gallen MBF DD with Bocconi would be a better choice for me.
ESSEC has a lot of good aspects but Bocconi has more matching aspirations and opportunities regarding my objectives.
I think that my choice is made and that I will go for Bocconi!
I thank you a lot for your help and wish you the best during your studies at ESSEC!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Send PM
I would recommend LSE. it is in London and has massive reach. Never go to ESCP or ESSEC. French schools are only good for France (and if you go pick ESSEC, way way better). If you do not want to go to London then go to Bocconi much better than the other two! Good luck :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts